What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

RottyRzr

Hello are you all right? Seeing the photos yours is a long flowering phenotype, it is different from mine and honestly I'm a bit jealous ahaha, mine is more leaning towards the Northern Lights I try to have my say and I should finish a little earlier but only time will tell us. But we have one characteristic in common that is the smells that not even mine does, only if you rub the branches then a rather unpleasant smell comes out of rotisserie and roasted and crispy chicken skin but also complex and pungent burnt rubber, I who was accustomed to sweet and fruity, sugary flavors and smells well this plant has already blown me away I can feel all its raw, smelly and burnt oil power and I haven't smoked it yet.
Its debatable if I'm all right or not. Depends on who you ask.:unsure: Hahahaha!
I figure its gonna be a long flowering pheno with its thin whispy bud formation. I just don't know how long. It still hasn't developed any odor that can be detected in the house or grow room. Unless she's touched! ;) I still cant describe the smell though. You seem to have all the best descriptions!

StickyBandit

Day 51 and I already changed up to a 30L pot 10 days ago. I understand root growth slows once plants are budding. Is this true?
Can anyone tell me what this plant needs?
I have some organic nutes now so maybe it needs a feed. It's been drinking all the water I gave it with microbes and some worm tea yesterday
20220930_181004.jpg 20220930_181036.jpg 20220930_181054.jpg 20220930_181102.jpg
These are the nutrients I got today. Looks like the two Biocanna bottles have the same NPK
Should I give it a feed?
20220930_185444.jpg
Thanks in advance
Sticky :)

Maple_Flail

Day 51 and I already changed up to a 30L pot 10 days ago. I understand root growth slows once plants are budding. Is this true?
I have some organic nutes now so maybe it needs a feed. It's been drinking all the water I gave it with microbes and some worm tea yesterday
View attachment 18763027 View attachment 18763028 View attachment 18763029 View attachment 18763030
These are the nutrients I got today. Looks like the two Biocanna bottles have the same NPK
Should I give it a feed?
View attachment 18763034
Thanks in advance
whats the PH of your runoff? (want to exclude lockout before saying anything)

StickyBandit

I haven't been using the runoff method. Trying to keep the microbes and fungi in the soil
It seems to have healthy active roots. The buds are growing well. It's started yellowing slowly from the bottom and worked it's way up. I haven't fed at all
I only watered with rain water with microbes and black strap molasses

Last edited:

goingrey

View attachment 18763027 View attachment 18763028 View attachment 18763029 View attachment 18763030
Should I give it a feed?
View attachment 18763034
Thanks in advance
The grow and bloom have the same NPK? Seems strange.

I guess root growth slows down around the same time as plant growth (rule of thumb kind of belief).

She seems to be quite far along already? Might be ready for harvest in a couple of weeks. Worth taking into account with the feed plan. But if you feel she needs a booster give her one?

Maple_Flail

really should check that runoff, without that bases on what the plant sees... LOOKs like its nitrogen and cal/mag deficient.. but they could be just locked out not deficient either by ph or whatever.

StickyBandit

The grow and bloom have the same NPK? Seems strange.

I guess root growth slows down around the same time as plant growth (rule of thumb kind of belief).

She seems to be quite far along already? Might be ready for harvest in a couple of weeks. Worth taking into account with the feed plan. But if you feel she needs a booster give her one?
Maybe the organics take what they need in the npk range?
I thought it looked almost ready too but it hasn't been very long. 52 days. It stinks more than the previous ones and looks ripe, but it just seems too early. All the trichomes are white and the small bud leaves have amber trichomes on them. It grew like a demon though so might be ready :p
really should check that runoff, without that bases on what the plant sees... LOOKs like its nitrogen and cal/mag deficient.. but they could be just locked out not deficient either by ph or whatever.
I didn't add cal/mag this round because I wasn't sure if it was ok for organic grows.
Maybe I'll test the soil off the top for pH. I would like to identify why the leaves die off because I'm about to do some slightly longer hazes. I sprouted some Mindblower a few days back :)

Last edited:

goingrey

Maybe the organics take what they need in the npk range?
I thought it looked almost ready too but it hasn't been very long. 52 days. It stinks more than the previous ones and looks ripe, but it just seems too early. All the trichomes are white and the small bud leaves have amber trichomes on them. It grew like a demon though so might be ready :p

I didn't add cal/mag this round because I wasn't sure if it was ok for organic grows.
Maybe I'll test the soil off the top for pH. I would like to identify why the leaves die off because I'm about to do some slightly longer hazes. I sprouted some Mindblower a few days back :)
Usually even the organic nutes have less N for the veg... For coco Canna only has the one product meant for the entire grow but they don't sell it with two names.

ACE says 9-12 weeks for KA5 so right on schedule if it's the fast pheno.

StickyBandit

Usually even the organic nutes have less N for the veg... For coco Canna only has the one product meant for the entire grow but they don't sell it with two names.

ACE says 9-12 weeks for KA5 so right on schedule if it's the fast pheno.
Yeah, I might drop off on the canna and add a little bird guano toward the end of the bud grows
Maybe I'll chop next weekend. I have 4 more young KA5H's to grow anyways, and they will need the space. I already have ~8oz or so KA5H curing :)

MrFancyPlants

In my experience, when you see such issues near the top of the plant (*especially* the burnt tips), it's either overfeeding or overlighting, or both. If you use newer LEDs (quantum board style), you may need to turn them down to 60-70% and move back from the plants, at least 2 feet away from the canopy.

Another possibility, like others mentioned, is pH swings. This could be due to liquid nutrients, as they are often stabilized with acids. Another possibility is that the late transplant changed the water regime in the root zone, and as the plant is no longer actively growing, it cannot easily adjust to the environment. Moisture affects pH directly by changing the concentration of dissolved salts in the medium.

Actually, just found this in your earlier post:
She started in a 2L pot of old soil mix, then went to a 15L pot with coco and perlite and now has moved to the 30L pot full of 50/50 organic potting mix and peat
It's best to keep the plant in the same type of mix throughout the grow cycle, as the different media have different cation exchange capacities, nutrient retention behaviors (Ca/Mg with coco requires special attention), and water retention properties.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
In my experience, when you see such issues near the top of the plant (*especially* the burnt tips), it's either overfeeding or overlighting, or both. If you use newer LEDs (quantum board style), you may need to turn them down to 60-70% and move back from the plants, at least 2 feet away from the canopy.

Another possibility, like others mentioned, is pH swings. This could be due to liquid nutrients, as they are often stabilized with acids. Another possibility is that the late transplant changed the water regime in the root zone, and as the plant is no longer actively growing, it cannot easily adjust to the environment. Moisture affects pH directly by changing the concentration of dissolved salts in the medium.

It's best to keep the plant in the same type of mix throughout the grow cycle, as the different media have different cation exchange capacities, nutrient retention behaviors (Ca/Mg with coco requires special attention), and water retention properties.
2feet from the canopy.... i wonder what the penetration will be- thats pretty far away

StickyBandit

I will take on board what you say (y) I didn't feed anything but rainwater and microbes throughout the grow though and the only feed was in the organic potting mix blend
I don't think the light's an issue. As @zachrockbadenof suggested, it's to far away for the rest of the plant at 2' away and I use a light meter.
As for changing mediums. the trunk has grown bigger than ever before so the root structure started off healthy at least.
I'm re-potting another organic grow of 4 KA5H plants today and potting straight into the 30L pots from the 2L pots. Hopefully this will let them settle down.
Imo bird guano is best applied in early flower because it's slower release and might be hard to "flush out" if added a few weeks before harvest.

Cheers
OK. Thanks for the info. I probably added it too late then
I'm currently trying not flushing as I was reading an article where they tested scientifically and found little to no difference in the final bud. If you know of other tests I would be interested to read them :)
I purchased some watering rings and a 1 second timer and I'll get a soil moisture tester (or make one with a multi-meter) and test at the bottom of the pot. I'm trying out the no-flush method to see if I can perfect it

Last edited:

StickyBandit

@MrFancyPlants
These are an old SP2000 Spider Farmer with a smallish footprint which needs to be ~300mm or the buds get fluffy and a supplemental Aglex which has a larger footprint but is ~800ppfd even right up close, and is great for veg cycle
20220928_181952.jpg
Don't look at the plant next to it. It was rootbound before being up-potted too late :p

Trela881

Ημέρα 51 και έχω ήδη αλλάξει σε δοχείο 30L πριν από 10 ημέρες. Καταλαβαίνω ότι η ανάπτυξη των ριζών επιβραδύνεται όταν τα φυτά βλασταίνουν. Είναι αλήθεια?
Μπορεί κάποιος να μου πει τι χρειάζεται αυτό το φυτό;
Έχω μερικούς βιολογικούς ξηρούς καρπούς τώρα, οπότε ίσως χρειάζεται τροφή. Έπινα όλο το νερό που του έδωσα με μικρόβια και λίγο τσάι από σκουλήκια χθες
Αυτά είναι τα θρεπτικά συστατικά που πήρα σήμερα. Φαίνεται ότι τα δύο μπουκάλια Biocanna έχουν το ίδιο NPK
Να του δώσω τροφοδοσία;
View attachment 18763034
Ευχαριστώ εκ των προτέρων
Κολλώδης:)
In biocanna, leaf discoloration is a common occurrence. The flower is suffering from potassium deficiency, I would suggest using extra potassium.

MrFancyPlants

@MrFancyPlants
These are an old SP2000 Spider Farmer with a smallish footprint which needs to be ~300mm or the buds get fluffy and a supplemental Aglex which has a larger footprint but is ~800ppfd even right up close, and is great for veg cycle
View attachment 18763931
Don't look at the plant next to it. It was rootbound before being up-potted too late :p
I also use the SP2000 panels, and they are definitely much too powerful to be kept at 1 ft, based on a very simple hold-your-hand-under-the-light-for-a-minute test. It gets hot! When my giant Honduras plants get too close, within a foot, their tops get bleached out while never maturing and continuing to throw more pistils, err, stigmas.

I don't get too hung up on ppfds. Plants will let you know if they're happy. I don't always succeed, but I always try to simply keep mine healthy green with as little burn or bleaching as possible, as far into flower as possible. In a hydroponic environment with supplemental CO2, you may be able to drive more light by overfeeding the plant while keeping a precise VPD to maintain high transpiration rates, but that's just not my style of growing.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi friends, sorry for not chime in earlier, some threads truly outgrow me :thank you: everyone for your contributions!
This is my other current KA5H. She's a bit more leafy, and is staying pretty green at 12 weeks, save for some fans directly under the lights that got burnt up. She has some incense, like her sister, but is dominated by the sweet-earthy background. Trichomes are overwhelmingly cloudy, but she is still throwing out new flower clusters.

View attachment 18728758

Wow @MrFancyPlants looks excellent, great flower/leaf ratio as well! :) If this is the leafier of the 2 then would love to see the other one finishing hehehhee her terpene profile sounds also appealing. Did you already give them a try ?