What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

Humple W.

Well, they got away from me again. Damn, I am absolutely astounded at the vigor and rate of growth in these plants. They doubled in size within 4 days. Wild. I don't like to transplant and trim/top at the same time, but desperate measures seemed in order, so I plopped the root-balls at the bottom of the buckets, cut off the lower branches, and buried the stalks in perlite, then topped both plants. Going to give them a day or two and then flip. I have the distinct feeling I'm fucked! Haha... Should be a fun learning experience!

After up-potting but before topping.
PXL_20210908_181018606.jpg
And here's a wide-angle shot after topping.
PXL_20210908_181451901.jpg

Subu

Thank's for replying Subu, 7 foot ceiling, 6 foot height with lights. I figured the stretch would feel in the rest. No? veg a month ?

Keep in mind my advice relates to my experience which included starting plants in solo cups and transplanting around day 20 from sprouting. If you start in their final pots I'm not sure how this will affect the growth rate.

I know what everyone has said about Malawi - I read in many places to flip them after 1-2 weeks or face ceiling issues.. Now I'm in week 9 of flower having flipped after 28 days and BOTH my Malawi would probably be 1 metre maximum if you stood it and its branches upright factoring in I topped at the 4th node & scrogged aggressively. I could accommodate a full doubling in height in my tent (luckily I ran 5 plants so have filled up 70-80% of my tent anyway)

When you flip these plants after ~4 weeks, you'll see their side branching is pretty undeveloped... So then when you flip while the plant will stretch probably 2.5-3x (in my experience), a lot of their energy in flowering goes into branch development, particularly as I topped mine at node 4. I've also found my Malawi has been quite responsive to SCROGGING i.e. by bending my two top branches almost horizontally, they have not grown too aggressively considering and lower branches have all nearly caught up to the SCROG despite being tiny initially.

Short answer - I'd try run them for 4 weeks then see how developed they are. I'd personally flip around 2ft if not a bit taller Based on my experience the stretch potential was slightly overstated, perhaps it is more aggressive with larger older plants. These younguns still need roots and branches xD

IYKFn9N.jpg

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Alright Compadres, finally sampling the first Test Snip today. It's raining and the trip I had planned for a Grow Shop supply run has been postponed until tomorrow due to construction shutting down part of my normal route. So today is Cleared.

One lower tip dried naturally, no cure: still a bit spongy but burning nicely and staying lit with no moisture issues. Immediate memory flashbacks from the flavors which are intricate and all encompassing. Meat, Flowers, Metal, Oil, Decay there's so much going on it's like a game of "Do you taste what I taste?" or "Find that Flavor!". Power is undeniable.

So, Damn this is some Supreme Smoke. The song that accompanies this strain is "The Bomber" from the James Gang off the Rides Again album.

Major thanks to Dubi, Yo Sammy, and the entire ACE crew.

Humple W.

Alright Compadres, finally sampling the first Test Snip today. It's raining and the trip I had planned for a Grow Shop supply run has been postponed until tomorrow due to construction shutting down part of my normal route. So today is Cleared.

One lower tip dried naturally, no cure: still a bit spongy but burning nicely and staying lit with no moisture issues. Immediate memory flashbacks from the flavors which are intricate and all encompassing. Meat, Flowers, Metal, Oil, Decay there's so much going on it's like a game of "Do you taste what I taste?" or "Find that Flavor!". Power is undeniable.

So, Damn this is some Supreme Smoke. The song that accompanies this strain is "The Bomber" from the James Gang off the Rides Again album.

Major thanks to Dubi, Yo Sammy, and the entire ACE crew.

Sounds intriguing! Any description of the effects, or is it too soon to get a handle on how it hits you (apart from being powerful, of course!)?

Subu

I slightly regret not ordering any of these as part of various recent orders... but the good news for me is I've lost count of how many Ace strains I now have beans of :D

Cactus Squatter

2 weeks later and the difference between Pheno 1 & 2 really shows. 33°, temps in the high 90s to low 100s.

pheno 1 is still growing like crazy and barely preflowering. All 3 clones of this plant are acting the same.
pheno 2 has finished stretch and is starting to bulk up already.

Attachments

• photo2070373.jpg
    photo2070373.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 27
  • photo2070374.jpg
    photo2070374.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 25

Humple W.

2 weeks later and the difference between Pheno 1 & 2 really shows. 33°, temps in the high 90s to low 100s.

pheno 1 is still growing like crazy and barely preflowering. All 3 clones of this plant are acting the same.
pheno 2 has finished stretch and is starting to bulk up already.

Did they look pretty similar in veg?

Humple W.

Speaking of morphological differences...

My two phenos are pretty damn similar in size, rate of growth, branching, etc., but I have noticed just a couple of differences. It doesn't really come across very well in photos (dammit, it never does!), but the one on the left has slightly (but definitely noticeably) narrower leaves, with up to 9 fingers (so far), while the one on the right has slightly broader leaves and tops out at 7 fingers (so far). I'm sure it's way too early to really figure out which phenos they are, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless!

PXL_20210910_173330983.jpg

Cactus Squatter

Did they look pretty similar in veg?

No. Leaves are different, smells are way different and nutrient requirements are way different. Pheno 1 is definitely N sensitive and will curl if pushed, Pheno 2 will take anything I give her and just grow from it.
The one thing they both have in common though is vigorous growth until stretch finishes.

libre

El temporal a hecho mellas, toca poner las mallas y montar el invernadero se han partido algunas ramas antes por algún cuervo otra por pelea de gatos y a saber que mas a su lado Etiopía x Malawi

The storm has taken its toll, it is time to put the meshes and mount the greenhouse, some branches have been broken before by a crow, another due to a cat fight and who knows that Ethiopia x Malawi next to him

Attachments

• photo2070475.jpg
    photo2070475.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 36
  • photo2070476.jpg
    photo2070476.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 31
  • photo2070477.jpg
    photo2070477.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 34
  • photo2070478.jpg
    photo2070478.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 31
  • photo2070479.jpg
    photo2070479.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 31
  • photo2070480.jpg
    photo2070480.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 33
  • photo2070481.jpg
    photo2070481.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 33

Yog

IMG_20210911_121343.jpg
Just coming towards the end of my first run with this strain. 100%germination from 12 seeds. I think they're around the 80 day mark so I'll be keeping an eye on them from here on in. 4 plants are a few weeks at least off yet and one in particular looks like it would go a long while!
All in all I'm very happy with how the results appear. I've not been able to fine tune the fertiliser regime as they've all been in one system. One in particular has my senses tingling already

Attachments

• photo2070552.jpg
    photo2070552.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 41

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
What’s the smell / taste like ? Those nugs remind me of how sour used to look especially with the little green petioles it’s cool to see

I popped two of these beans and there identical in size and growth

El Quijote

Killer A5 Haze floreciendo

Attachments

• IMG_20210915_154439.jpg
    IMG_20210915_154439.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20210915_154412.jpg
    IMG_20210915_154412.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20210915_154416.jpg
    IMG_20210915_154416.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20210915_154404.jpg
    IMG_20210915_154404.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 34

Humple W.

My KA5H hit one week in flower today. Here's a pic from one week ago:
PXL_20210908_181448930.jpg

And here's a pic from today:
PXL_20210915_171755790.jpg

I turned the light up a couple of days ago, to see if it could help tame some of that stretch and shorten the internodal distance. Damn, these are leggy girls!

Latest posts

Latest posts