What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

Humple W.

So it's been a while since I last posted on the progress of my two KA5H plants. Due to some "life stuff", I wasn't able to flower out the seed plants, so I'm restarting with a cutting from each. Based on what I've seen from other growers in this thread, I'm guessing I should probably be flipping these girls sooner than later? I was thinking of topping them, waiting a week or so, then flipping them in their current containers, with an up-pot planned for a couple of weeks in. Or should I just up-pot now, top, and flip? Just not sure how much I'll really need to worry about stretch. (They'll be moving from these 32 ounce containers to 2 gallon buckets.)

Any input, friends?
Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210902_002944428.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.0 KB ID:	17934811

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Any input, friends?

Greetings Humple!

Yeah bro, "life stuff" often throws off even the best of plans. Hope all is well, Good Karma coming at you.

Smart to have taken cuttings. The stretch and filling in growth that happens after switching to Flower is really impressive and aggressive. All of mine were less than 10" tall before stepup and flip. Now 3 of the 5 are 6'+.

Humple W.

Greetings Humple!

Yeah bro, "life stuff" often throws off even the best of plans. Hope all is well, Good Karma coming at you.

Smart to have taken cuttings. The stretch and filling in growth that happens after switching to Flower is really impressive and aggressive. All of mine were less than 10" tall before stepup and flip. Now 3 of the 5 are 6'+.

Much appreciated, my friend!!

Damn, that's some serious stretch, no doubt. I think I'll top them this weekend, let them veg a week or so, and then flip. I think I'm leaning toward up-potting first though. One of the 32oz pots has half an inch less reservoir (made a mistake when drilling the drain hole), so it's requiring more frequent waterings - I just want to get them into their final pots and set course for the finish line...

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Greetings Humple!

Amen!

DSC00925.JPG

Koondense

Veteran
Up-pot in one week, veg for one more week, flip to 12/12, lst, scrog, after 4 more weeks switch to 11/13. They will need extra support ;)

Cheers

Subu

Up-pot in one week, veg for one more week, flip to 12/12, lst, scrog, after 4 more weeks switch to 11/13. They will need extra support ;)

Cheers

Seems unnecessary to flip to 11/13 in week 4 unless you have concerns about delayed flowering

Koondense

Veteran
They will finish faster and you will avoid reflowerings in late flower. Also it's a more "natural" photoperiod.
Not necessary but overall better than 12/12 imo.

Cheers

Humple W.

I actually run all my tents at 11/13 from day one of flower anyway!

Okay, so I'll top today and plan to up-pot within the week. Excited to finally be getting these girls on the move!

They seem to be easy cloners, and so far they're easier to keep happy/healthy than I expected. Much easier to handle than the Tikal I popped at the same time!

Subu

They will finish faster and you will avoid reflowerings in late flower. Also it's a more "natural" photoperiod.
Not necessary but overall better than 12/12 imo.

Cheers

Now you've got me slightly tempted to switch to 11/13 as I'm already at the beginning of week 9 with 2x Malawi, 1x Thai Chi, 1x Panama x Bangi Haze although they are maturing nicely. May try 11/13 from week 10

Chungo

Any advise on manafolding KA5 for outdoor grow during the Veg cycle? Plan on growing a Sativa outside for a couple months (June -July next year) then bring her inside to flower under 2 LEDs 600 watts-225 at the wall in a tent that is 4x6 feet and has 6 feet of height for actual growth. The manafolding would be to get horizontal growth on the plant with little vertical growth to fill the 4X6 floor space prior to flowering. I did this with a Indica this year as a experiment and it went well for me this year with a Indica however the stretch is of concern with the Sativa's. I would have just one plant in the tent.......Thanks in advance.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
These Ace Hazes would probably stretch too much in the sun. My 8' tall tent is overloaded height-wise. Next time I will flip these when they get the pinch, around 1' tall MAX. KA5H is up to the lights, and they can't go up any higher, yet they still do. They need more floor space than 2'x2' per plant.

Kali China is even worse.

Humple W.

These Ace Hazes would probably stretch too much in the sun. My 8' tall tent is overloaded height-wise. Next time I will flip these when they get the pinch, around 1' tall MAX. KA5H is up to the lights, and they can't go up any higher, yet they still do. They need more floor space than 2'x2' per plant.

Kali China is even worse.

I seem to always end up with either an overflowing tent, or one that isn't nearly full. Really need to get my shit together on that score and dial it in so I'm making optimal use of space. Been contemplating dedicating another tent to perpetual SoG, as that's where I seem to have my best success, but of course not every strain is well-suited to that grow style. I run a small 2'x2' tent in which I SoG my Caramelo cuttings, and I just recently determined to add some Bubba Hash in there as well, as she's quite columnar if I don't top her. Not too concerned about matching maturation duration between strains, as we just chop when a plant is ready. Panama (at least the phenos I popped) seems another solid candidate for SoG, provided I get them into flower at a short enough height. And if I can harvest enough flower from the SoG tents, that means more space in the other tents for beasts like KA5H!

Subu

Any advise on manafolding KA5 for outdoor grow during the Veg cycle? Plan on growing a Sativa outside for a couple months (June -July next year) then bring her inside to flower under 2 LEDs 600 watts-225 at the wall in a tent that is 4x6 feet and has 6 feet of height for actual growth. The manafolding would be to get horizontal growth on the plant with little vertical growth to fill the 4X6 floor space prior to flowering. I did this with a Indica this year as a experiment and it went well for me this year with a Indica however the stretch is of concern with the Sativa's. I would have just one plant in the tent.......Thanks in advance.

Having grown Malawi, you could definitely allow it to go 5-6 weeks from sprouting, maybe SLIGHTLY more with that training type and 6ft of growing height.

I flipped my Malawi plants after 28 days from sprouting and having topped them at node 4, and I've found I could have let them run for about 1 week longer given I have 5 plants in a 4x4. For what you're trying with mainlining I think 5-6 weeks is definitely viable, if not MAYBE 7. Key will be using SCROG aggressively to reduce height.

Subu

^ FYI my Malawi plants are only about 3ft high due to the SCROG and veg time, so it's definitely possible to go a lot further than some suggest.. You just need to decide based on how quick the plant is growing but I'd imagine you want to flip them around 2-2.5ft height (with good branching) given how much they stretch.

dreaded

Hello everyone, here's my single KA5.
And so it begins. My 2nd sativa grow in my 58 yrs. Plan to put in flower at 12". I've read through this thread but anything helpful would be appreciated.

20210906_090920.jpg

:tiphat:

Subu

Hello everyone, here's my single KA5.
And so it begins. My 2nd sativa grow in my 58 yrs. Plan to put in flower at 12". I've read through this thread but anything helpful would be appreciated.

:tiphat:

What is your max accommodatable height? Flipping at 1ft may be a disappointment if you have ~6ft ceiling space

Chungo

Having grown Malawi, you could definitely allow it to go 5-6 weeks from sprouting, maybe SLIGHTLY more with that training type and 6ft of growing height.

I flipped my Malawi plants after 28 days from sprouting and having topped them at node 4, and I've found I could have let them run for about 1 week longer given I have 5 plants in a 4x4. For what you're trying with mainlining I think 5-6 weeks is definitely viable, if not MAYBE 7. Key will be using SCROG aggressively to reduce height.

Thanks for the input. I have used a 5 gallon pot to house the Indica this year and think it maybe a positive restriction to the growth as opposed to using a bigger container. So I will use the 5 gallon container again as apposed to a larger container which will encourage more veg growth.

Chungo

has
Thanks. Part of the plan is to run 2 grows at the same time with two different type of plants one being a Sativa and the second being a quick flowering Indica. Start them all about the same time and leave them outside for a month then put the Indica in to flower for 7-8 weeks inside under lights while the Sativa is left outside and the growth is trained back in a aggressive horizontal Manifold manor. The Sativa would then replace the Indica in early Fall after the Indica has flowered out. I have done this experiment this year with measured results but with 2 Indica's. The second Indica I have in bloom now to finish in another couple weeks. This is probably the best indoor finishing plant of my grows so far and I credit the outdoor sunlight for most of this plants vigor, stem strength and especially the secondary bud strength as it has not so far needed support for the colas and they are filling out well up and down the plant..........

dreaded

What is your max accommodatable height? Flipping at 1ft may be a disappointment if you have ~6ft ceiling space

Thank's for replying Subu, 7 foot ceiling, 6 foot height with lights. I figured the stretch would feel in the rest. No? veg a month ?

Latest posts

Latest posts