What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze goes micro

You can experiment with getting it closer assuming it doesn't wildly reduce your footprint of illumination. If you see no light stress well inside 12" from the canopy, my inference would be the plant has capacity for more light.

Another option is to consider some cheap LED side lighting in the 3k-4k range to boost up the corners a bit.

I'm in a 2x2 also and think about this question every single time I get a low yielding plant...

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
At 100 watts, that's 25 watts per square foot. With efficient LEDs like the Samsung diodes used in the SF1000, that should provide enough light for a decent harvest.

OZZ_

Veteran
You can experiment with getting it closer assuming it doesn't wildly reduce your footprint of illumination. If you see no light stress well inside 12" from the canopy, my inference would be the plant has capacity for more light.

Another option is to consider some cheap LED side lighting in the 3k-4k range to boost up the corners a bit.

I'm in a 2x2 also and think about this question every single time I get a low yielding plant...

Hi low, thanks for the feedback. What are you running for light(s)??

I’ve considered some side lighting, wouldn’t mind running a bit of UV in there either, except I believe your only supposed to run it for a few hours a day if I remember correctly, not the entire light cycle. Maybe I’ll have to do some digging around and see what I can come up with. Hanging some side lighting seems like it might be the best option.

Those HLG Diablo boards came out and sold out right away, one of those with the 150w driver will be perfect for a 2x2 I’m thinking.

Also I’m betting before long HLG or someone else will be out with some boards that add UV too... I’m sure.

OZZ_

Veteran
At 100 watts, that's 25 watts per square foot. With efficient LEDs like the Samsung diodes used in the SF1000, that should provide enough light for a decent harvest.

Thanks Reiko.... that’s reassuring, I know they say 30w/sq ft of LED minimum but the diodes are becoming more efficient also so I was curious. So far she’s doing fine but isn’t quite to stacking mode just yet. Soon enough though.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I wouldn't be concerned about the light, shall be plenty for a 2x2.

That being said, sativas thrive with some extra intensity, if you want to experiment you can easily add some side lightning using 11-13W SILs and see how she reacts.

I have two Autocobs in there, they're pendant lights not boards so I can adjust and aim them if my canopy isn't perfectly level. About 135W replacement equivalent each.

OZZ_

Veteran
I wouldn't be concerned about the light, shall be plenty for a 2x2.

That being said, sativas thrive with some extra intensity, if you want to experiment you can easily add some side lightning using 11-13W SILs and see how she reacts.

Thanks buddy- I’ll look into grabbing a Sil or two as side lighting for now :D

OZZ_

Veteran
I have two Autocobs in there, they're pendant lights not boards so I can adjust and aim them if my canopy isn't perfectly level. About 135W replacement equivalent each.

Right on. Thanks for the info.... I think I’ll look into the SILs as suggested above for now, either that or just finish out the grow and see how she does as is :chin:

Right on. Thanks for the info.... I think I’ll look into the SILs as suggested above for now, either that or just finish out the grow and see how she does as is :chin:

Yeah, like said you're definitely in a good range for your size. I think it's just the name of the game in a small space to always fantasize about getting more light.:chin:

OZZ_

Veteran
Girl looks fantastic OZZ,and,she will reward you, for all the care and attention you're giving her
:)

Thanks Red! I appreciate that and I’m hoping for a nice harvest of some mind bending cannabis.

As far as the lighting is concerned, Spider Farmer Just released a new ppfd chart as they have modified the SF1000 light.

The new chart shows much higher ppfd readings and as far as I can tell they haven’t done anything different to the driver or the board, other than simply adding an external dimmer. Unless they bumped up the driver output at “max”. I’ve emailed them and am waiting on an answer.

However, this new ppfd chart is listed as being in a 2x2 grow tent, whereas the old ppfd chart states it’s in a 28”x28” area with “reflective walls”.

If they didn’t adjust the driver output any and the increased readings are solely from being measured inside a 2x2 tent I should be golden with this light alone, I’m thinking.

OLD PPFD CHART

picture.php

NEW PPFD CHART

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi OZZ_,

Looking much more sativa at this point, but better wait until late flowering to fully confirm. Best wishes for upcoming weeks of flowering ;) She is doing great!

^^^^^ now that this girl is flowering, does anyone have a better guess on the pheno? Dubi- you mentioned you thought maybe the NL pheno while others mentioned possibly the NL/Haze pheno but that was back early in veg. I’m wondering if anyone can tell more precisely now that she is flowering? Or maybe she needs to develop even more to be sure?

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi OZZ_,

Looking much more sativa at this point, but better wait until late flowering to fully confirm. Best wishes for upcoming weeks of flowering ;) She is doing great!

Perfect. Thanks Dubi :tiphat:

OZZ_

Veteran
Alright so today marks week 7 of 11/13 and I really wasn’t comfortable with the amount of light I had going on in the tent, so I made some upgrades.

I went and bought a wattage meter, one of those plug in jobbies that tells you how many watts a device is pulling from the wall. So I tested my SF1000 and it was pulling 105 watts. I bumped that up ever so slightly to 115 watts. Not much to avoid burning out the diodes but just a hair for good measure. Then I disassembled another light I had and took out the solstrip X2s (3500k). Then I rigged them up to the side bars of the tent as you can see below for some close proximity side lighting. I have a 120w driver (HLG-120h 54a) running them, so I turned that way down to 35 watts total, so only about 11 watts per strip.

Without a proper heatsink I don’t want to push them to high but 11 watts each isn’t going to hurt anything and they are stuck to the bars which will provide a small amount of heat dispersion, plus the airflow in the tent from the fans.

That brings up my total wattage to 150watts in the tent, a 50% increase. I feel better now, and it is quite a bit more light in there for certain.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

...... since I had her out I figured I would snap a few pics in natural light
picture.php

picture.php

saitama

I'm glued to my seat in anticipation.

Btw..are those candles, speakers or what are them circle jobbies under your TV?

TyroneShoelace

Hi OZZ_. The Killer A5 Haze is looking great! Nice job overcoming the obstacles and getting to this point. That plant looks great. Are you still getting a lemon fizz from it?