What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze goes micro

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi OZZ_. The Killer A5 Haze is looking great! Nice job overcoming the obstacles and getting to this point. That plant looks great. Are you still getting a lemon fizz from it?

I appreciate that bud, yup strong lemon fizz on the stem rub, although she’s not too stinky as of now. Really doesn’t smell like anything otherwise, sometimes there is some smell coming out of the tent when I open it but nothing too crazy. Stem rub is all
Lemon fizzy soda pop effervescent type smells.

Im wondering if maybe she’s not bulking up like she should be for this far into flowering, or maybe she’s just a haze leaner or Im just being impatient (most likely). Regardless I went ahead and added the extra side lighting to bump up the light intensity for her and see if maybe that was holding her back. Also today I top dressed her with a nice organic 2-4-6 granular and watered it in with a 2-3-1 fish/seaweed feeding. I’ll probably start giving her the fish every other watering and see how she responds to it

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Super neat addition! :biggrin:

I'd say this is the perfect time to feed her to encourage bulking, start slowly and watch her...

OZZ_

Veteran
Super neat addition! :biggrin:

I'd say this is the perfect time to feed her to encourage bulking, start slowly and watch her...

Thanks for the feedback as always- that’s what I figured, it was either lack of light (corrected now), lack of nutes (also corrected) or just lack of time.... *processing* :biglaugh:

Should have most all my bases covered.

THC123

Veteran
Looking great, so what are the smells now?? Lemon fizz but nothing hazy sandalwoody? Mine don't has any lemon at all. More aniseed with sandalwood/honey and then haze in background

Bout the sf, is it possible to use an external dimmer from another brand for the old model? So bummed they just brought out this model, I just bought mine without external dimmer.

Bout the light issue: I fixed my issue by installing 2 extra 50 watt 12 band lights with uv and ir(blurple).

All issues I had are just melting away and ppfd is higher, they are finally behaving normal again here :D!! There is more red and blue now and also uv. When the sf4000 is turned on you don't even see the blurple light. I am convinced this is actually much closer to real sunlight then just white light. And the plants are loving it.

OZZ_

Veteran
Looking great, so what are the smells now?? Lemon fizz but nothing hazy sandalwoody? Mine don't has any lemon at all. More aniseed with sandalwood/honey and then haze in background

Bout the sf, is it possible to use an external dimmer from another brand for the old model? So bummed they just brought out this model, I just bought mine without external dimmer.

Bout the light issue: I fixed my issue by installing 2 extra 50 watt 12 band lights with uv and ir(blurple).

All issues I had are just melting away and ppfd is higher, they are finally behaving normal again here :D!! There is more red and blue now and also uv. When the sf4000 is turned on you don't even see the blurple light. I am convinced this is actually much closer to real sunlight then just white light. And the plants are loving it.

Hey THC!

Glad to hear you’ve got your lighting issues resolved.

Have a link to those lights? I wouldn’t mind taking a peek at them, I’m always interested in seeing what others are using. I like the solstrip X2 side lighting solution I cane up with above but it’s 3500k and I wouldn’t mind having something that increases the far red, as I’ll only turn on the side lighting at mid flower to finish the plants off, might as well make it the right spectrum. 3000k would be better or even 2700k or so but I don’t see those available often.

I’ll try to check on scents again later today when lights come on, but so far she has not been very smelly at all, barely any smell when I open the tent other than a very mild scent. However stem rubs are a different story. Still getting fizzy lemon soda pop effervescent. Someone in the Killer A5 Haze thread above guessed that I may have an A5 phenotype and that within that pheno it may be leaning northern lights.

That makes a lot of sense, after all northern lights is known to be a very low odor strain.

No sábele wood or incense that I have picked up yet, but I’ll stick my face in there and motorboat her colas today and see if I can pick anything like that up :laughing:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are doing a great job with her OZZ :)
She is enjoying a lot your feeding regime and flowering nicely considering the not so strong wattage of your lamp :yes:

OZZ_

Veteran
You are doing a great job with her OZZ :)
She is enjoying a lot your feeding regime and flowering nicely considering the not so strong wattage of your lamp :yes:

Well thank you kind sir, looking forward to the finish. :smoke out:

OZZ_

Veteran
Day 60— hitting her hard with fish/seaweed to try to get her to fill out, looks like it’s working. Also I bumped up the total wattage a little to 160w total, right at 40w sqft. I just got some biobizz in so I’ll probably hit her with that on the next watering.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice progress OZZ! Yeah, i would increase the feeding at this point (also nitrogen),
she is at the peak of flower production (and still will be for a few weeks) and will yield very well with proper feeding.
Glad to know about the wattage upgrade :)

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks to both of you. I’ll give her a full strength biobizz feeding on the next watering then at 4 ml/liter. First time using biobizz, but that’s what the instructions suggest ;)

OZZ_

Veteran
Also I should update, her scent has picked up a little and changed as well. Previously she was not throwing out much scent at all but stem rubs where giving off a lemony soda pop effervescence type smell. That has changed to a very distinct pure pine smell... with maybe a hint of eucalyptus. Only on the stem rub though or brushing your hands in direct contact with the flowers. I was assuming the low scent has to be coming from the NL genealogy and now with the profile changing to predominantly pine that supports that opinion. :smoke out::plant grow:

OZZ_

Veteran
Day 66 - started getting a bit of burn from pushing the ferts last week, so I gave her a straight RO watering and then gave her a light biobizz feeding at 2 ml/liter.

Major fans are yellowing dying off a bit faster again. To the point where she’s thinning herself out. Also she’s getting floppy from the weight of the buds, they are surprisingly heavy.

Smell wise she has evolved to a distinct pine forward scent with a hint of citrus/orange on the backend. Still not loud though, very mellow in the scent department.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fronk

Day 66 - started getting a bit of burn from pushing the ferts last week, so I gave her a straight RO watering and then gave her a light biobizz feeding at 2 ml/liter.

Major fans are yellowing dying off a bit faster again. To the point where she’s thinning herself out. Also she’s getting floppy from the weight of the buds, they are surprisingly heavy.

Smell wise she has evolved to a distinct pine forward scent with a hint of citrus/orange on the backend. Still not loud though, very mellow in the scent department.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Beauty :peacock:

OZZ_

Veteran

Why thank you kindly. :tiphat:

Apparently she loved the biobizz, last night I noticed she started throwing out a new wave of pistils after the first feeding of it.

I’ll probably keep feeding her for another week, maybe two.... and then look to start her on plain RO in an attempt to finish her up, maybe even drop her light to 10/14. This Saturday puts us at ten weeks. Seems all the other grows I’m seeing of her are going to 14-15?

OZZ_

Veteran
Day 70.... 10 weeks on the dot, she’s pushing new white pistils and is it just me or is she starting to look a little dark and ominous?? Haha

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
dark and ominous, i see that.

if petrified, it would make a pretty demented looking battle mace.

still mellow pine subtle citrus?

i always find it interesting that myrcene is always said to be the indica terp and yet some of the best sativas test really high in the myrcene dept.

like a5 and oth. and golden tiger. and some thai iirc.