What's new

Kicking Caffeine

Hempy McNoodle

Tapering off by mixing in decaf is a way to avoid headaches. Increase the decaf ratio, little by little over the course of a week or even two until you are on fully decaf'd coffee. And then just quite the decaf.

Three Berries

I never have been able to drink coffee after Noon without it affecting my sleep around midnight. I watch all those TV show where they are drinking coffee right before bed and can't make it work?

Cuddles

the headaches ive read about are what scares me. Apparently theyre caused by extra blood flow to your brain. crazy world. Im not quitting for health reseans though. Drinking it these days just makes me feel lousy, like youd get after chugging an MD 20/20
you´re right about this,headaches do happen when under going detox. In fact they´re usually the first symptoms. The best thing you can do is to drink and eat lots of healthy stuff instead, lots of water in order to flush everything out.
I had this problem when I started drinking alkaline ionized water and the recommendation is: drink MORE, not less, of it :) You see, I made the mistake of setting the ionizer too strong at first. But drinking more at a weaker setting helped.

Cuddles

Tapering off by mixing in decaf is a way to avoid headaches. Increase the decaf ratio, little by little over the course of a week or even two until you are on fully decaf'd coffee. And then just quite the decaf.
I agree, drinking fewer cups and maybe even less strong coffee should help . Not everybody is suited for quitting cold turkey :)

RobFromTX

I never have been able to drink coffee after Noon without it affecting my sleep around midnight. I watch all those TV show where they are drinking coffee right before bed and can't make it work?
My german grandmother drank a cappucino at 10pm each night before bed and never missed a wink. Ofcourse looking back it was that freeze dried international house stuff. I question whether there was any real coffee in that at all. I have read that people who are caffeine sensitive dont clear it near as fast and it can take a full day to wear off. Its never affected my sleep but i indulge in the heavenly herbs before bedtime

Three Berries

My german grandmother drank a cappucino at 10pm each night before bed and never missed a wink. Ofcourse looking back it was that freeze dried international house stuff. I question whether there was any real coffee in that at all. I have read that people who are caffeine sensitive dont clear it near as fast and it can take a full day to wear off. Its never affected my sleep but i indulge in the heavenly herbs before bedtime
I was the same with amphetamines and other stimulants FWIW. I switch to decaf for my late morning indulgence.

RobFromTX

you´re right about this,headaches do happen when under going detox. In fact they´re usually the first symptoms. The best thing you can do is to drink and eat lots of healthy stuff instead, lots of water in order to flush everything out.
I had this problem when I started drinking alkaline ionized water and the recommendation is: drink MORE, not less, of it :) You see, I made the mistake of setting the ionizer too strong at first. But drinking more at a weaker setting helped.
Oh waters great stuff. I go through about a gallon a day myself

Cuddles

dunno mate, my dad can sleep too after (real) coffee :) mind you, he can sleep anywhere and anytime , lol :biggrin:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
knew a woman once who did amp any time of day or night, and could sleep minutes later.

Of course she would also drop unconscious in the middle of a sentence... then resume 10 minutes later where she left off. ;)

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ginger tea from fresh ginger root is one of the best things ever!
I boiled up a big piece of ginger root - just for 10 minutes - then added half a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper - half a teaspoon of Tumeric - and the juice of one lemon - and stirred those ingredients in after taking the pan off the heat - added a little stevia - makes a real healthy drink - and anything left goes into my next smoothie -

RobFromTX

I boiled up a big piece of ginger root - just for 10 minutes - then added half a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper - half a teaspoon of Tumeric - and the juice of one lemon - and stirred those ingredients in after taking the pan off the heat - added a little stevia - makes a real healthy drink - and anything left goes into my next smoothie -
that sounds like a walloping mix. ginger roots delicious

xet

Here is my current nutrient stack.
ca9e695e-3ffc-4d56-b4a6-c7b3f30201bc_1.eac416fa757e940d74ffcdeda3c58c19.jpeg
ORAC-Energy-Greens-12-8-oz--364-g--in-dubai.jpg
61FbmrvACjL.jpg
81+IxTDczSL._AC_SX679_.jpg
71fxgBKdSFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71Dcze-5CyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71WsTpHWaQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
61FXioq7VCL._AC_SL1366_.jpg

Also a generic turmeric somewhere, bragg's apple cider vinegar, ProOne (formerly ProPur) water filtration.

And my Ethiopian Limu is bubbling out of my Moka pot now ..love this thing and it was only $20 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001J1L59E/

I have also used my nutrients in compost tea mixes and they work :p

Latest posts

Latest posts