What's new

Kicking Caffeine

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
@VerdantGreen Thank you for posting the full study, it confirms what I've been saying. They have zero clue what they're doing and won't get any factual results with the way they've set up the study. I really don't care to 'teach,' at the moment, but if you insist I'll break down the why of their ignorance for you in regards to this example.

(Edit: Too easy...)
study said:
Although the intervention diet was similar to that recommended by D’Adamo6
for individuals with blood type A and specifically recommended against for those with type O, there were no associations between these blood types and the outcomes of the dietary intervention.
Testing diet coke for sugar content is not the same as testing pepsi for sugar content. ;)

study said:
The intervention group was asked to avoid animal products while focusing on consuming fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes, and to limit added oils, nuts, and seeds. Daily dietary fat intake was limited to 20 to 30 g. No meals were provided.
I can only shop about 1% or less of the food in a standard USA grocery store, and MOST of it has to be prepped and cooked by someone first. You know this did not happen, not in any way shape or form. The study even admits they did not provide food so you know they had zero control.

Very, VERY, poorly set up study. Shame on you 'scientists.'

Last edited:

Cuddles

well im from UK and we drink black tea traditionally, and i think good quality black tea is very healthy, we drink it with milk - which nutralises the tannins. Ive never been able to buy decent tea outside the UK , i take my own with me even when i go to France. Lipton red label is NOT good, and that's all you could get in most places.
totally different vibe to coffee, and unlike green tea tastes great ! (imo)
scientists had discovered that adding milk to black tea is not as good and healthy as having it without. Bad news for those who like their tea brown rather than black.
The ladies at the cafe by our college (and elsewhere too) were always stunned when I asked for no milk, lol. I mean in ENGLAND ?? It just isn´t DONE !! :LOL:

I usually use to have PG tips because that´s the main brand the news agents and other shops near me had.

Cuddles

Well grind my panny cakes... my apologies. I turns out black tea is neutral for a very narrow range of people. IF you are a non-secretor (much less dna in your saliva and such than 'secretors') and the A blood type, and both your parents are the same as you. I have an O parent which explains my issues with it. Also neutral for B blood type secretors.
Avoid for all others...

Apparently I've never met anyone who's cleaned up their food and also had both parents the same type as they are. Again, my apologies for not double checking before posting. I'll fix my other posts. :)
I´m B type but I have had to quit milk, cream and stuff as it causes me to phlegm up really badly :( I had a cold a few years back, which turned into a bronchitis and I struggle even more :(

RobFromTX

I´m B type but I have had to quit milk, cream and stuff as it causes me to phlegm up really badly :( I had a cold a few years back, which turned into a bronchitis and I struggle even more :(
Wow i had no idea milk could have such an effect on someone. Would that mean youre allergic to it?

Cuddles

Wow i had no idea milk could have such an effect on someone. Would that mean youre allergic to it?
No, I´m not allergic. But milk is well known for causing these issues. This is why you should never consume these type of dairy products when you have a cold and even less so when you have the flu.
I have noticed this phlegm problem years ago and switched to lactose free milk for a very long time. But eventually I stopped buying this too.
I now use oat and soy, or almond maybe.

edit: This problem is one of the reasons I quit coffee for 1-2 years, as I have it with milk ;)

Didn´t start coffee again until last year.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

There are many foods which cause excess mucus/phlegm, and they also cause fatigue as your body spends resources to fight them. There was one point during the first bout with covid where I was super glad I don't have excess mucus. Lemon water and hot showers were enough to break it up and let me hack it up. Had I been drinking milk (avoid for the A and O types) I'm sure the mucus would have been very dangerous. Most people have zero awareness of how much extra mucus they put up with... I mean, I drank 3 gallons a week myself for many years. (Ouch did I feel better when I quit that. lol)

Who gets sleepy after lunch or dinner a lot? Most avoid foods increase the need for caffeine to stay awake.
What foods do you take a few bites of, then get a runny nose a few minutes later? I can almost guarantee you the food is not made with 100% olive oil and has some other oil, usually hydrogenated.

(Edit: I've met more AB folks eating chicken and chemicals walking around with ghost seizures than any other blood type. Chicken is a super fattening and problematic food for B and AB blood types. Second on the list for most ghost seizures is O type who have been strict vegan for (the ones I've met) over 8 years.)

Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Like Cuddles, I had issues with dairy so gave up milk about 45 years ago. I like freshly ground coffee which I make at home on either a stovetop or press. Add a spoon of honey.

I did cut down on my coffee for a couple of days and managed on just 2 cups, with about 6 cups of green tea as well. I did feel more relaxed, but yesterday got withdrawals and had 6 coffees. Felt even better.

Cuddles

There are many foods which cause excess mucus/phlegm, and they also cause fatigue as your body spends resources to fight them. There was one point during the first bout with covid where I was super glad I don't have excess mucus. Lemon water and hot showers were enough to break it up and let me hack it up. Had I been drinking milk (avoid for the A and O types) I'm sure the mucus would have been very dangerous. Most people have zero awareness of how much extra mucus they put up with... I mean, I drank 3 gallons a week myself for many years. (Ouch did I feel better when I quit that. lol)

Who gets sleepy after lunch or dinner a lot? Most avoid foods increase the need for caffeine to stay awake.
What foods do you take a few bites of, then get a runny nose a few minutes later? I can almost guarantee you the food is not made with 100% olive oil and has some other oil, usually hydrogenated.

(Edit: I've met more AB folks eating chicken and chemicals walking around with ghost seizures than any other blood type. Chicken is a super fattening and problematic food for B and AB blood types. Second on the list for most ghost seizures is O type who have been strict vegan for (the ones I've met) over 8 years.)
yeah,most olive oils in the shops have been tampered with...allegedly. I read about this once. Pretty shocking. But I need the stuff , if only for my salad dressings.

A strictly vegan diet is really not a healthy choice imo. Because you´re depriving yourself of vital, natural nutrients. I realized this when I started eating meat again after being a vegetarian for many years.

I just started making myself lemonade again, with ACV and agave. It´s a great drink to have , even for breakfast :)

rolandomota

Veteran
Bro just drink some ice black tea with lime all day like I do its better than coffe you don't have to be pissing like crazy all dehydrated you do stoll have to drink water every once in a while but it definitely does the trick too I put 20 small tea bags in a gallon pitcher of water boiling the water is kind of annoying I leave the bags soaking for hours
It's good hot always with sugar actually sugar blend with Splenda just to cut down on the real bad sugar cane stuff a bit
I like it you can even drink decaf if you want but not me I just like the way it tastes
I just recently started again drinking ice tea I had not done it In years its good stuff

It's 2 dollars for 100 tea bags that's 5 gallons of iced black tea so it's cheaper than coffe

Cuddles

Bro just drink some ice black tea with lime all day like I do its better than coffe you don't have to be pissing like crazy all dehydrated you do stoll have to drink water every once in a while but it definitely does the trick too I put 20 small tea bags in a gallon pitcher of water boiling the water is kind of annoying I leave the bags soaking for hours
It's good hot always with sugar actually sugar blend with Splenda just to cut down on the real bad sugar cane stuff a bit
I like it you can even drink decaf if you want but not me I just like the way it tastes
I just recently started again drinking ice tea I had not done it In years its good stuff

It's 2 dollars for 100 tea bags that's 5 gallons of iced black tea so it's cheaper than coffe
2 dollars for 100 tea bags! wow, that is cheap! I have to pay waaay more .

Douglas.Curtis

@roladomota That tea, after hours of steeping, would keep me up till 4am... if I drank it at 4pm.

Do you ever have trouble sleeping?

xet

Wow, guys and gals, wow.

For whatever reason I did not drink coffee for the past 3 days.

Luckily my personality lends me that kind of "float away from my vice without even remembering I did that" sort of behavior.

Luckily, unless it is caffeine.

Yesterday evening a pain began to develop under both of my thighs and on the front and rear torso above my hip and by the morning evolving to above my hip on the torso on the left side as well.

I tossed and turned in bed for 5 hours in agony. I got up an hour ago.

Pure madness.

"Was it that damn delicious barbeque sausage I could not stop myself from eating for breakfast and lunch and dinner?"

I googled appendicitis.

I downed 6x what my healthy powders and fungi powders recommend and that quelled things by half for an hour or two - sort of - but definitely a vengeance returned.

I am a very healthy specimen.

The idea of a medical emergency kept blanketing across my mind along with the thought of those stupid morons at the hospital who would want to stab my brain with a Q-Tip claiming it was to check for the common cold instead if I were to actually visit them. "Never. I am dying at home. F*** those people." - I reconciled with myself.

Pain and injury befalls me rarely (knock on wood).

Low on sleep and the pain intensifying I thought back to my post on ICMag 'Kicking Caffeine' and to that time I went astray from coffee sum 5 years ago and I thought, "You know, this is reminiscent of caffeine withdrawal."

I fixed a cup of coffee and halfway thru, damn, is this a tranquilizer dart because that was my caffeine-addict body demanding a hit of that Coffea arabica.

Happy to report coffee fixed me and kicking coffee kicked me.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Wow, guys and gals, wow.

For whatever reason I did not drink coffee for the past 3 days.

Luckily my personality lends me that kind of "float away from my vice without even remembering I did that" sort of behavior.

Luckily, unless it is caffeine.

Yesterday evening a pain began to develop under both of my thighs and on the front and rear torso above my hip and by the morning evolving to above my hip on the torso on the left side as well.

I tossed and turned in bed for 5 hours in agony. I got up an hour ago.

Pure madness.

"Was it that damn delicious barbeque sausage I could not stop myself from eating for breakfast and lunch and dinner?"

I googled appendicitis.

I downed 6x what my healthy powders and fungi powders recommend and that quelled things by half for an hour or two - sort of - but definitely a vengeance returned.

I am a very healthy specimen.

The idea of a medical emergency kept blanketing across my mind along with the thought of those stupid morons at the hospital who would want to stab my brain with a Q-Tip claiming it was to check for the common cold instead if I were to actually visit them. "Never. I am dying at home. F*** those people." - I reconciled with myself.

Pain and injury befalls me rarely (knock on wood).

Low on sleep and the pain intensifying I thought back to my post on ICMag 'Kicking Caffeine' and to that time I went astray from coffee sum 5 years ago and I thought, "You know, this is reminiscent of caffeine withdrawal."

I fixed a cup of coffee and halfway thru, damn, is this a tranquilizer dart because that was my caffeine-addict body demanding a hit of that Coffea arabica.

Happy to report coffee fixed me and kicking coffee kicked me.
One more week until i give it up, or atleast try. Its never effected my sleep but i hope i don't get those body aches you're describing:oops:

Cuddles

One more week until i give it up, or atleast try. Its never effected my sleep but i hope i don't get those body aches you're describing:oops:
don´t worry, mate. I´m pretty sure those symptoms are not related to coffee withdrawal :)
YOu might want to consider drinking black tea instead for a while as a substitute and keep an eye on your blood pressure, because coffee raises bp.

xet

don´t worry, mate. I´m pretty sure those symptoms are not related to coffee withdrawal :)
Those were my coffee symptom withdrawals. They are completely gone now after 2 cups of coffee. I was miserable.

I eat clean food, drink water, and coffee, and that is it, the only substances in my body are clean food, water, and coffee, have not even had any form of bud in 7 months.

So yes, mate, those were my coffee withdrawal symptoms.

It is precisely because of how clean my body is is why my body responds so harshly and why grade A food supplements and water was staving it off (accelerating the caffeine detox)

I doubt anyone who is not a serious athlete with a quickly responsive system has this same experience to worry about.

RobFromTX

YOu might want to consider drinking black tea instead for a while as a substitute and keep an eye on your blood pressure, because coffee raises bp.
the headaches ive read about are what scares me. Apparently theyre caused by extra blood flow to your brain. crazy world. Im not quitting for health reasons though. Drinking it these days just makes me feel lousy, like youd get after chugging an MD 20/20

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts