What's new

Kicking Caffeine

Three Berries

I ran out of regular coffee three days ago. Drinking decaff now. Didn't notice much but I don't drink a lot, just in the morning when I get up.

I get my regular coffee from a Amazon subscription. 5 lbs every two months. I ran out a little early this time. :(

Reactions: xet

comfy markoth

Some asshat suggested I was having drug withdrawals so I put him on ignore with the other psychic dudebros. I have always been a clean person with a healthy diet and I have not even smoked the herb since New Years.

What am i misunderstanding? They were suggesting you were having drug withdrawls from something other than coffee?
Otherwise, coffee IS a drug, so quitting that would give you the withdrawls when you stop, wouldn't it?

xet

What am i misunderstanding? They were suggesting you were having drug withdrawls from something other than coffee? Yes
Otherwise, coffee IS a drug, so quitting that would give you the withdrawls when you stop, wouldn't it? lol true and exactly my point, coffee withdrawals are real and different for other people

xet

I ran out of regular coffee three days ago. Drinking decaff now. Didn't notice much but I don't drink a lot, just in the morning when I get up.

I get my regular coffee from a Amazon subscription. 5 lbs every two months. I ran out a little early this time. :(
I do 1 to 2 cups a day, preferably 2, and Ethiopian coffee is considered to have 2x the caffeine so perhaps that is like 2-4 cups, and I read about the quality or state of our bone marrow playing a huge role in caffeine effects on the body including withdrawal symptoms.

Three Berries

I do 1 to 2 cups a day, preferably 2, and Ethiopian coffee is considered to have 2x the caffeine so perhaps that is like 2-4 cups, and I read about the quality or state of our bone marrow playing a huge role in caffeine effects on the body including withdrawal symptoms.
I get Dark Italian roasted coffee. Grind it into a powder then let it steep. If I drink any caffeine after noon then it will keep me up at night. I got big bones.

About out of the decaff too. Don't know if I could give up the coffee and cream.

RobFromTX

That ethiopians some tasty shit! some of the best coffee out there. Its been 62 days without for me. I'll always miss having my morning cup. Its been 12 years since i quit cigarettes and i still miss those too. but i do have somewhat more energy and my sleeps improved a little bit. Even catching a buzz has changed. Indicas knock me out now. I definitely went through some withdrawals at first and they hit hard. Headaches and a some standoffishness. My manager said he was keeping a shotgun in the car untill i made it to one month😁

St. Phatty

I'd like to find something you can drink in the afternoon, that is a stimulant like coffee, but doesn't interfere with sleep.

So it has to wear off at 6 PM.

So far, Ganja is the best afternoon stimulant I've found.

For me Caffeine is like LSD, so tea is out unless it's chamomile tea.

RobFromTX

I'd like to find something you can drink in the afternoon, that is a stimulant like coffee, but doesn't interfere with sleep.

So it has to wear off at 6 PM.

So far, Ganja is the best afternoon stimulant I've found.

For me Caffeine is like LSD, so tea is out unless it's chamomile tea.
Green tea. Supposedly it releases the caffeine a lot slower. I know folks that drink that late in the evening but then again i could say the same for coffee

xet

+2 Green tea, you can drink gallons of it right up to bedtime and the caffeine high it provides is very kind and productive.

Also, clean water. Often people live their whole lives not realizing they are dehydrated around the clock. Keep properly hydrated throughout the day and be amazed at your sustained energy levels. Then there is real salt. A small teaspoon of pink salt chased with some water is a huge energy booster.

I buy unroasted beans and make all different roasts including blonde, light (light is the best morning coffee), medium (meant for the afternoon), dark (meant for the evening) and everything inbetween trying new techniques and roasting amounts, sometimes a blend by intentionally applying some facing to the coffee.

Ethiopian is the best coffee on the planet bar none. Which is extraordinary because there are more landrace varieties in Ethiopia than all of the world combined and they all are of supreme quality.

I drank Colombian and Jamaican and Guatemalan for more than a decade but no coffee on the planet is in the same ballpark as Ethiopian; it is truly a unique experience. If Ethiopian were taken out of the equation I would place Colombian at the top.

The nature of caffeine's effects on the body is thus: any mineral deficiencies will be exacerbated by the effects of caffeine. By that caffeine can be a tool to gauging the health of the body certainly if one is working toward optimal health where coffee is again a welcome addition of the day.

xet

Bummer, Amazon cancelled the PNG coffee order.

Trying again with Tanzanian peaberry.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Turns out Tanzanian coffee is Ethiopian coffee so I perhaps lucked out. Grown on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro https://europeancoffeetrip.com/mondul-coffee/

I saved 50 green beans from my last batch of Ethiopian and planted them yesterday. I read it can take 12 weeks to sprout.
My wife and I receive 10 lbs. of beans per month from here for the past few years. They discount on subscriptions.

xet

My wife and I receive 10 lbs. of beans per month from here for the past few years. They discount on subscriptions.
Looks great but too rich for my blood, my supplier is doing $30 shipped for 5 lbs of Ethiopian Sidamo/Yirgacheffe/Limu

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I have been trying to drink more green tea to counteract the jittery effects of caffeine. Green tea has small quantities of L-Theanine, but the effect is minute. I finally bit the bullet and bought some L-Theanine supplement (derived from green tea), and take 200mg twice per day. I don't think I have ever taken a supplement that has effected me more than this. I feel focussed and calm. It's actually got me wondering if caffeine effects me a lot more than I'd realised.

I may look at giving up coffee for a bit to see what happens. I love coffee. It is my ritalin for ADHD, but I also get anxiety and have insomnia. Scary thought going a day without coffee but I am off to shop for alternatives today.

Latest posts

Latest posts