What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Khalifa Genetics strains

RobFromTX

Aromas were all pretty similar with hashy and fruity notes for #1, #2, and #4. #1 was fruitiest, #4 hashiest, #2 not that aromatic. #3 was hashy fruity and also had some rubber tire and skunk so she was my favorite.

Excuse some of the photos :D

I'll write a bit about the high after smoking/vaping them and end it here. All 4 are definitely high-THC chemotypes which is what surprised me most about this grow. I'm not that experienced with CBD or mixed chemotypes but these are as potent as any Dutch afghani I have grown so I'm guessing low CBD. All are pretty heavy and spacey, and the description from Khalifa is mostly spot on. I do not feel much muscle relaxation or help falling asleep which is what I wanted most. These actually feel pretty functional and I can smoke them at lunch or before I cook dinner where I appreciate them most for their introspective touch as I decompress and think about my day. No munchies if someone is looking for that but it's undesirable for me so I'm glad.

While I enjoyed growing them and I love the hashy fruity rubber tire aroma of #3 I would try other hash plants before revisiting this variety. My growing partner values them much more and has been enjoying them more frequently.

View attachment 18815044
View attachment 18815045

View attachment 18815046

View attachment 18815047
View attachment 18815048

View attachment 18815049
Those are some stellar hashplants! Nothing wrong with a few nanners anyway.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
We have available at ACE Seeds website the New Nigerian sativa release from Khalifa Genetics:

and re stock on all their currently available strains:

Nigeria strain description:
This pure old school African Sativa was originaly part of Afropips' seed collection. It is the Original Nigerian offered in Amsterdam Coffee shops in the 80's. Its woody/hashy/musky aromas and good high will remind some cannabis aficionados of the dark seeded African buds prevalent in Europe in the 1980's.

Most historians believe that cannabis was introduced into Nigeria at the beginnning of the nineteenth century. Despite its late introduction, cannabis has since been cultivated on a large scale in most parts of the country.

This Nigerian cultivar can display some broad leaflets at the beginnining of the vegetative phase. As the plants grow taller and start flowering, the leaves become narrower and narrower. Because of frequent rainfalls during its flowering phase, this cultivar has developed the ability to withstand high humidity. Its good mold resistance along with its ability to flower quite early allow this strain to give great results outdoors in most places.

The Nigerian Sativa effects are quite potent. At first, the high is clear and uplifting, very Sativa-like. After about 45 minutes however, these classic Sativa effects give way to a feeling a well being and relaxation. Harvesting early versus late will also have a huge impact on the effects, making them more or less uplifting. Lastly, this Nigerian cutivar tends to cure very well, becoming even more potent after a few months' cure.

This unique strain used to be part of Afropips' seed collection. After Afropips Seedbank shut down around 2010, the underground community then started preserving this Nigerian cultivar. In 2020, the Khalifa Team finally acquired this African strain via the collector community. Unfortunately, the first reproduction run revealed a huge proportion of hermaphrodites. After doing 2 more controlled open pollinations (3 in total) the Khalifa team was able to significantly improve the sexual stability of this Nigerian sativa.

This rare Nigerian cultivar is recommended to collectors, preservationists and breeders looking for a mold-resistant and fast flowering Sativa with unique musky/woody terpenes.

Flowering indoors10-13 weeks
Flowering outdoorsMid October to early November
YieldAverage-Low
Resistance against spider mitesHigh
Resistance against powder mildewHigh
Resistance against botrytisVery high
Resistance against white flyAverage-High
Resistance against coldAverage
Resistance against heatAverage-High
Latitude0º-50º
GeneticsLandrace Strain (P4) open pollinated indoors to increase the sexual stability.
StructureThis vigorous cultivar will grow tall with long internodes. Growers will notice 2 main phenotypes. The first one is fast flowering (ready in 10 weeks), high yielding and with relatively dense buds. The second phenotype will flower in 13 weeks and produce long Sativa spears.
BouquetAll plants have a delicious sweet woody smell. However, some can be more hashy/musky and others more fruity.
HighQuite potent. At first, the high is clear and uplifting, very Sativa-like. After about 45 minutes however, these classic Sativa effects give way to a feeling a well being and relaxation.
Terpene profileIt has not yet been tested.
Growing TipsIts good mold resistance coupled with its ability to flower quite early allow this strain to perform well outdoors in most places.

As is the case with most tropical Sativas, the Nigerian sativa can thrive in a poor soil. It is a low feeder which is sensitive to even moderate amounts of nitrogen.

Attachments

• Nigerian.png
    Nigerian.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 199
  • Nigerian2.JPG
    Nigerian2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 205
  • Nigerian3.JPG
    Nigerian3.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 192
  • Nigerian4.JPG
    Nigerian4.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 186

IndicaFarmer

Hi Rob thank you for stopping by, I'm trying to tell you that they didn't send me the Sheberghan I ordered, ACE Seeds sent me the wrong seeds, Siberian. Pretty lame.

Yes indeed when you grow landraces from sinsemilla cultivars like Thai's or this Kerala it's kinda normal. Sad thing is to see someone making videos and posts with pro tips to prevent hermies and not accepting that they should be responsible and send another package of seeds with another cultivar like a serious seed company fixing mistakes, you can see my posts in IG. When hermaphrodites show up is not fault of the grower and the stress let's all be honest, the problem is in the genes and a non existant good breeding and cleaning job. I grew Colombian Landraces ten years ago and had the same problem. Seeds from sinsemilla fields.

For people who wants to do real breeding this kind of cultivars are useless, we stress them with a purpose my friend. Not everybody buys regular seeds with the intention of only smoking them.

Take care

Hampi
yeah, i guess the sellers should sell them cheaper and in larger lots of like 50 atleast, its all selection.

Lebanizer

Can the Nigerian be grown outdoor above 45N or does it need daylight to drop to 12h to start flowering ?

PS:
Nevermind, someone redirected me to the datasheet and it does say it can be grown up to 50N ;) Thank you.

Last edited:

Birmaan

Aladdin's Skunk the smaller of Two Ladies harvested after 66 days of flowering.
20230709_090259.jpg
20230709_090305.jpg

20230709_090748.jpg

The larger was pollinated with various pollen, also varietal.
20230702_141832.jpg
20230622_144244.jpg

Smell both as described, very tasty and have grown very homogeneous. Sweet, slightly fruity and spicy undertones. Am very curious about the various offspring.
In addition, it has a super resin stocking.
:biggrin: (y)

yoss33

Veteran
I'm a bit surprised that Kullu is not more popular among the ICMag sativa fans. The effect is very "sativa" of the strong trippy kind.
But pure Kullu is a bit late for my outdoor, so I'm making and trying out some crosses. I'm very pleased from the cross to a special Zamaldelica female, the outcome has the Zamaldelica devastating wild potency and some of the Kullu clarity and sharpness. Also made the backcrosses Kullu x ZamKull and Zam x ZamKullu, which are also great from what I've tried. This year I made some seeds of Kullu x Zacateca Tribute and am yet to test the result. The Zacateca Tribute is much faster and earlier to flower, with nice chunky buds, so potentially it has what to offer to the cross without muddying the Kullu high. Must be a more tamed, grounded and friendly hybrid, compared to the cross to Zamaladelica.
View media item 18710858
View media item 18710652
View media item 18710651

Aladdin.Khalifa

Regardless of the note in the catalog “*Please note that the 80’s Durban Poison seeds are temporarily unavailable in the USA.” or did I miss something?
Hello Old Piney,

The 80's Durban isn't available at our US hub simply because we only have a small number of seeds.
That being said, if people don't mind the longer shipping time (9 to 13 business days instead of 2 to 5 for all the other products we ship domestically), then they can go ahead and order directly via our website.
All the other strains are shipped domestically.

Hey Aladin..

Can you tell me something about the Baghlan? Didn‘t find a lot of Info. Got them along the Afghan Lemon (are they btw. a good choice for outdoor in Austria Lat. 48?)

Hey Winger, yes, absolutely.

The Baghlan comes from the Kush Mountains. Therefore, it flowers much earlier than the Balkh or Sheberghan when grown outdoors. Almost all Afghan strains are mold sensitive. However, because it is early flowering and a bit more mold resistant than most Afghan strains, the Baghlan gives good results outdoors ;-)

We are currently in the process of creating a black Baghlan IBL (A bit like what we did with the Afghan Lemon IBL).

Hindu Kush Black Pheno (1).JPG

ACE sent me 18 Siberian Ruderalis instead of the 12 Sheberghan. I was kind and wanted to pay the certificated shipping through PayPal but they didn't wanted claiming they will send me like standard mail. Nothing arrived since November. The Kerala Chellakutti cultivar is hermaphrodite. I had 1 intersex male with stigmas, 1 hermaphrodite and 9 females soooo... 90 bucks to the garbage. I'll come back with the pictures later now I must go abroad to grab some Landrace seeds. Just my 2 cents

Hello @SonicNurse92 ,

Have you contacted ACE Seeds or us (Khalifa Genetics) regarding the mix up with the seeds?
I'm confused, did you receive the wrong seeds or did the package not arrive?
We always guaranty successful delivery of all orders. And if ever a customer receives the wrong seeds (Which may have happened once in over 4 years), we ship another parcel right away.

Male and females don't herm for the same reasons. A male with a few stigmas will not necessarily pass on the herm genes to its female offspring. I believe that DJ short talks about it also.
Out of your 9 females, how many herms did you get? I highly doubt that they all hermed on you.

Preservation and breeding are 2 different things. When we create a stable strain (Khalifa Collection) we can stress test the parents, generation after generation and reach a sexual stability close to 100%.
When we preserve an ancestral cultivar (Landrace collection), there are many many plants involved in order to preserve the precious genetic diversity.
By culling out all the herms during the process, we can noticeably increase sexual stability after each new generation. That being said, a landrace full of genetic diversity will NEVER be as sexually stable as our IBLs or True F1s. Our YouTube videos on stress testing talk about breeding, not preservation.

The landraces we offer are not 100% sexually stable but they are much more stable than the plants grown from seeds collected at source.
From instance, when we started working on the Beldia, the herm rate was around 97%! Now it is well below 20%.

Don't hesitate to email us if you want a replacement pack.

Have a great day,
Al & the Khalifa team

Rajas

Premium user
I need some information about the Kullu strain.

I'm a bit puzzled because the Kullu should end flowering in November/December. With a flowering time of up to 5 months it starts to flower in August. Is there semi-autoflowering involved or is it maybe due to the lesser sun hours in Kullu Valley?
1695895961314.png
Kullu Valley climate

The temperature it finishes flowering in is very similar to my country so it's my top NLD longflowering type that could finish correctly in my climate. Just need to solve the issue with early onset of flowering.

Last edited: