What's new

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor?

Yamaha FG-840

Dana's on television, three guys have been arrested. The two or three who jumped in the ring and punched McChoked, were fighters.

FS1 is all over it, Tyron, the chick, Bisping

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well no surprise for Khabib mauling Conor at least for me. Only surprise was the Khabib attack on the guy out of the ring and the jerk that punched Conor in the back of the head.

Khabib's antics were no big deal to me but the other clown needs to be put in jail and fined heavy.

Ferguson vs Pettis, now that was a fight. Pettis is still a very good fighter as shown tonight. Good sports the both of them. Lewis getting the last second ko was amazing. Some good things in the mix tonight.

I

Ignignokt

I'm going to take a guess that Khabib and team get heavier penalties than Conor and team for the bus assault....

I wouldn't be surprised if Dana found some loophole to have Conor be named the winner and get the belt :biglaugh:

Chappi

The fucking hypocrisy.....
Connor does this shit, hes a gangster
Khabib does this shit and he’s a terrorist.

Sounds a lot like when a white person shoots up a school or a concert and hes just a crazy “white person” but someone who happens to be Muslim then hes a fucking terrorist and should be deported and stripped of the belt. GTFOH oh and Fuck Joe Rogan!

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
So is UFC like wrestling in terms of staged antics?

MMA didn't seem like that twenty years ago.

Maybe somebody did some marketing research and found a huge percentage of fans were wrestling fans as well and decided to fix ratings.

As long as the consumer is happy everything is great.

Wrestling fans know it's staged and phony but they see people sweat and bleed and are pleased.

But MMA fans strike me as a more serious less fun crowd that needs real pain.

Is this the new compromise? A hybrid of staged bare knuckle unlicensed confrontations?

Does anyone see a connection or feel manipulated?

I

Ignignokt

Maybe somebody did some marketing research and found a huge percentage of fans were wrestling fans as well and decided to fix ratings.

Wrestling fans know it's staged and phony but they see people sweat and bleed and are pleased.

Is this the new compromise? A hybrid of staged bare knuckle unlicensed confrontations?

There was always SOME shenanigans but Conor is the one who started to push the envelope and make it fashionable.
Like Chappi says, there is much hypocrisy, Dana is a hypocrite, he used Conor's 'antics' throwing a dolly into a bus and injuring other people as promotion.

What do they expect....

iTarzan

You must not have been around for Fan Man, ear bitting or any of the other ring brawls in boxing going back to the beginning of the sport. But you don't really care about the fights you are just here to tell all us fans how stupid we are for following along.

What other thread have I read this in before. Hmmmm... I wonder.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Interesting that you know anything about me or my record.

There's nothing wrong with a fight.

Thanks for intellectually engaging me and not drawn some short sighted conclusion instead.

I was a heavyweight.

You are welcome to my ignore list.

W

Water-

They have not payed Khabib or given him the belt.

Dana White is a fraud.
Joe Rogan is a pathetic shill
and the UFC is a fraud

but the shit talking Conor got his ass kicked big time.
and thats all I care about

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
i respect connors skills as a fighter but his performance was beyond disappointing. i dont think there was any point in the fight that khabib was in jeopardy and as the commentators pointed out, conner cheated on a number of occasions. although i can relate to khabibs ongoing frustration, his post fight behavior is frowned upon. he should have remained in the ring and gloated like a gentleman. that would have been far more satisfactory and reflected better on him as a champion. great performance by khabib all around. until the final bell...

W

Water-

in the third round Conor was cheating and the ref was letting it go even though it was being pointed out.

Khabib realised the fight was fixed against him and went and mauled Conor in the fourth round, so the ref could do nothing about it.

Then Dana White told Khabib he woud not give Khabib his belt in the ring because the crowd wouldn't like it?

thats when Khabib went ape shit.

and Conor hit a family memeber of Khabib before he was attacked so dont believe the hype that conor is a victim.