What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kentucky/Ohio Valley growers...

aeric

Veteran
alGrenDh: more like spring the last week but the snow is comin back soon, it always comes back!

hilljack: sad but true

shiftfoot

The snows back here.We hade a terrible drought where I'm at this past summer and a really runnin behind water wise the past few so I'd really welcome a snowy winter with slow melt.Not gonna happen though.

G

Ansel was on old dude who lived in SE Grohio. Grew a plant here & there. One year he grew a bunch of plants . Absolute killer weed. He was selling qp's for way cheap. Got paranoid & burned the last several lbs in the woodburner. This was a long time ago( late 80's & I doubt if he's still alive) . Now you know the legend of Ansel weed. Locals still compare good weed to Ansel weed to this day in quality comparisons.

Last edited:

KYHomeGrown

with all the new people coming in just thought i would give this thread a bump. see f we can add some more locals. tell us whats up and hows it growing.

PureSativa420

im a local to the ohio valley that you speak of and had a great year last year unlike some of the fellow growers i see in this thread having mould and budrot problems, all of my plants lived to harvest no moul or rot thanks to whoever was watching over them!

this year will be the year im thinking as the weather has been very nice lately and very little snow and bad days till this week :(

hope to caht amongst the locals and ect very soon and thanks for bumping this thread KYhomegrown as i would of never found it! k + to you !

KYHomeGrown

well your a lucky one, i just basically need a new spot, my is kind of in a valley area and in the fall it gets covered with fog and dew. but this year should be promising hopefully!! your always welcome here you old OG refugee!

PureSativa420

as you see i grow both in open areas like dead rail road tracks in the first pic them plants where the last to go out but did rather well i think even though they was small :D

the 2nd pic is also in a bunch of overgrown weed, flowers, grass and were put out a bit earlier then the plants in pic 1, i jus let these grow as they wanted and left them be :D

the 4th and 5th pic is the same plant no clue on genetics but i got the seeds out of some bomb buds and decided to grow them out in the same area i grew 10 seed got 5 females all of them were mostly indica and grew to about 8 to 9ft tall and bushy these did rather well for being in a guerilla type grow in the woods, the side branches got fat picture 5 and the cola in pic 4 :D

thanks for the welcome to IC hope to make it my new home and get to know new growers :)

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
Hello folks im from the buckeye state as well. Earlier in this post i noticed a few people talking about dumpster and well not many people has heard of it but last year at hookahville the spring event i had the pleasure to grab some along with some sensi star. The dumpster almost looked like it was dipped in sugar over and over there were so many trichromes. Any of you ever go to hookahville?? Cant wait til april which is when they will hold this years event at buckeye ranch. For those ohio folks who like to camp, listen to music, smoke ohios finest herb and have fun its the place for you. The place is private property (owned by ekoostik hookah) and no leo are aloud in. I just wanted to give you Ohio/Kentucky growers and smokers a shout out. OhighO.

PureSativa420

ive been to hookahville before and it is a nice lil festival to go to if you like to camp and listen to music just like you said :D

G

OK...I'll hop on hehehe.

I'm in the tri-state area (KY,OH,WV), but I have to quit the outdoor gig. 3 yrs ago I was totally ripped off, LEO got 'em the next year, and bugs did severe damage last year.

I have managed to adapt a bedroom closet into a mini growroom that produces 1-2 lbs a year...plenty for my use ( see Mastergrow's Crazy Closet http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=16307). I have been growing since the late 60s, and most of my experience has been w/ outdoor plants. Although I can't come close to the quantity of a good outdoor yield from my closet, it is of the highest quality I have ever grown. I doubt I will ever grow outdoors again.

MG

anonamauz

i'll bite- new to the area, and getting things moving. How aggressive is LEO in this neck of the woods? I hear horror stories about eastern KY, but don't know how much they go after personal growers.

PureSativa420

my N1 is doing good KYHome its finally taking to being tied down :) and starting to grow quicker as the days pass which is a good thing as there goin out in about a month or less and will be harvested in later april early may :)

leo in my neck of the woods i dont see many and choppers cant fly around my growing area as to many planes are flying over it, which make it a no fly zone as they get very close to the ground say 50 to 100 feet off the top of the trees :D

----------Edit----------------
thought id post up some shots of my N1, yea i had a problem with nutes they didnt like the organic soil so i put them in different soil then they started to show nute def. so i put em back in the organic soil mix and now they seem to like it :)

Pollenated Lowryder 1 of 10 of them but only 1 shot, nut def in this too but oh well

Male LR got 3 bigger ones :)

North #1 liking to be tied down and topped :)

from the other side :)

This one is starting to take form

heres another shot of it

my smallest north #1 had a bit more nute problems then the rest but seems to be taking off after the problem was fixed :)

another shot of it :)

Last edited:

PureSativa420

my plants are back to full health and are starting to really take off and wanting to meet the sun very soon, lets say in a week to 14 days :)

wish more people would come and post there adventures but eh, still early in the season :(

Indiana grower!

These nice south facing hillsides get good light overlooking the Ohio river! Looking forward to a nice grow this year.

PureSativa420

this will be the year i can just feel it already and the weather man its the bomb this year :, cant believe in feb we have had days into the 70s and as low as the 20s hehe but dam im lovin the warmer days as they come and go !

its that time to sprout up are plants and take clones and get ready for the year of growing ! to big plants fat colas and side branches and alot of smoke, all coming from the midwest yea!