What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Keep my see 1k hps or switch to cmh???

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
64 days and coming down to the finish line. Flushwise it's on track to be done sat. It'll start yellowing real quick this week since I fed it fairly light the whole cycle. Did some measuring too and the tallest plant from top of cube to top cola is 33".
I'm also 22" from the light.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
That is impressive, 20-25 plants in a 3x3 trey and still got light on the trey bottom. Looks like quality all the way down, that’s the way to keep on top of shit. Good grass doesn’t grow itself, nice work!

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
There's 26 in this one. I did a bit of defoliating around 38ish and lollipop the bottom 1/3. The density kinda drops off towards the very bottom but the quality is still there. It'll make for good bubble hash.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Went In The room today, checked a few spots In The tray trichome wise and they were right where I like them so they got the chop today at 68. There were even some nugs turning goldish tan and purple. Flower tray will be cleaned and turned over within the next day or 2 for a mixed tray of forums and gluetang 3s
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Ya so far hanging it looks pretty close. There's a lot of solid nugs and on the eyeball looks close to a z per plant. Some maybe over a couple under. This 630 has definitely impressed me. One thing I did notice with the glue, it's still as floppy as ever lol. The coco plants under it got thinned yesterday and seem like they really bushed out over the course of 1 day. I'm really liking how the ecsd is growing. Seems like a very sturdy plant and not floppy like glue. If it comes out right it may be my new go to.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I just got some new strains in too. Really I have more than I have room for. Lol. 14 I believe! I had a dud problem recently and had to chunk over half my strains. I was so worried about losing them. 3 months later and I don’t know wtf I’m gonna do with so many now! Some of the members here really hooked me up when I was down.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I just got some new strains in too. Really I have more than I have room for. Lol. 14 I believe! I had a dud problem recently and had to chunk over half my strains. I was so worried about losing them. 3 months later and I don’t know wtf I’m gonna do with so many now! Some of the members here really hooked me up when I was down.

Hey, that's a good problem to worry about:D

OP

Dirt Bag

If your stems are weak, add wind. It really takes a lot before wind gets detrimental. All of our plants support themselves, though we always maintain guide wires in ebb and flow eliminating the possibility of tippage, which we've had before. Not fun when growing in rocks that float... sorta.
Our flower room is a windy place. And the plants love it. Thick, hearty stalks. 💪

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
It's my first run of the sour so I'm getting pretty anxious about it. I'm gonna try and get a drip set up on them cocos today and try to get it feeding 2x a day for around 5 mn or so. Got 2gph pc emitters so I think 5 min should be plenty..could maybe even cut it down to 3. I'll see what it looks like and adjust accordingly.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
12 days on the coco tray. Got the drip temped in for now. Set for 2x a day 5 mn each time. So far they look good. Don't mind the 2 gg4 yellowing in back. They're getting lower dose nutes than they should. At least until the ecsd and trainwrecks grow into it. Should be soon though.
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Shot of the room today. Took down the glues that were hanging and started trimming. So far the pile looks decent. I'll have a final weight here in the next day or 2. Also this tray I put in yesterday has a wide range of heights from under 6 inches to over 1 ft. I just had to free up my veg tray so I put in almost everything that was In A cube. It's not as uniform growth wise as what I'd normally put in and normally I'd also just mono crop the cubes instead of a mixed tray like this one.
picture.php

noknees

I would imagine that the people hitting 1gpw with these lights are running multiple lights over an area and then taking their total yield and total wattage to achieve that 1gpw. Unless they're getting 315 g out of a 315 light, which I'm sure is a possibility with a longer veg and scrog or vertical setup...also from my understanding, the 315s are supposed to be compareable to the 600s and 630s closer to 1ks. That's why I went 630s to try to maintain a similar quantity and increase quality. I'll know how that pans out soon....

is there a particular reason your setup is the way it is?

i feel like i know, but.....