What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KC33 OUTDOORS BY BIOSYNTHESIS

Biosynthesis

Veteran
No not yet. Will be growing from seed as usual. They get great big and have excellent vigor. Have been growing mainly seedplants for these reasons.

gorilla ganja

It amazes me you can grow such big plants that close to the creek. You would think the soil would be mucky and too wet.But I learn something new every year.

Peace GG

Biosynthesis

Veteran
It amazes me you can grow such big plants that close to the creek. You would think the soil would be mucky and too wet.But I learn something new every year.

Peace GG

A few did get wet feet, yellowed and put on smaller flowers. Better to build the soil up more to get there root systems up above the water line.

Also, some had dark purple flowers almost black. Maybe some black Thai in it's lineage? The flowers still on a few of the last plants are nice sticky little toxic looking. should be great smoking.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Favorite picturesfromthis season

Favorite picturesfromthis season

Here are some of the best picturez from this years grow.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

therealsterling

KC 33 UK 52..

KC 33 UK 52..

Here is a picture of a bud I took last week. Have started the harvest process. Will not be growing this strain again. Cannot say I will grow KC genetics again. Reason is that this was advertised as late September finisher. Here I am harvesting in the rain at the end of October, that really burns my balls! Having exotic sativa flowers is the only positive note. Hope all are having a great harvest!!

Here's my KC33 ( I think) harvested today at 52N UK.
I have to agree with you my plant has been very late as well and didn't start flowering until the end of Sept which is when they should be finishing ideally! Luckily the KC 33 has proved very cold resistant and was pristine when I was pulling the buds off today.
As you can see it is all still white hairs. It was so late and I've grown KC 33 before that I had to wonder wether it was mixed up with some Leda Uno I had as well. The smell was different as well. No lemon skunk tones just a peppery incense aroma. The Leda Uno I did have though was a lot more sativa in phenotype where's this has the strong Indica genes and the big think branches! How did yours smell. Lemony or peppery like mine? I'm assuming their from the same batch?
Anyway impressive grow! Lovely little plot you have there.
Here are some pics of mine, taken today.

browntrout

Veteran
Here's my KC33 ( I think) harvested today at 52N UK.
I have to agree with you my plant has been very late as well and didn't start flowering until the end of Sept which is when they should be finishing ideally! Luckily the KC 33 has proved very cold resistant and was pristine when I was pulling the buds off today.
As you can see it is all still white hairs. It was so late and I've grown KC 33 before that I had to wonder wether it was mixed up with some Leda Uno I had as well. The smell was different as well. No lemon skunk tones just a peppery incense aroma. The Leda Uno I did have though was a lot more sativa in phenotype where's this has the strong Indica genes and the big think branches! How did yours smell. Lemony or peppery like mine? I'm assuming their from the same batch?
Anyway impressive grow! Lovely little plot you have there.
Here are some pics of mine, taken today.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70250&pictureid=1672972&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70250&pictureid=1672970&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70250&pictureid=1672971&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70250&pictureid=1672969&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Interesting pheno, Have seen full purple plants leaves/bud tips/stems etc but not purple from inside out. Not like KC33 I have seen but still has the upturned lowers and similair leaf.

His feminized beans were very lemon pepper incense but short fat hard indica buds were is the old school plant we have from years and years ago that was inbred outdoors is a bit more lankier than yours with a fatter leaf and long upturning buds that are made up of small .5gram nugs. somewhat lemony/incense with a touch more fruit/earth smells.

therealsterling

Most phenotypes had tropical fruit smells, but occasionaly spicy undertones. The buds on yours look identical.

Nice to see what they can do under optimal conditions then!

Ive grown this strain many times before. The first time in 2001. Last time 2004. It was definitely earlier then by at least 3 weeks. Always impressed by its hardiness though. Getting some mango'y smells flash drying it under the car heaters! Looking forward to trying it. Don't spoil it for me ;-)

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Malawi x PCK from ACE is where I will be putting my money this year. Thanks for whatchin the show.:tiphat:

good choice bio! i got the malawi x pck,nepal jam,bangi haze and pck x kali china that i will be doing as well. u cant go wrong with Ace. what i like about Ace is they breed outdoors at 37n the same latitiude as me,so they finish right when Ace say they do for me.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
2017 grow season

2017 grow season

good choice bio! i got the malawi x pck,nepal jam,bangi haze and pck x kali china that i will be doing as well. u cant go wrong with Ace. what i like about Ace is they breed outdoors at 37n the same latitiude as me,so they finish right when Ace say they do for me.

Well things have changed around here since summer
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Like the sounds of your choices!
Did a lot of research deciding what to run this season. Change is hard, but have to try ACE this season. The reason being that the folks doing the breeding at ace seem to back up there gear with some solid breeding knowledge. Not sure if I like the size of the control groups I THINK they may work with, but knowledgeable breeders they do seem to have. Definately not pollen chuckers good old fashioned selective breeding and beyond basic 101.

Was going to run a strain called TNR by KC, I think you may have tried it. most phenos have a Thai aroma that's to die for. But it would need caged, it gets even bigger than the 33. Fortunately I was unable to order and got my mind set on ACE.

Have you grown the Erdpurt Outlaw? Sounds like a gorilla farmers dream. I am getting some of those to try as well. Why not they offer them as freebies. In fact they are sending me several freebies.

Should get some of that kc33 in my bowl and give a proper smoke report, it has the perfect cure now and should be maxed out on taste and potency. Kinda hard cause my bowl is full of TIKAL. It is a great clear smoke I can smoke all day and my mind never drifts. You may want to try it it is a nice branchy, easy to trim sativa dom. of central American genetics.

Sorry KC and kids ya blew it. End of September my ass. Man did that decision to do a mono of the 33 cost me. End of September my ass you should be ashamed of yourselves (aint going to happen) within 4000 miles of here. Oh and contract somebody like me to do your breeding for you!:woohoo:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
i almost bought the TNR as well bro. it suppose to grow into a fucking monster. i agree with u about ACE. they breed deep into the lines before they release them..just look at their bangi haze its like f10..i did nep jam and bangi last year and both did great with zero mold. i have ever did the erdpurt outlaw. their early bubba hash looks very interesting to me. im going for monsters this year. i have cut my plant count down to 6. my holes are 40 gallon and get direct sun for 8.5 hours from 630am-230pm..damn that creek has rose alot..im glad that didnt happen during the season for you.

Ktaadn

Well done Bio, you certainly have a green thumb! Too bad about the late flowering, it sucks to put the effort into such a beautiful garden only to have the genetics fail you. I'm glad I checked out your thread though because this one was on my list for this year. It's one I've wanted to try for a long time but never got around to ordering. Looks like I'll give it a pass at this point. Like so many other good lines from the old days it seems something was lost along the way.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Just ordered 350$ of seeds for this season (all ace). Malawi x PCK, Early bubba hash, erdpurt, orient express. This will be a fun season for sure from the research I have done.

budchopper

let me know when you make that cross with timewarp. pm works for me. no mold strains are the goal as hyped up elite strains that you trash because of mold are not so special are they?

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Hi, i m growing kc 33 at 49 north and it Will finish octobre the 31 . It s a bit late, but kc 33 love rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still no mold HUGE yield and realy bigs plants.
Next year i Will start later (late april early mai) , for an earlier harvest; and i will cross kc 33 with a timewrap or an early canadien durban.

Take care!!!!

Yes I feel this kc 33 would make some great hybrid plants. There seems to be no genetic information on geneology for it much.
Is it a "True F-1' by the definition or is it stabilized to f10 no info means I would just be pollen chuckin and I would like to create a true F-1 hybrid which seems to be rare in the cannabis seed industry. Maybe I am out of line, but if a breeder puts breeding wok into something they usualy explain this because they are proud of their old school breeding techniques. This is why I purchased ACE seeds this year. I think when they say it is an f1 and not just another polyhybrid, a simple result from outcrossing.

With that being said, I think 33 is a great plant to grow but it should be grown closer to 30th parallel. Its incredibly impervious to mold that's for sure. But I couldn't get it to perform well in flower here at 43 to do it again. Just not enough heat for her to fill out here well in October when she is realy supposed to be packing it on.

I will get a smoke report up eventualy for the 33. Just haven't smoked much yet.

Heres another showoff picture. This year I will show folks my methods I use to make monster cannabis plants. From buying and cracking seeds to hand mixing soil blend. Clear to harvest. Anyone can do it with minimal overhead with the methods I utilize.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts