Gardening Angel

Veteran
hey kalyx

looking good cant wait for the next update
going to be starting the flush on mine in about 7 days or so :biggrin:

thanks
GA

Kalyx

Sorry for the delayed responses everyone was a bit of a hectic week.

@nickman - Thanks nick things have really been moving along, stretch has really set in and bud sites are all over the place.

@HashSlasher420 - Thanks for dropping in, I really appreciate the support and am glad you have enjoyed my logs, thank you.

For your first question, I do have a little experience with using supplemental teas but I haven't mixed my own since before going on hiatus, so its been a number of years. The 3 part FFOF/Perlite/EWC has a good amount of nutes in it. I find it works very well throughout veg and usually will only give them rootdrench/microbebrew. When in flower I will supplement and recently have been using FF bloom which is basically a bat guano and ewc premade tea. I will typically use 1/4-1/2 tsp per gallon and maybe give them 2-4 feedings throughout flower. Now my last cycle that just finished up, I did a top dressing on all my plants early in flower and didn't need to use any other nutes. The top dressing was a little too much overall, a couple of my plants got slight nute burn on their tips and none of them finished up properly. All turned out great they just didn't get to fade, 3 of the girls were still spitting out white hairs and new calyxes. I went a little to heavy or late with my top dressing but worked well and didn't require any bloom nutes.

Now in terms of the products you're looking at OGBIOWAR tea and myco-fusion mycrrhizae, I haven't used either product so can't speak specifically to them. That being said looking at them they both appear to be good products. In all likely hood superior to the pre-made FF lineup. Those are products that could easily be used instead of the bottled FF nutes, would still provides nutes, micro-nutes and keep the microherd going.

My soil and nute regimen is far from perfect I know, its something I am tweaking and changing all the time. I had been away from growing for a number of years and wanted to use a product FFOF that I was comfortable with and had good results with previously. Its not a bad product but doesn't seem to be the quality it was years and years ago or maybe Im just more wise. It does well and I really like using it for veg, it needs some adjusting though. I find that I have issues late into flower, the longer plants are in the soil the more compacted it gets. Thus causing it to not drain as well, the soil PH seems to get off balance as well.

I have found more perlite and adding some dolomite lime have really helped those issues. The soil these Karmas Og are in for flowering is 3part mix with top dressing already mixed into the soil a few weeks before transplanting them in it. Im hoping that this will allow them to finish up and fade properly without feeding them anything from a bottle.

I do have a new mix that Im working with as well I wont be experimenting with it on the Karma's Og though. I have a GG#4 that will be the first to test it out. Using 1 part FFOF, 1 part Coco, 1/2 perlite, 10-15% EWC, there are other goodies in there as well kelp meal, blood meal, bone meal, dolomite lime. Im hoping that will give my girls the nutes they need, with a good draining mix that stays balance in PH and doesn't get too compacted.

I have thought about using larger pots and don't see any issue with it as long as the plants are big enough to fit them. I have been thinking about adding some 7gal pots and maybe playing around with those. Honestly most of my plants recently outside of a few didn't need the 5gal they have been in(this easily could have led to some of my soil issues late into flower as well). These Karma's are some big girls and they will need every bit of leg room in these 5gal. Big soil = big yield when growing in dirt, root health is so important and directly impacts yields so bigger can be better.

@dank.frank - Thanks for dropping in I appreciate it.

Watching people flower out these ladies I know Im in for some fire. Flowering these girls got delayed longer than I would had liked, better late than never and should make for a great 420 holiday treat.

@mack 10 - Thanks for stopping by!

@Gardening Angel - Hey GA,

I bet your ladies are looking and smelling so good right now. I know its got to feel great having them about to finish up.
These ladies are starting to smell so nice and I think I will be through their stretch in another week.

Update 2/15 - Flower Day 19

Things are coming along great the ladies are clearly in flower now. Massive amounts bud sites and hairs forming all over the place and there are some great funky aromas coming off all of them. They have really been stretching good and Im thinking another week to 10 days before they stop. There is clearly 3 different phenos and Im loving the variations and differences between the 3.

The first is a short stout pheno, she has stretched the least, has the least amount of lateral branching is basically just 4 main stalks. She is the slowest with the onset and formation of her buds. The second pheno is stetchy and the bushiest with the best and most lateral branching. She has thin and viney branches sprouting out everywhere and stretch the second most. The 3rd pheno is the largest and has stretched the most. She is inbetween the other 2 with her branching, more so than the stout pheno but not as much as the viney one.

This week I put the ladies through a second round of defoliation and the last planned of flowering. Outside of defoliating, staking and some pinching Im not performing any other training or LST on them during flower. I also placed bamboo stakes in for #2 and #3 also tying up some of their branches. Some of this was done as preventative supportive measures and also done to open up the two bushiest girls allowing more light penetration. All 3 are growing and bushing out very vertically and not a whole lot of horizontal or lateral growth. So many stalks so closely bunched together they were just too compacted. The round of pictures this update will show pre and post defoliation and staking of these gals. Got some big monsters coming this round so excited for these ladies.

Karma's Og #1

The short and stout girl, she is the smallest of the group but looks to have the strongest branching. She is basically 4 main stalks and very little other branches. On the plus side she looks like she is going to form massive colas, she is setting up to stack very nicely so far. By far the smallest and the least amount of stretch she has a little more than doubled in size. She is the only one that I haven't used stakes with, that could always change but she has a more open structure and required the least amount of leaf removal. She has very thick and strong branches that look ready to hold a lot of weight and has the tightest internodal spacing.

picture.php

picture.php

Karma's Og #2

This girl is just a crazy bush and probably my favorite of the 3 right now. She required the most work out of the 3 and needed lots of tying up and staking. She has crazy lateral branching and is just going to be loaded with tops. Her branches and stalks all appear fairly viney and she looks at this point like she is going to need a lot of support. I would guess she has stretched close to 200% maybe a tad more. She is catching up to #3 but hasn't stretched quite as much or as fast. Her bud set has really started to set in and she is already developing and very strong sweet and skunky smell. She does seem to be more sensitive than the others to light. She has been sitting directly under the light and was starting to lighten in color and droop a little. I have since raised the light some and moved her to a location more on the side. She seems to be liking this placement much better and has responded well.

Pre Defoliation and Staking

picture.php

picture.php

Post Defoliation and Staking

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.

Kalyx

Update Continued 2/15 - Flower Day 19

Karma's Og #2

picture.php

Karma's Og #3

This is the biggest of the 3, funny how things work out sometimes. She isn't the bushiest but does have some nice lateral branching. She has by far stretched the most and keeps chasing my light. Crazy how fast she can stretch in a day but looks like her stretching is finally starting to settle down some, she probably stretched about 250-300%. Pinching worked great to keep her canopy even and slow the stretch down some. She does seem to have some fairly strong branching not as thick as #1 but not nearly as thin and viney as #2. She seems to really like the light and hasn't show any sensitivities to that in flower. She also has a really nice smell developing and her bud development is farthest along of the 3. She required a lot of tying trimming and staking to get her opened up and better filling in her space.

Pre Defoliation and Staking

picture.php

picture.php

Post Defoliation and Staking

picture.php

picture.php

More updates coming soon.

Gardening Angel

Veteran
hey kalyx

looking good

my kog I held back are about at the same stage as yours
only two of them but looking forward to smoking them around 420 with the other white ltds I have going

thanks
GA

Kalyx

@Gardening Angel - Hey GA, sounds like a nice combo you have in the works for 420, can't go wrong with the White ltds or the Karma's Og. Your Karma's are looking absolutely stunning you did an amazing job with those. Watching yours has got me so excited for the potential inside these babies.

Update 2/22 - Flower Day 26

Things are still moving along really nicely, there wasn't a whole lot of change over the past week. They are still stretching but that seems to have really started to slow down as the budding is really starting to set in. The main reason for this update was really just to show how they have filled in after last weeks round of defoliation. Second reason for the update was to also show the progress with KOG#2. Last week she started to change colors a little and was a tad droopy. My guess the issues was related to her being directly under the HPS bulb, when she was younger she had shown some light sensitivities. Sure enough that was the issue and she has improved greatly over the past week and is right on track.

Karma's Og #1

The shortest and least bushy of the 3 plants, she seems to have really settled down and I think her stretch has now finished. She does appear to be stacking the best of the 3 and she looks to be setting up to produce some really nice colas. She has been the least finicky and seems to be able to handle more light intensity than her sisters. It could also be that being the shortest, her tops are a good 6 or so inches below the others, for now all of them are more around the sides of the light rather than being directly under it.

picture.php

picture.php

Karma's Og #2

Im just in love with this girl, she has to be my favorite of the 3 currently. She has the most viney looking branches and will probably require a lot of support. Her branching and specifically lateral branching are just awesome she is going to be loaded with tops. She has been the hardest to keep happy and healthy of the 3 but has the best stink right now kind of a slightly sweet funky Og thing going on right. I have been able to get her happy again changing her spot directly under the light and hoping to keep her green, perky and happy until she finishes. She is also setting up to stack really well and am hoping for some large pungent Og colas.

Picture from last week, you can see the lighter and yellow coloring that has started on her leaves.

picture.php

Current photos show how much her coloring has improved over the week once she was moved to a position not directly under the light.

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

Update Continued 2/22 - Flower Day 26

Karma's Og #2

picture.php

picture.php

Karma's Og #3

The tallest and stretchiest of the group and still climbing towards the sky. It does seem like her stretch has slowed a little but she is still making me raise the light. I believe it was raised 3 times in the past week as she climbs closer and closer. better branching on this girl than KOG#1 but not nearly the lateral branching the KOG#2 has. I really love the way these girls mainly grow vertically and lack much if any horizontal growth. I have had to open them up some to spread out and give room to the middle tops but makes things really nice for saving space. Im hoping she stops stretching before much longer or I will have to stack her sisters up on something so they can be close enough to the light. She like her sisters is stacking really nicely and her bud development looks to be the furthest along.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
Too bad you're posting this in the Karma forums, I can't give you rep here.

Looking lovely, brotha man! Can't wait to taste that beautiful stuff in a few months. (Look at that - less than 2 months now....)

In the words of Stoned Trout .... yeeehaw!
=]

Gardening Angel

Veteran
hey kalyx,

looking good

number 1 is my favourite but 3 looks like a beast
nice to watch your develop at the same time as my second run

thanks
GA

Alpen rock

Awesome growlog, I really love how you detail everything...that light sensitivity on one pheno is something Ill keep in the back of my mind for my future Karma OG endeavours :biggrin:

Nice opening/defoliating job also, these babes look healthy, they gonna yield for sure:peacock:

Thks for sharing!!:tiphat:

nickman

Veteran
Nice report k, I'm really liking how much more they have developed since your last report... They're gonna b nice man... Mine are just starting to pick up... I know it's been a mixture of the cold nights and some bad soil I put them in... Not really bad, I just didn't like it... There's still two of them that just don't want to grow... It's weird... They've all been transplanted into bigger homes and into some ocean forest...

Dog Star

Veteran
Karma OG looks fire,# 2 is my favorite also,love the leaf shape..that is how i imagine
true Kush.

Happy growing Kalyx,very good skills and plants are true healthy.

DS

Kalyx

@RandomMan - Thanks buddy it won't be long now until the HTCC cant wait. Will have lots of sticky for you to smoke on but Im most excited for these girls.

@Gardening Angel - Im really enjoying the 3 distinct phenos I have, awesome watching them progress. I love looking at the pictures from your first run gives me a better idea what Im in store for and has my mouth watering.

@Alpen rock - Thanks Alpen I appreciate the kind words and glad you have enjoyed the log so far. Sometimes these girls can be a little sensitive but since getting them out from directly under the light they have been a breeze. Really nice dark coloring now on all of them and spend most their time praying. They all look like they will yield well but the #2 looks ready to smash her sisters in that area right now.

@nickman - Thanks the progression from week to week on these ladies is awesome to say the least. I too had a struggle with these girls when they were younger. Once they get a little bigger they start to get more vigor and easy to deal with. It seems with mine that having them stressed even a tad when young (over/under water, cold temps, light sensitivities) will nearly stall them. Just keep babying them and they will start getting more vigorous as they get larger. I will have an update with lots of pics coming tonight, tomorrow at the latest, just need to upload the pictures.

@Dog Star - Thanks I really appreciate the kind words. Love the #2 she is just a bushy beast really nice structure and smell coming off her.

@CherChezLaGhost - Thanks for stopping by, things are really starting to get cooking now.

-Kalyx :tiphat:

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They look really happy nice job. Excited to see how these finish out for you.

Kalyx

@Guyute54 - Thanks for dropping in. Really looking forward to these ladies smells are really starting to develop and they are beginning to take shape.

Update 3/8 - Flower Day 40

Wasn't able to get anything updated last week as I was just swamped with work and life. Things are coming along great the ladies are looking excellent and really starting to take shape. I have had no real issues or problems the girls are happy, healthy and chugging along. One minor issue I ran into last week was finding a couple nanners on #1 and then one on #3. Im pretty sure this was caused by grower error, most likely a light leak. I have had it happen a few times before if I don't make sure to seal all the flaps and shut the tent up properly. The nanners were all found and easily removed from lower branches and nodes. I have yet to see any new ones popping up after giving all the ladies and lengthy inspection this weekend. I don't think much if any pollen was dropped before removing them and the ladies have been getting misted with water near daily since as a preventative measure.

The flowers are really starting to set in and take shape on all of the girls. The frost and smells are really starting to develop over the past few weeks. There is an undeniable bit of an Og funk going on with all of them and they all seem to have a really nice smell of fresh mangos. Not an overly sweet smell, like an artificial mango candy but a straight up freshly sliced mango smell. Im really loving the aroma they have currently it makes for a great combination mixing in with that Og funk They have been very easy to keep happy and healthy since flowering started and have really had no issues with them. All of these ladies have very similar smells at present but the similarities really seem to end there. There are clearly 3 distinct plants in their stretch, structure, branching and bud development, cant wait to see the differences in all 3 once they finish up.

Karma's Og #1

This is the short, squat and stocky lady, she is growing very compact with minimal branching. This girl just didn't want to display much of any lateral branching. Outside of a couple small lower branches this girl is strictly going to be 4 main tops. They all look to be stacking well so far but this girl is stacking the best out of all of them currently. As long as she keeps they way she has been going, there should be 4 massive Og colas when she is finished. Her flowers also appear to be growing more dense and compact than her sisters and also seems to be a little farther along flowering. Her and KOG #3 appear to have the most frost production currently with this girl looking to be in the lead in that department for the time being.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Karma's Og #2

Im really loving all of these plants right now they all impress me in different ways. This girl is probably my overall favorite though, really just based on her structure and smell. She does have the strongest smell of the 3 right now and was the first of them to really start stinking. Her structure is just impressive to say the least, she has by far the best branching and lateral branching of the group. She is loaded with bud sites all over and is stacking very nicely on top of that. At this time she looks like she will smash both of her sisters in the yield department. As of now she does appear to have the least amount of frost production but by no means is she lacking in stink. She has been the most sensitive to light out of the 3 of them but she is also the only lady that didn't spit out any nanners on me which of course is a plus.

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

Update Continued 3/8 - Flower Day 40

Karma's Og #2

picture.php

picture.php

Karma's Og #3

She is the biggest of the 3 and while KOG #2 stretched a lot, she didn't have quite the stretch that this girl had. She also has pretty good branching and much better lateral branching than KOG #1 but not nearly as good as KOG #2. Over the past 7-10 days this lady has really started giving off that great intoxicating mango Og funk, makes it hard to take your nose away from her. Right now her flowers look to be the slowest to get moving but she isn't far behind her sisters. Her flowers at this time also look to be the fluffiest out of the 3 but she is really packing on the frost like her sister KOG #1. These girls seem to change and progress so much over the past couple of weeks, this will be a fun show to finish watching. She looks like she might take a little longer to flower than her sisters but time will tell and a week of change can make a big difference.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Gardening Angel

Veteran
hey kalyx,

thanks for the update

look like some well fed and looked after girls
you should be in for a good yield come harvest time

Im currently smoking my way though my 23 girls to find the keepers for the next run got it down to 4/5 atm
most smell/taste the same

looking forward to your next update

thanks
GA

Latest posts

Latest posts