What's new

Karma's Og - Karma Genetics - Kalyx

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Ummmm...it's been 5 daze brother since ya updated. What??? You busy Christmas shoppin or sumthin??:biggrin: lookin forward to the update when ya get the chance.

Gardening Angel

Veteran
@Gardening Angel - Hey thanks for stopping by, they are coming along, sensitive little things but think Im finally getting them under control.

@sourpuss - Yep they are pretty interesting so far, fan leaves on all plants have stayed very close to the main stem. There are 2 tall looking phenos that are very lanky with long node spacing. The other 2 are short phenos with a more compact node spacing. Im hoping If all goes to plan they will be ready to start flowering in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Update 11/30 - Day 42

Things have been progressing along since the last update, not as fast or as well as I would prefer but coming along none the less. 6 weeks in and I still have been unable to sex any of the plants. Im sure most of this is due to me topping them and transplanting them during that time. Im sure those different stresses caused to the plants have delayed me from sexing them. All 4 are getting very close, I believe and hope to sex all 4 of them with in the week. The fan leaves were growing so close to the main stalks it was really preventing the lower branches from getting the necessary light to grow and develop. I removed many of the lower and mid fan leaves on all 4 plants over the weekend to open them up and allow their branches really start growing.

Growing these plants has been a bit of a test and has really kept me on my toes. Overall, they look pretty healthy, have good color and are growing. They seem to be very sensitive plants to me and keeping them happy and perky has been a constant battle. I feel like Im starting to get a handle on them and get them under control, one of them is being more difficult than the others. Mine have seemed to be sensitive to light as well as watering. I have moved them from being directly under the light which has helped some. I have also seriously cut down the amount of water they get at a feeding and the amount of waterings they have each week. Since making these adjustments the plants have been responding and appear to rebounding nicely.

Karma Og #1

This is one of the short phenos and overall the best looking of the plants. Has good compact growth, node spacing and has the best branching thus far. This one has been the least finicky of the 4 plants and is my favorite of the 4 due to its growth and structure.

View Image

View Image

Karma Og #2

This is one of the tall phenos and they seemed to have the least developed branching of the plants. Not sure if its because their fan leaves, their growth or a combination of the both, Im hoping their branching really starts to take off in the next couple of weeks. The taller phenos appear to be a tad more picky in a general sense than the shorter ones. This one is the least finicky and in the best shape of the tall phenos.

View Image

Karma Og #3

This is the other of the 2 tall phenos. I realize I provided bad pictures this week that aren't showing the side structure of the plants. This plant and KOG #4 are the ones that have given me the most issues and kept me on my toes the most. The best I can figure is that they have a tad sensitivity to light and are even more sensitive to having too much water.

View Image

Karma Og #4 - short

This is the second of the 2 shorter phenos and this one has by far been the most difficult and given me the most headaches of these plants. It still has some droopy leaves but does appear to be making a nice comeback over the past few days. I feel like I have started to get a handle on these babies and will keep on babying and giving them plenty of love. Outside of her being difficult I really do like the structure and growth of the shorter plants over the taller ones. They appear to just have much better node spacing and branching, they look like they want to become nice bushy plants.

View Image

More updates coming soon.

hey kalyx

like looking into a mirror with those phenos

thanks for the update

GA

Kalyx

Update 1/4 - Day 63

I have been slacking and really busy getting through the Holiday season, so its been 3 weeks since my last update. The plants are still vegging and there hasn't been a whole lot of exciting news. I will probably look to start doing weekly updates once I get the girls into Flower. Never the less there is some news to update over the past few weeks that Im very happy about. I have finally been able to sex all 4 plants and am very happy to say, I have been blessed with 3 different females and 1 boy. Was finally able to get the girls transplanted into larger pots and give them a nice trimming. These poor plants have given me a headache this entire grow but I certainly didn't help them or myself waiting for them to show sex. They were very overdue for a transplant which just added unnecessary stress to them. Im not happy about choosing to delay their transplant but with space restrictions it was necessary.

The plan moving forward is to nurse these girls back to health over the next couple of weeks. I will most likely transplant them once more into 5gal pots for flower. Im currently just waiting for some space to open up in the flowering tent before moving these girls in. I will have them starting to flower within 3 weeks if not a little sooner though. The girls were transplanted about a week and half ago into larger pots, it was much overdue at that. It took them a few days to get going but they have been improving greatly over the past week. I thought it was pretty neat that the female phenos were #1-3 with #4 being the boy, makes things nice and orderly. The boy is going to be cloned and then tossed, need to clear up room and don't want to give him more dirt or a larger pot. No plans have been made yet for the male but I will hang on to him for just a little and might collect his pollen for the future. He is the smallest of all the plants but has nice node spacing and has similar branching to pheno #1. Not sure what I would use him for but now that I built my isolation chamber, Im inclined to use it when I have a male.

With my plants at this stage in veg I have noticed two main phenotypes. The first has a shorter, more compact structure with stronger branching. Then there is the tall lanky phenos with much longer node spacing and very minimal branching. Currently I prefer the shorter phenos to the taller ones. I decided to give the 2 taller phenos a nice haircut to get them a little more manageable and help their branches catch up to the tops. My favorite right now has to be Karm's Og #1 she has the best structure, 4 tops, good node spacing and has been the least finicky this far. All of the plants including the male, look really nice under a scope with their stalks covered in crystals. They all have a great skunky funk going on thats hard to stop smelling. Really excited to get these girls flowering and see the show they will put on.

Karma's Og #1 - Short and Bushy Pheno

picture.php

picture.php

Karma's Og #2 - Tall and Lanky Pheno

picture.php

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.

Kalyx

Update Continues 1/4 - Day 63

Karma's Og #3 - Tall and Lanky Pheno

This girl has been the most problematic for me this far and is the most sensitive and finicky of all the girls. I would say the male still takes the cake for being the most difficult of the 4 plants. The lighting with her pictures was better than the previous two, so her coloring looks a little darker. It has been a struggle with these girls since the start with a combination of my mistakes, neglect and the plants being sensitive. I will get these girls healthy and back on track soon enough and I know all my efforts will be rewarded with some excellent smoke.

picture.php

picture.php

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They look alot better than you make them sound. I'm sure you will have them 100% by the time they are ready for flower

:tiphat:

nickman

Veteran
Like he said, u make It sound worse ... I just popped a pack of these into awry napkin... There was 13 in my pack ...

Kalyx

@Marlo - Thanks Marlo, I think I was a little overly doom and gloom, a bit disappointed in myself. They are doing much better though and should be in really good shape by the time I get them into bloom.

@northernm - Hey thanks for stopping by glad to have you aboard. The real show will be under way in a couple of weeks.

@nickman - Thanks man congrats on getting to pop some of Karma's Og. Normally I would say 13 is a bad number but in the seed pack game thats a very good thing, got to love getting extras. Im sure you will find some gems with all of those, looking forward to see what you find.

@Smokindogcujo - Thanks man I appreciate it, really looking forward to getting these girls into flower. I would like a really nice Og pheno to make into a mommy, hoping one of these girls can make the cut.

-Kalyx :tiphat:

Kalyx

Update 1/11 - Day 70

I just did an update last week an wasn't planning on doing one this week. The girls are still vegging and making a very nice recovery, really not a lot of change since the previous update. The ladies are finally starting to look happy and healthy, the best they have in weeks. I had to update to include pictures of happy healthy plants unlike previous posts. The Karma's Og #4 male was cut down yesterday but not before taking a couple cuts of him. Once they root I will put them in solo cups and start flowering him out in my isolation chamber. Currently I don't have any plans for his dust, but Im sure I will be filled with ideas and projects for him before long.

Karma's Og - Group Shot

The group shot is in order from #1 to #3 going from left to right. From previous updates you will notice me referring to 2 main phenos at this point, being short and bushy or tall and lanky. In this group shot you can see that all the girls are nearly the same size. The tall phenos aren't so tall and lanky anymore as they had a massive haircut/topping last week. I needed to get their height in control, wanted to get a more even canopy and let the lower branches catch up. also was able to double the tops they will have. The short pheno was FIMed when topping weeks ago, I used her as a base line to trim the tall and lanky phenos down to.

picture.php

Karma's Og #1

She is my favorite at this point has just been the least finicky. I really like her node spacing and branching much more over the taller lankier girls. I will probably give them another 10 to 14 days to continue growing in their current pots. I plan to up-pot them one last time into 5gal pots before putting them into flower. These girls will be going in the flowering tent inside the next 3 weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

Karma's Og #2

This girl has responded really well to her massive topping over the past week. Her branching has really started to take off and is quickly catching up to her tops. Her first/top set of branches have actually now over taken her 4 main tops. I will be doing some training to keep her canopy nice and even. By the way she is shaping up looks like she will put out at least 6 main tops, maybe some more by the time she starts to flower.

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

Update Continued 1/11 - Day 70

Karma's Og #3

This girl has been the most difficult and sensitive of my Karma's Og but even she has been happy and in great shape this past week. She has also responded really well to the super haircut she received last week. She now has 4 main tops that are starting to take off and her first set of branches has almost overtaken the main tops. She is more open and has less branching than either of the other pheno, but she has really started shaping up nicely.

picture.php

picture.php

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
Looking very healthy now. Huge leaves look like huge puppy dog ears, almost too big for the plants.

Excited to see the flowers you pull from these. Nice update, as always (thanks).

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey kalyx

Thanks for the update

All seems to be in order now the last pic looks like one of my keepers,
Week 4 of flower for me getting heavy og smells when I enter my room love it lol

Looking forward to your next update

Thanks
GA

Kalyx

@RandomMan - Thanks buddy as always, really pleased and loving these girls now. Took me awhile to get them corralled and under control but they are rocking now.

@Gardening Angel - Hey GA, The girls are doing good now, I like the structure off #3 but she has been the most difficult for me so far. I find its usually those finicky sensitive girls that reward you the best, time will tell. The Og smells and aromas your having has me anxious to get these girls blooming.

@dreams4dreamin - I agree these girls have stumped me a number of times and kept me on my toes. Feels good to have them happy and ready to put on a good show.

Update 1/18 - Day 77

The ladies just keep looking better and better everyday, they have gained a lot of vigor and are bushing up nicely. Long overdue they are nearly ready to start flowering. The plan is to transplant them one last time before throwing them into flower. Tomorrow they will be given a new home and soil in 5gal pots. They will be given enough time to recover and let their roots start to explode in the new pots before going into the flower tent. I want to have them in flower by the end of the month if not sooner, goal is to have them ready by 4/20 for the HTCC. It will be a fairly tight window but as long as I can get them into flower before the end of the month, I should be able to make it. They are at a perfect size to start flowering now, might get a little out of hand if they stretch like I expect. I just want to give their roots a little more veg time to take advantage of a larger pot size before flowering.

Karma's Og #1

Really love this girl, grows much more compact and stout than her other sisters. Love the nice even canopy she has, she just likes to keep all her tops even which makes my job all that much easier. She has been the easiest to keep happy lately, Im stoked to have finally nursed these girls back to health. Flowering on these girls is long overdue this girl looks ready to take off and explode.

picture.php

picture.php

Karma's Og #2

This girl has just blown up over the past couple of weeks. She has made the strongest improvement and displayed the most vigor since being transplanted. She has really impressed me with the explosion of her branching recently, she is becoming a nice fat bush. She keeps having one of her tops being dominate and growing above the others. She doesn't want to keep an even canopy like her sisters. I topped her again during this photo session, it will get her to produce another two tops and give her other tops sometime to catch up and even out the canopy. Just blown away and most impressed with this girl so far cant wait to watch her show in flower.

picture.php

You can see her here before being topped, she seems to just want one dominate top.

picture.php

Kalyx

Update 1/18 - Day 77

Karma's Og #2

I had to include some more pictures of her, she just has a beautiful structure. You can see that both of these pictures were taken after she was topped.

picture.php

picture.php

Karma's Og #3

This girl is coming along and doing much better but has been the slowest to recover. She is almost there but is just a lot more sensitive than the others, she does have good coloring, is forming a nice even canopy. She doesn't seem to be nearly as bushy or have the branching her sisters do but she still has some bush to her and a nice 6 top canopy at the moment. I do really like her structure though, she is a pretty girl. Love seeing the differences in growth and structure between the 3. It looks like two of her branches are becoming the dominate tops and overtaking the 4 tops off her main stem. I might do a little training to make sure all her tops stay even. I plan on being very gentle with her upcoming transplant as to avoid any stess that might slow her down.

picture.php

picture.php

S

sourpuss

Nice work! I like the last pheno for some reason... first one as well....

Latest posts

Latest posts