What's new

Karma's Og - Karma Genetics - Kalyx

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Kalyx...I need to pop in more often!!! Your plants reflect your love for them...for sure. Soooo healthy and happy, you have a green thumb for sure. I may need to pop my pack this summer. Nice work bud!!:tiphat:

Kalyx

@sourpuss - Thanks man, I have a really hard time deciding a favorite right now there are things I like about all of them. For some reason I have a feeling #3 is going to be the best. Seems like the most sensitive girls are always the special ones.

@PotSnob420 - Thanks man, #2 and #3 especially are just going to be loaded with tops. Im thinking these girls are going to yield very nicely.

@Boys from south - Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate the kind words.

@Useful Idiot - That means a lot buddy thank you. They are looking happy and healthy now but they had some rough patches earlier on. Really happy I have been able to get them healthy and just in time for flower. Really excited for the potential in these sexy ladies... Sounds like a great summer project for you. :biggrin:

@Mack 10 - Thanks for dropping in Mack I appreciate it and welcome to the show. Things will be getting interesting here very soon. For veg I have kept them under a 4ft 8 bulb T5 6500k fixture. They will be flowered under a 1000w HPS using a new Hortilux Super HPS bulb for these ladies.

@nickman - Thanks nickman I really appreciate that, Im glad you have enjoyed, the show is really about to get started.

Update 1/26 - Day 85

No pictures and only a short update for this week. I just didn't have time to get pictures and really not a whole lot of change to see on vegging plants. All 3 of the girls were transplanted into larger 5gal pots on Thursday 1/22. Was insane how much all of their roots had exploded since their last transplant and they were in much need of new homes. No serious trauma or stress caused with these transplants like they dealt with previously. The girls weren't even slowed down and seem to really take off as soon as they were potted. They were given a light watering with a root drench and micro nutes to help them through the process.

I almost threw them into the flowering tent last night but decided to hold off just a couple of days until one or two of my current flowering plants gets chopped. Once a little space clears up all 3 will get their flowering started. They will be in the tent inside the next week, most likely will start in the next couple of days. Im expecting these girls to explode with stretch guessing around 300%. Going to require raising my light a few times. I have lots of vertical room but really hoping I don't run out of space with these girls. Right now I have done very little training but I will probably do some LST on them this week to open them up, even out their canopies more and maybe lower their height a bit.

I will be doing an update with pictures this coming weekend, I fully expect these ladies to be at least a couple days into bloom by then.

-Kalyx :tiphat:

Alpen rock

Really cool grow log, very detailed.

Cant wait to see them in full bloom.

These babes sound finicky, what type of problems have you come trough?
Slightly puzzled cos Ive purchased a pack myself, and have no idea how to deal with finicky plants :biggrin:....

Thks for sharing!

Kalyx

Really cool grow log, very detailed.

Cant wait to see them in full bloom.

These babes sound finicky, what type of problems have you come trough?
Slightly puzzled cos Ive purchased a pack myself, and have no idea how to deal with finicky plants :biggrin:....

Thks for sharing!

Hey Alpen rock,

Thanks for stopping by, Im glad you have enjoyed my log so far. These girls might go into flower tomorrow, regardless the real show is about to begin.

I have had a number of issues with these girls, many problems were caused by myself. I have noticed they are a bit sensitive and finicky though, its taken some work getting them nursed back to health for bloom.

I have noticed with my girls that they have a number of things they are sensitive too.

-When they were babies they were light sensitive, I couldn't keep them happy under direct light until they got a tad older. That issue seems to have subsided with age, it could be an issue when flowering too but I won't know about that for another week or so.

-They do have some sensitivity to over-watering, you want to make sure you have very good drainage in your medium. I found when watering them like I would a normal plant they would show lots of signs of over-watering, just droopy and not happy. I water them with a very light hand, they probably average 50-40% less water than a different plant of similar size. I make sure their soil is very dry and they are thirsty before watering.

-I have also had some cold night time temps in my spot this winter. These girls do not like the cold very much and have not responded well at all to it. The cold really seemed to stunt and slow down their vigor dramatically. With some adjusting I have been able to keep temps stable and fixed that issue.

A lot of the issues I have had with these girls have been self inflicted wounds. They do have delicate root systems at least 2 of my plants do. You do want to be gentle transplanting and not let them get rootbound, I made this mistake and that has been the biggest set back. The stress I caused my girls waiting too long to transplant was a bigger issue than any of the girls growth habits or sensitivities.

I wouldn't be too concerned with these being finicky plants, using a light hand you should be fine. Many of the issues I experienced were caused by myself. It really just comes down to a matter of finding out what the plants like and don't like, this strain will probably take a few runs to get dialed in. The past few weeks they have been a pleasure to grow, very strong, vigorous and haven't been stressed by anything.

-Kalyx :tiphat:

nickman

Veteran
Thanks for the tips... I noticed myself that they must b sensative to over watering like u said... My seedlings are always looking droopy and I kinda burnt a couple a little bit, not too bad though... My ghost riders are the same age but seem to b doing a bit better and they seem to have ore vigor...

Alpen rock

Thanks a lot for this very valuable piece of info, now I know better what to expect with these babes...very interesting!!

Thks Nickman for yr input also :tiphat:

I do remember Tonatiuh's grow log on the Bear Og (Karma Og ancestor :biggrin:) he had trouble on the very start with the early seedlings, not happy till he gave them a double nute dose and they thrived right after, hence the threads title "please DO feed the bears"...legendary shiz lol.Also the stretch was crazy...

Anyhow, these buds will be Bomb I have not the slightest doubt about it!!

Let the real show begin:dance013:

Kalyx

@cloudsclouds - Thanks for coming by the real show has now officially started.

@dreams4dreamin - The show has begun... ETA on stinky sticky buds 10 weeks and counting.

@nickman - Thanks for sharing nickman, my girls were sensitive at a young age and things didnt get off to a good start. I felt like I was playing catch-up much of the time. I did notice that since they are older and healthier now they have really gained a lot of vigor and seem like very tough girls now. I guess they should be pretty tough with the abuse I have put them through so far.

@Alpen Rock - No problem Alpen thanks for sharing. It does seem like the seedling stage is when they are most fragile and sensitive (naturally of course). Maybe they do just need an extra little boost nute wise to get them through the seedling stage. I find that typically the sensitive ladies are the ones with the best rewards, they just make you work for it. Learning a plant and getting it dialed in is so much of the fun though. I always want to improve my methods and provide better care for my plants.

Update 1/28 - Day 88 - Flower Day 1

I just wanted to provide a quick update again I have no pictures, just didn't have time before the lights went out last night. Drum Roll....... 1/28 was the first official day of flowering for all three of my Karma Og ladies!:woohoo:

I never planned to have these girls vegging as long as they have but better late than never. I put them through a lot of abuse and Im very happy that I did wait this long to get them started. I was able to get them nursed back to health, which Im sure will go a long way in letting them shine and grow to their true potential. All 3 of them are strong and healthy girls right now and look like they are ready to explode. I will get pictures this weekend of the girls and get those posted up.

nickman

Veteran
Sounds good I'm waiting for the pics... My seedlings seem to b doing like shit... They r just always so droopy and the just don't look good.. They r about two weeks old now and I'm really wanting to transplant them into bigge pots... Good luck with these brodes in flower...

Gardening Angel

Veteran
hey kalyx,

always a detailed update thanks

looking forward to seeing some flowering pics

I hope your keeping well ?

im staying up watching the superbowl and updateing going to be a hard Monday morning lol

thanks
GA

Kalyx

@nickman - Thanks man. Don't worry too much about your seedlings, mine were in rough shape and seems like a lot of others have had issues when they were seedlings as well. The older they get the less sensitive they seem be. Pics incoming.....

@Gardening Angel - Hey GA, Im keeping well, I hope you enjoyed the Super Bowl and aren't struggling too much through the day. Always happy to have you dropping by, its taken a long time, much longer than I expected but finally these girls are flowering away.

Update 2/1 - Flower Day 5

I haven't had any picture updates in awhile and as promised here they come. Girls are now 5 days into flower and Im sure their stretch will start taking off very soon now. The girls have been very happy in their new 5gal homes, shown lots of vigor and really seem to enjoy the added leg room. Sunday I did perform some pinching on the girls' tops that were stretching above the rest. First time using this technique in many many years so will see how that works. This week I do plan to do a little LST to open them up and try and control their vertical stretch some. I did a first round of defoliation on these girls after taking pictures, to clear out some fans and increase the light penetration into their bushes. You will see from individual pictures of the plants that they were in need of some serious thinning of their foliage. I do have a group shot I will post at the end of the update showing all the girl post defoliation.

Karma's Og #1

picture.php

picture.php

Karma's Og #2

picture.php

picture.php

Karma's Og #3

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.

Kalyx

Update 2/1 - Flower Day 5

Karma's Og #3

picture.php

picture.php

Karma's Og - Group Shot

picture.php

More updates coming soon.

HashSlasher420

Hey Kalyx just got done reading just about all of your logs & must I say, looking absolutely amazing !
Was wondering if you had any experience or second hand knowledge on using supplemental teas with the feeding and soil regimine you are using?

I plan on running your FFOF / perlite / worm mix with those 3 FF beneficials however I really would like to run an OGBIOWAR tea & myco-fuzion mycorrhizae in conjunction.

Do you think the teas and extra myco would open up for too much nutrient intake?
Would I even need mirobe brew or kangaroots if I went with those two?

Much love from down here in the springs !!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The more of these plants I see...the more I like them...

Can't wait to see you bring the frost out of them! :respect:

dank.Frank