What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kangativa's Mullumbimby Madness Grow

led05

Chasing The Present
Kanga and Bushy are friends . . . I still hold out hope that they may work things out between them on this situation.

Hate seeing this kind of thing destroy old relationships.

marketing, oh no he didn't........ I know me some good Aussies. Where you been my friend? Cheers

Limeygreen

Veteran
I'm sure quite a few of us will pitch in for Kanga, lots of seeds make their way to good people, give a shout if your curious Kanga.

P

psilocybevybe

throwing love and positivity at this whole event,:comfort:
hard lessons learnt by those involved,
sorts the wheat from the chaff on the TRUST level at least!

lets all get our best seeds in the ground and do what we do best:biggrin:

LostTribe

Premium user
It looks like he did both. I hate to see things degenerate like this. From the outside looking in, it seems there is hope for reconciliation.

I do have to strong opinions about these notions of ownership of life and the use of the term "landrace". I think "landrace" belittles the work of previous generations of breeders and caretakers of agricultural stock. As if we are the first generation of people who have done something that gives us rights to own life forms. Bullshit and arrogance in extreme I say! Screw Monsanto and all the others wanting to follow their lead. The gall and the greed astounds me!

Less generally, and more specific to the Kanga/Bushy situation, there seems to have been an agreement and misinterpretation of said agreement, but it appears to me that there is an attempt to make good. I believe Kanga, and anyone else, has a right to profit from their own good work. But everyone else has a right to leverage said work towards their own ends. All it should take is further effort, and not just multiplying someone else's work without inbreeding selection efforts or outcrossing. Pure profit of someone else's efforts without putting in their own work is practically theft.

I have strong opinions, but I also recognize grey areas and differences of opinion.

I was gifted an outcross of something that Kanga worked on, something Neville worked on and something that Gypsy collected and sold, all rolled into one. Obviously, Gypsy risked his freedom in his collection of genetics. I recognize the contribution. What I was gifted was not anything pure, or had anyone's selection effort, if I understand correctly. As soon as one outcrosses, that is the start of the seed-line all going to hell unless the real work of breeding is started. I feel I can do what I like with it, but I would also do my part in any seed stock recovery. I doubt Kanga would be interested. I believe Neville didn't want the Gypsy Thai in the grail due to how wild, long ripening, and the small buds it had. I'm not anyone working with Bushy, just a lucky bystander to the generosity of his. I know for a fact Bushy felt he was keeping his promises by not giving anyone any pure line bred worked stock.

If even one person feels I'm out of line and should leave this thread, I'm out. However, I felt I had to defend the idea of everyone having the freedom to use genetics gifted to us by nature and the countless generations of caretakers of stock that never get the credit that they are due, and fight the idea that anyone can suddenly take ownership of life/genetics that have been passed on to us by the earth and all it's inhabitants over the long history of life on this planet.

ThaiBliss

Truer Words Not Spoken Often. Blessings and may Great Karma Bless your seed.

LT

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
It looks like he did both. I hate to see things degenerate like this. From the outside looking in, it seems there is hope for reconciliation.

I do have to strong opinions about these notions of ownership of life and the use of the term "landrace". I think "landrace" belittles the work of previous generations of breeders and caretakers of agricultural stock. As if we are the first generation of people who have done something that gives us rights to own life forms. Bullshit and arrogance in extreme I say! Screw Monsanto and all the others wanting to follow their lead. The gall and the greed astounds me!

Less generally, and more specific to the Kanga/Bushy situation, there seems to have been an agreement and misinterpretation of said agreement, but it appears to me that there is an attempt to make good. I believe Kanga, and anyone else, has a right to profit from their own good work. But everyone else has a right to leverage said work towards their own ends. All it should take is further effort, and not just multiplying someone else's work without inbreeding selection efforts or outcrossing. Pure profit of someone else's efforts without putting in their own work is practically theft.

I have strong opinions, but I also recognize grey areas and differences of opinion.

I was gifted an outcross of something that Kanga worked on, something Neville worked on and something that Gypsy collected and sold, all rolled into one. Obviously, Gypsy risked his freedom in his collection of genetics. I recognize the contribution. What I was gifted was not anything pure, or had anyone's selection effort, if I understand correctly. As soon as one outcrosses, that is the start of the seed-line all going to hell unless the real work of breeding is started. I feel I can do what I like with it, but I would also do my part in any seed stock recovery. I doubt Kanga would be interested. I believe Neville didn't want the Gypsy Thai in the grail due to how wild, long ripening, and the small buds it had. I'm not anyone working with Bushy, just a lucky bystander to the generosity of his. I know for a fact Bushy felt he was keeping his promises by not giving anyone any pure line bred worked stock.

If even one person feels I'm out of line and should leave this thread, I'm out. However, I felt I had to defend the idea of everyone having the freedom to use genetics gifted to us by nature and the countless generations of caretakers of stock that never get the credit that they are due, and fight the idea that anyone can suddenly take ownership of life/genetics that have been passed on to us by the earth and all it's inhabitants over the long history of life on this planet.

ThaiBliss

I think most of us feel the same. You are not at all out of line.

I only wish I had the pure MM to give back to Kanga.I don't. I have it crossed to something else.

I almost lost my hallmark strain and everything else last year to russets. OG Mango Haze. I ended up having to nuke my mothers last year, and wait several months for them to come back, and be clean so I could cut clones and save everything.

Kanga, You and Bushy can get through this. Aussies are tough

KITCHA

Veteran
I have some pure MM beans from an old-timer who was banana farmer in main arm Mullumbimby that I'm running this year. His take on the legend of MM is that is great herb no doubt but he believes the legend came about from farmers in Mullum who were making teas from magic mushies and the effects came out in the high / buds. I will post some pics of how they progress and look do some F2's indoor to share with Kanga if he is keen, Cheers Kit

LostTribe

Premium user
I have some pure MM beans from an old-timer who was banana farmer in main arm Mullumbimby that I'm running this year. His take on the legend of MM is that is great herb no doubt but he believes the legend came about from farmers in Mullum who were making teas from magic mushies and the effects came out in the high / buds. I will post some pics of how they progress and look do some F2's indoor to share with Kanga if he is keen, Cheers Kit

I may not vote on anymore threads today gents.

Best,
LT

Mimpi Manis

I think that was a very considered and well argued comment from ThaiBliss. Lets face it, almost everything we do in modern life is predicated and acted on off the contribution of someone else's efforts and energies. Personal agreements are something else of course. Not being witnesses, it is always going to be difficult to get an objective handle on the events.

In Oz atm, we have the unedifying spectacle of large corporations manufacturing cannabis products and making big moolah off decades of difficult (and dangerous) work by many people. Some of them had their lives ruined. Or were jailed for years. (Kangativa is a case in point). Some of them are still in jail. All for cultivating a plant that has possibly never killed a single human being... ever! Real and actual justice is still perversely subjective isn't it? As a user from the late 60's, I am thoroughly sick of it all. Never could I have imagined this pointless, abject stupidity would last so long!

The 'cannabis industry', such as it is, has given ethical behaviour as a good a shake as anyone. But lets face it, avoiding greed merchants, liars and opportunists is a human problem; long endured and relentless. But good intent and ethical behaviour does seem to be valued in this place - if the discussions I see are anything to go by? Interesting for an activity still regarded as highly illegal? Personally, I take some hope from the good intent and intelligent discourse I see here. Viva la revolution. Regards, Lj

gatts

Classic! :woohoo:

kickarse

FFS its not a real strain, its just a name flogs from up there, gave their pot to impress dickheads.

Fuck I've got some here, got it from up there 30 + years ago
was given to me as MM, but not once have I called it that, its just a northern NSW sativa

Its a legendary strain that NEVER was

kickarse

I'd imagine the breeder who spent time in jail for the strain might have a different opinion.

No idea why he went to jail, but I'd imagine it was for growing pot.

Don't think the coppers give a fuck what anyone calls their strains.

So it doesn't change the FACTS

kickarse

And I'm not bagging Kanga, I call his strain "Kangativa's Mullumbimby Madness"

You can call them what you like, but it doesn't change what they are

Last edited:

KITCHA

Veteran
It’s highly possible there are multiple versions/seed lines of the MM floating around. Mullumbimby was a weed Mecca back in the day and the MM was a term used for the high quality buds that were around at the time.

gatts

Sounds like you got burnt more times that you can count buying supposed MM, Kickarse!

The coppers took down the Don and now it looks like his mates are doing the same.

Classic Oz tall poppy syndrome.

KV is a true herbsman in my book.

All the rest is spin and bag seed.

kickarse

Sounds like you got burnt more times that you can count buying supposed MM, Kickarse!

The coppers took down the Don and now it looks like his mates are doing the same.

Classic Oz tall poppy syndrome.

KV is a true herbsman in my book.

All the rest is spin and bag seed.

Never bought it in me life, don't buy pot, had a cutting given to me once tho ?,
never heard of Kanga, know nothing about him, or his MM, plenty of people keep old strains, there would be a dozen MM's out there

its just a fucking name, its not a strain, as has been said on here, its what they called any half decent smoke from there

I'm certainly not about to rush out and buy any seeds of it that is for sure

as I said I'm not knocking anybody, don't really give two fucks about any of it, will stick to me Nambucca heads thanks

He might be the Steve Smith, or a Greg Chappell
but he isn't the Don, "i.e." the greatest of all time

:hide:

gatts

HaHa, I'm no cricket man.

I know what your getting at, and agree. I just like to think about where the bud comes from and the time that was invested in refining it, especially when it is done under prohibition. The guy had balls.

Sure MM was thrown around way too much but in whatever form it made its mark and it is great to know some of those old lines have been preserved.

Maybe I'm a bit too nostalgic, searching for old gear, sure beats collecting stamps and fucking coins!

Latest posts

Latest posts