What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kangativa's Mullumbimby Madness Grow

mack 10

Veteran
Hi Everybody,

On my first free day I have to stand up and have my say.

I worked with Nev on the understanding that we do the genetics together and if anything was to be released that had my strains in it I was to be part of it...well we all know what happened there and please dont think I am doing this because Nev has gone, you can be sure I had my say to him while he was around.
Now I find Bushweed has gone and done the same thing.

I had my life ripped apart by getting busted, lost my home, everything and the worst part is I havent been able to do what I love for 6 years.
I have had to rebuild my life from scratch, with no help from anybody, not even the people who are selling my genetics.....They walked all over me, because I trusted them and their word.

I see some of you are glad to see the genetics released, but I can assure you they would have been thanks to some very good friends who have done the right thing by me and I know they will be reading this so I say again thank you all, it is people like you that make this world a better place.

To all of the people on here who have welcomed me back, thank you so much it means the world to me. :tiphat:

My plans at the moment are to keep working for the man and it is highly probable I am moving to Europe next year, where I will continue work with the medical side of things and also continue work with Sativa's.....thats about it for now I have had my bitch, so to all of you Happy Growing,

Peace and Love,

Kanga

Wow. Sucks. Hope you get your just deserves.
Your grows always inspired me,

Everyone wants your beans too.
:ying:

bigherb

Veteran
Kanga

My brother great to know you are officially free

Nothing in life surprises me , today is a new day. You can breathe easy now

I’m very happy to know you will continue your in the path of your passion and the legacy of giant sativas . I hope you stick around and share your new endeavors and progress of your work

Blessings and best wishes always

1luvbigherb

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Kanga,

I feel bad about posting those pictures of the Gypsy Thai (your selection) cross that I have. I had no idea of the drama going on until these recent posts. Before this information, I just felt like the worst I was doing was promoting your work, or being a bit off topic since this thread was originally about Mullumbimby Madness.

PM me any time, when you get the reps.

Sincerely,

ThaiBliss

anurag

real life

real life

Kanga,

I feel bad about posting those pictures of the Gypsy Thai (your selection) cross that I have. I had no idea of the drama going on until these recent posts. Before this information, I just felt like the worst I was doing was promoting your work, or being a bit off topic since this thread was originally about Mullumbimby Madness.

PM me any time, when you get the reps.

Sincerely,

ThaiBliss

I was just stopping in here to look for information that would help me decide which of the MM crosses being offered at RGS to spend money on. Not!

I will wait for Mr Kangativa to offer his work somewhere and pay him.

Health and goodness to you Kangativa.

SmokeyAu

Kanga, glad your free mate, love your thread ThaiBliss, love your plants also, someday i might try photos, only way for that is gueralla for me

mack 10

Veteran
I was just stopping in here to look for information that would help me decide which of the MM crosses being offered at RGS to spend money on. Not!

I will wait for Mr Kangativa to offer his work somewhere and pay him.

Health and goodness to you Kangativa.

Whats RGS? Real Gorillas ?
(No reason, just wondered)

Dog Star

Veteran
Didnt a Bushweed advertised self as "healer".. like some spiritual being and helper..

those swing from spirituality to materialism seems pretty amazing..

Raho

Veteran
Kanga and Bushy are friends . . . I still hold out hope that they may work things out between them on this situation.

Hate seeing this kind of thing destroy old relationships.

Dog Star

Veteran
With this kind of friends who needs a enemy... LOL

And only dumb person will aloud to be tricked twice.. so mine advice to Kanga
will be to not even to try to made things on better... if they needed to be better
they will already be those way,real friends dont fuck up things while in same
time act spirituality...

Bushweed is busted with his hand in other person honey..

P

psilocybevybe

When Kanga gets out, he'll have access to better stock than when he was arrested...I have hundreds of his original seeds - MM, Oaxacan, Thai etc. Another guy has stellar selections of Kangas, which we've both been working. Sure Nevil has some patented cuts, but we have the original beans, plus many others...

KANGA: GIVE US A YELL WHEN AND IF U NEED THEM...OUT

and what did you do ?.....

Last edited:

KITCHA

Veteran
I wanted to share a note from Bushweed that I got as a response to a message I sent him seeing if he and Kanga could work it out, Peace Kitcha

P.s We are Aussies and there’s always a way to work through things. I hope Kanga can reach out to Bushy and sort it out.

As soon as I heard Kanga was pissed I directed real gorilla to pull them, but he has ignored it.

Kanga doesn't have a single seed of his own anymore, but I am happy to share every line I have with him, whether they relate to his work or not, that was always the case. However you can tell him on a thread preferably that whatever monies I collect from the MM OAXACAN I will give to him, we are both good friends of his old grow partner, and the offer to have access to everything I haves still stands, but you can also share this thought of mine, which is that Kangas breeding was well beyond anything Nevil achieved. That's my opinion anyway. Please share that thought mate.

You tell him that I will help him anyway I can to recover his collection, but the idea that any outcrosses of his work are still his is long gone.

sdd420

Veteran
I wanted to share a note from Bushweed that I got as a response to a message I sent him seeing if he and Kanga could work it out, Peace Kitcha

P.s We are Aussies and there’s always a way to work through things. I hope Kanga can reach out to Bushy and sort it out.

As soon as I heard Kanga was pissed I directed real gorilla to pull them, but he has ignored it.

Kanga doesn't have a single seed of his own anymore, but I am happy to share every line I have with him, whether they relate to his work or not, that was always the case. However you can tell him on a thread preferably that whatever monies I collect from the MM OAXACAN I will give to him, we are both good friends of his old grow partner, and the offer to have access to everything I haves still stands, but you can also share this thought of mine, which is that Kangas breeding was well beyond anything Nevil achieved. That's my opinion anyway. Please share that thought mate.

You tell him that I will help him anyway I can to recover his collection, but the idea that any outcrosses of his work are still his is long gone.
That’s messed up he should have preserved not crossed out

ThaiBliss

Veteran
That’s messed up he should have preserved not crossed out
It looks like he did both. I hate to see things degenerate like this. From the outside looking in, it seems there is hope for reconciliation.

I do have to strong opinions about these notions of ownership of life and the use of the term "landrace". I think "landrace" belittles the work of previous generations of breeders and caretakers of agricultural stock. As if we are the first generation of people who have done something that gives us rights to own life forms. Bullshit and arrogance in extreme I say! Screw Monsanto and all the others wanting to follow their lead. The gall and the greed astounds me!

Less generally, and more specific to the Kanga/Bushy situation, there seems to have been an agreement and misinterpretation of said agreement, but it appears to me that there is an attempt to make good. I believe Kanga, and anyone else, has a right to profit from their own good work. But everyone else has a right to leverage said work towards their own ends. All it should take is further effort, and not just multiplying someone else's work without inbreeding selection efforts or outcrossing. Pure profit of someone else's efforts without putting in their own work is practically theft.

I have strong opinions, but I also recognize grey areas and differences of opinion.

I was gifted an outcross of something that Kanga worked on, something Neville worked on and something that Gypsy collected and sold, all rolled into one. Obviously, Gypsy risked his freedom in his collection of genetics. I recognize the contribution. What I was gifted was not anything pure, or had anyone's selection effort, if I understand correctly. As soon as one outcrosses, that is the start of the seed-line all going to hell unless the real work of breeding is started. I feel I can do what I like with it, but I would also do my part in any seed stock recovery. I doubt Kanga would be interested. I believe Neville didn't want the Gypsy Thai in the grail due to how wild, long ripening, and the small buds it had. I'm not anyone working with Bushy, just a lucky bystander to the generosity of his. I know for a fact Bushy felt he was keeping his promises by not giving anyone any pure line bred worked stock.

If even one person feels I'm out of line and should leave this thread, I'm out. However, I felt I had to defend the idea of everyone having the freedom to use genetics gifted to us by nature and the countless generations of caretakers of stock that never get the credit that they are due, and fight the idea that anyone can suddenly take ownership of life/genetics that have been passed on to us by the earth and all it's inhabitants over the long history of life on this planet.

ThaiBliss

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
there seems to have been an agreement and misinterpretation of said agreement, but it appears to me that there is an attempt to make good.
I agree, unfortunately life brings errors and misunderstandings, but it's always nice to see two friends making peace

But everyone else has a right to leverage said work towards their own ends. All it should take is further effort, and not just multiplying someone else's work without inbreeding selection efforts or outcrossing. Pure profit of someone else's efforts without putting in their own work is practically theft

Surely, my selection (according to my personal tastes) of one of your "A" strains make it something of mine, but I must always specify that it is MY selection of YOUR strain "A"

I have strong opinions, but I also recognize grey areas and differences of opinion.

I believe that when you give your word, then you have to keep it, no matter if Sam, Arijan, Shanti or anyone else at the time did not keep it and broke the pact(this to connect us to another tread always relative to this thing)...
With these words I don't want to judge anyone, it's just my opinion, each of us does his actions and his choice...
Bless

P

psilocybevybe

Bushweed, your hatred for Nevil obviously has no boundaries...

you are what you do...and what did you do?

and are still doing?..sigh...mr wolf in sheeps clothing...

do you want to be the ONE?

Elucidate...please...

ozzieAI

Veteran
what in the world makes these (Bush weed) seeds so fucking expensive???

do they come in a golden chalice with free blow jobs???

almost tempted to buy some, breed and give away for free....just gotta win lotto first...

kanga...wish you all the best and hope your journey is full of joy and love...