What's new

Kangativa's Mullumbimby Madness Grow

bushweed

Veteran
Hi crazy shovel, Here's a post about big Qld sativas:

scrubdog said:
As for Aussie.... yes the Aussies had the best weed but it was a whole different world. Aussie weed was driven by the Mr Asia syndicate and the organised crime smuggling rings that followed. Some of the biggest commercial crops outside Asia were grown in Aussie during the 70's and 80's. The tropical weed coming out of the Queensland sugar cane belt was nothing short of magic. They had... and probably still have... a huge strain that supposedly came from Thailand. Queensland plants were the biggest I've ever seen and I've seen many 15 - 20 foot sativas over the years. That Queensland stuff was real Jack and the beanstalk seeds. As well as the biggest plants but also the biggest seeds I've ever seen apart from a few mutant Afghani seeds.

Commercial sativas that should grow large. Any sativas from Kanga and Nevil if you can find them...Thai strains from Real Seed Company. Thai stick, or Luang Prabang Laos from Gypsy Nirvana, Sam Skunkman's Thai Hz x Sk - seen it grow 6 meters in Spain, Zamaldelica from Ace. Destroyer from Cannabiogen. I'd check them out.

Mango x MM
picture.php

Mango x EMM
picture.php

OMM & MM
picture.php

picture.php

Hawaiian x Nam
picture.php

Thanks bushweed. Would i be correct in assuming that besides the importance of soil preperation, veging these big sativas for a long time helps getting them so massive. I've been sprouting beans in december, thinking that was early enough. But after reading this, i'm thinking that i should start sprouting september, let them start flowering and then let them grow through into veg again. I assume that was a result in kanga's method be sexing in august then letting them go through to winter again. I've checked the strains you mentioned, thanks for the feedback. One question for you though. The Meao thai seems to be the male parent in the strains. How much genetics of the meao will carry over in these? Should i be searching for a strain with the female parent being Meao?

Its exciting to hear that Kangativa and Neville Schoenmakers are thinking of releasing their strains. Is there any time fram that you're aware of?

Hope Kanga isn't laying low for all the wrong reasons ....

Those BIG Sats you guys grow up North Look AMAZING!
I would love to get my hands on them seeds and try growing one down South Next season!

slshemup

reply for good outdoor strain from seedbanks

A couple of good ones for OZ conditions from seedbanks are Mr Nice Mango Haze Regular Seeds & Mr Nice Nevilles Haze Regular Seeds.Remember to get the big size plants you need to be starting from seed in late August or early september.

Cheers

slshemup

Sorry fo the double post dont know how that happened,i kept getting a page saying "this service is temporarily unavainable"A couple of good ones for OZ conditions from seedbanks are Mr Nice Mango Haze Regular Seeds & Mr Nice Nevilles Haze Regular Seeds.Remember to get the big size plants you need to be starting from seed in late August or early September.December is way to late for Big Plants.
Cheers

Last edited:

slshemup

Sam the SkunkMan

Sam the SkunkMan

I see Sam the Skunkman getting a mention here,well if its the real Sam The Skunkman he was the owner of Super Sativa Seed Club back in 1990 and my last order to him was AU$1260.00 in cash hidden in carbon paper as requested and i received nothing and he would not reply to my letters plus when i would ring the phone number in the SSSC Cataloge i would get some Dutch Head Shop that claimed they knew nothing of SSSC or him.So How about a responce to what i have written above from Sam The Skunkman.I would really like to hear what he has to say seeing he's a jettsetting Millionare these days.

Waiting for over 20 years for a reply from Sam The Skunkman. Quote:If i have put the wrong name to SSSC thats my mistake no drama!

Thanks slshemup. So do you think it's possible that i could already be on the right track with the strains i've been trying. Arjan's hae#1 , Hawaiian X Maui Waui, full moon etc are all sativa dominant strains.Do you think they would re-veg. I know if i sprout beens Aug/Sept there are going to completely finish, or near finish. Will they at any stage go past the point of no return to re-veg or do you think they would be right? Or is this why using 100% sativa with long flowering times will enable them to reveg in Nov before they finish. i gues what i'm trying to say is will the strains i have now re-veg if sprouted in Aug/Sep or do i need something a bit longer flowering for it to happen? The strains i have now all finish in 8-11 weeks. Sorry if this sounds repeditive or confusing...

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I see Sam the Skunkman getting a mention here,well if its the real Sam The Skunkman he was the owner of Super Sativa Seed Club back in 1990 and my last order to him was AU$1260.00 in cash hidden in carbon paper as requested and i received nothing and he would not reply to my letters plus when i would ring the phone number in the SSSC Cataloge i would get some Dutch Head Shop that claimed they knew nothing of SSSC or him.So How about a responce to what i have written above from Sam The Skunkman.I would really like to hear what he has to say seeing he's a jettsetting Millionare these days.

Waiting for over 20 years for a reply from Sam The Skunkman.

Don't worry about it...just write it off.

At least you didn't get a knock on the door from police, customs or quarantine.

People are comstantly getting busted for seed importation, the beagles are good....that's why I don't do it.

I wouldn't worry about something 20 years agoe...shit...I was in the army then and that was pretty fucked up...but I don't hold it against them.

slshemup

Gotta be pure Sativas

Gotta be pure Sativas

really you want pure Sativas for really big plants.when you use seed that comes from the northern hemispere it will freak out a bit and start to flower early,what you do is look around the bottom half of the plant and you notice it is where it will reveg the quickest so you cut of all the most advanced buds around the top half etc of the plant and it will reveg quicker as it has less flowering hormones in the bottom half.now what you do is keep the male pollen of the male sativas you have and when your big females are advanced enough to show the early white hairs in flowering around 3 to 4 weeks into flowering you pollinate a few branches on you big sativa females.the seed you get from them is Southern hemispere acclimatized seed to here and will grow heaps bigger and better than your original northern hemispere seed stock.only cross this with other big variety sativas you have done the same to and within a few years you will have a selection of wicked big sativa varieties that would make anybody happy.good haze etc takes around 11 to 14 weeks for flowering alone.

Last edited:

slshemup

The Super Sativa Seed Club (SSSC) breeder collective, located in the Hague, continued the work done by Sacred Seeds and became famous for their Durban x Thai varieties as well as the legendary William's Wonder and M39. (Hightimes)
OK fair enough still theres no proof he was not a partner of SSSC.The SSSC still has a email address for contact.Yes i know i had contact with SSSC with prior orders no problem.my last order was a total different storie as i stated.I dont live in the past though all this brought back a few old memories some good some bad such is life.

cheers

slshemup

Yeah afew people that i know of that have had seed imported recently dont receive the odd ones they put that down to customs confiscating them being their mail tracking numbers show they made it into the country.

cheers

slshemup

Kangativas Mullumbimby Maddness

Kangativas Mullumbimby Maddness

For sure it would be great to get hold of some Kangativas Mullumbimby Maddness non hermie seeds.gave some of Ks Msativa a bash years ago what a wast of time and work that was I'm not into hermie corn cob.

cheers

G

Guest50138

At least you didn't get a knock on the door from police, customs or quarantine.

People are comstantly getting busted for seed importation, the beagles are good....that's why I don't do it.

could you qualify that statement in any way whatsoever? I'm calling bullshit!

ahortator

Veteran
Hello everybody

Hi Highcountry.

Hi Bushweed. I hope that Kanga feels well and he will come back soon. I would like to see his work with the Thai.

Greetings.

bushweed

Veteran
While Mango and Nev's Hz are connoisseur smokes (why I had them in my garden when I started out) neither are pure sativas, mh =62.5%, nh =75%,consequently they don't grow huge like the old Oz sats from SE Asia. The largest we have seen is 13 footers, they also die off over winter unless cloned.

MM1
picture.php

picture.php

MM1xMM2
picture.php

picture.php

MMxOaxacan & MM
picture.php

Hi crazy shovel, Here's a post about big Qld sativas:

Kangativa is laying low for a while, for how long I'm not sure. To answer your question I would recommend a few commercial strains for their size and potency: Anything that has Meao Thai in it, Meao Thai is an old school Oz sourced Thai sativa held by Cannabiogen and Ace seeds in Spain. Donksat on Ace seeds vendor forum here is growing Golden Tiger (Meao Thai x Malawi Gold) among others in NSW and they are pretty sizeable plants. Plus they have the potency. Sam Skunkman's Thai Hz x Sk - seen it grow 6+ meters in Spain, also has good reports for potency. I'd check them out in that order. Maybe also Tom Hill's Hz might grow large in Qld.

Eventually Kangativa and Neville Schoenmakers will be bringing out some of their old school sat lines, and they should be killer too:gday:

hey champ, what can you tell us about the meao thai being OZ sourced? all i thought i knew is that it was early 90's highland thai? ace doesnt have that meao thai male anymore but it left its mark thats for sure. i have some golden tiger f1's starting right now. pretty sure i'll be getting some double thai, another meao hybrid as well.

i was going to ask about the mns hazes you mentioned but thought pretty much as you said. i would probably add real seed co. mango thai and red thai(if that one does get released), although the mango apparently has smaller mutant type plants in the line as well. i remember you said you had mango thai stick, where you talking bout real seeds version, or did you acquire some yourself?

last of all ive kinda been imagining kanga crossing that giant mm plant/line with the red thai, i want to see monsters!

cheers

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
quote=very oldman;4962687]could you qualify that statement in any way whatsoever? I'm calling bullshit![/quote]

Here's one for a start.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/07/07/151921_news.html

There was another case a year or so back in Victoria. Seeds intercepted in the mail in Melbourne but sent on to who ever ordered it. Property put under surveillance for a few months then search warrants issued right on harvest time.

It happens.