What's new

Kangativa's 2010-11 Outdoor Grow

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah i think most of this stuff was just sand, i used a mattock to loosen up the surface while my mates unleashed with shovels and pitch fork, one flipping over everything and the other sifting it with the pitch fork to get roots and other stuff out. i think i went to about 1ft max. i'm thinking i'll go to the hardware store and lash out on a few bags of 5in1 organic ferts and amend with that, and dolomite, and maybe buy some organic potting soil, or if i feel cheap i'll just go flog some from somewhere else, like a mate's backyard or something. any suggestions with respect to mulch? cheers mate :D

darwin

vgxudwglnvdu

Hi fellas
pullin up a chair ,mmm days gettin longer an warmer .Love the logs Kanga keep up the good work!
Ps I`ll be pullin my winter op bout the time you get into ground .Then the fun will begin 10/11 ye ha.
Elmer

Kangativa

Veteran
Strains

Strains

Hi all....Well the seeds are now in and soaking so I thought I would put up the list of what has been soaked.......Swazi Red, Swazi skunk, Zambian Copper, Kariba Suprise, Ghana, Pongo, Lebanese red sativa, pure Panama red sativa, Kali Mist circa 97-98, Old timer haze #1, Fet 303, lowland nam black, SSH, Nev's Haze, Black W, critical mass, Mango haze, critical haze, Afghanskunk x afghan haze, Nepalese, Malana cream, Pakistani, Afghani, 4 types of Thai strains, Chocolupe and a selection of my own crosses and of course MM.
That should keep me busy and happy...cheers K

Last edited:

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
dammmmmmmmmm and i thought I had a list and half to drop this year :)

that panama red pure is something i bet most would trade there mother for LOL ;)

cant wait for some pics mate

DUGG

Impressive list there Kanga! theres a few strains in there i wouldnt mind sampling hahaha .. good luck with the grow!

Kangativa

Veteran
Hey guys thanks heaps......you cant belive how excited I am to be able to do some of these strains:dance013:

I actually left a few out, so here is the top up.....Jamacan Blue Mountain, Ortega, Malawi Gold, Shanti's Mazar, NL x HZ AC and a Hashplant x Haze.
The mazar was collected by Nev on a trip to that area with a photographer.
I already have a Afghani skunk x afghani haze sprouted after 24 hrs:)

Last edited:

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
woow :D lol kanga your collection is amazing mate! very excited to see them grow, almost wish i could fast forward to late autumn next year haha

Kangativa

Veteran
Lol.....Dont we both mate, but of couse where is the fun in that......bit like wham bang thank you maam:)

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Lol.....Dont we both mate, but of couse where is the fun in that......bit like wham bang thank you maam:)

haha too right mate, it's the journey that counts, you aim for the end but don't wanna reach it too fast for fear of then having nothing to do!

bushweed

Veteran
Yeah I popped some seeds in last week - they're already 12 foot plus with metre long heads all ready to harvest - I just feel so empty about it....

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
those strains sound almost orgasmic :O delicious indeed, cant wait to see how these ladies do when they are in.

Kangativa

Veteran
Well it was a great day today, nice rain, sprouting seeds and the 8 yr old Africans are germanating after only 48hrs:dance013:

I thought I would put up some pics of the seed mix I do.
I have seen over the yrs that MJ just loves to grow on the banks of streams, rivers or in fertile valleys that have had rivers flow them at some time in history, so I like to base my starting mix on that theory. First I go down to my creek and get a load of pure creek sand from the bank and into that I mix at a ratio of 2 parts sand to 1 part horse, cow manure that I find dry in the paddocks.
I just throw it into a cement mixer and out comes nice dark looking sand/compost mix. I then put this into 24oz cups, I find that because they are nice and tall the tap root can go down unhindered for a depth of about 8-10 inches. I have found that this seems to produce a 80% female to male ratio......not good if you are looking for that perfect stud.
The mixture will never burn the seedlings and they grow fast, it also absorbs water quickly if they accidently dry out.
I have also include some pics of the seeds soaking. I have them on a table with a electric blanket under them.....cheap and easy to control temps. The plate on the heating tray is the old African seeds. I thought because they are used to a hot African sun more warmth was needed. Shanti's strains are just about all in and that is after 24hrs as are a few others.......anyway here are the pics, compost first.

Attachments

• compost (8).jpg
    compost (8).jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Creek Sand.jpg
    Creek Sand.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 15
  • seed mix 001.jpg
    seed mix 001.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 14
  • seed mix 002.jpg
    seed mix 002.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 17

Kangativa

Veteran
Here are the pics of the seeds soaking.....so far everything is showing at least a couple or all seeds cracking open, I like to get the seed in the soil as soon as it cracks, I dont like to see long tap roots.

Attachments

• seed mix 003.jpg
    seed mix 003.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 14
  • seed mix 004.jpg
    seed mix 004.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 15

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
man this thread should be a sticky if it isn't already :)

some great info here that even a newb can follow :)

hope everyone is as excited as i am :)

loving it kangativa :D