What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kalyx - Goji OG Grow Log - First Summer Newbie Bud Contest

Kalyx

@RandomMan - Thanks Buddy I appreciate it. Its going to be a great football season thats for sure. My house is always open to ya, going to need some help smoking all of this.

@Gardening Angel - Thanks GA I'm right there with ya love her bud structure. I would say she isn't nearly as floppy or viney as the Og cuts but you can see the Og in her. I'm really glad I tied her to bamboo though she is starting to flop all over the place.

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
Word. If I ever get a day off work it'd be worth the trek. Maybe by the time playoffs roll around. Love that neck of the woods when it cools down a little!

Again, high praises on a great grow. Way to stick with it and make the best of things. Time to enjoy that sticky-icky!

Kalyx

Update 9/21 - Day 112 - Flower Day 72/76

Goji Og #3

Good times indeed this girl is very yellow and very close to being finished. There will be another update very soon on chop day, that will be within a couple days. She is looking absolutely amazing her smell is nothing short of intoxicating. She has really been swelling up and putting on lots of weight, her buds are like rocks. Some of her lower branches that were not tied up have fallen over. She was given a watering today and likely will come down when she has dried out.

She is still shooting out white hairs adding a crazy structure to the buds. She is deceptively frosty, you can tell she is caked but once you look closer in the right light you see she is just oozing resin. The colors this girl is putting off is impressive she is a beauty to be hold, she has yet to let me down. Her smells are strong and intoxicating a mixing pot of many great smells. She has that Og funk going on mixing with a creamy buttery berry skunk, its so complex and hard to describe.

Her smell is very unique and Im thinking she might be something special can't wait to find out.

picture.php

picture.php

Man down... man down... I mean.. Branch down...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.

Kalyx

Update Continued 9/22 - Day 113 - Flower Day 73/77

Goji Og #3

I love this plant so much, she has come such a long way and it's almost at a bitter sweet moment with her cycle nearly complete. I had hoped for more than one female from the 4 seeds I popped. What I lacked in numbers of phenos I feel this girl is a real winner. She has made me proud as a little seedling and blown me away as a massive flower producing female. She has been strong fast and vigorous, she does not seem to be sensitive or finicky to grow. Just giving her a lot of love and she is rewarding me with some incredibly unique flower. I do plan to re-veg her, that way if she is special I wont lose her, I have a feeling she will be a keeper.

This girl has been a champion for me, I am very anxious to be able to smoke her and see how good she is. A great plant and very easy to grow, she can take good feedings without ill effects. She isn't fussy or slowed down by anything is extremely vigorous and fast growing. She responded great to topping, and has a great organized growth structure good branching and a big stretcher right around 300% stretch with her. She has a great calyx to leaf ratio which will make her a breeze to trim. The size and density of her buds are very impressive rock hard and just keep putting on the weight every week. She doesn't necessarily require any staking or tying down, her main branches seem to be able to hold there own weight fairly well. Just this week some of her lower branches started falling over under their own weight. I feel some sort of support while not necessary can be very beneficial.

She has been an amazing plant to grow, so excited to smoke her and see how she taste and what her high is like. Everything about her this far has been a winner so I don't think she will be a let down when smoked. Im really looking forward to be able to run this girl again.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

More updates coming of chop day soon.

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
IC needs a droolin' smiley (or if they have one, I haven't seen it)...

Great looking flowers (as always). Also doing a great job not rushing them. :tiphat:

Maina

Veteran
Very nice, excellent pictures! Always pisses me off when people brag about how much the pull and how big the rooms are and they take the damn pictures with some cheap ass five dollar phone and then post it. ! Shit drives me nuts!

Very nice! Trying to follow in your footsteps Kalyx! I'm a few weeks behind you at least. I planted 6 and got 2 fems which are exploding now in flower. Just posted some shots over in the bodhi thread. Both of mine have the rotten fruit smell which I dig.

Kalyx

@RandomMan - Thanks buddy always appreciated, I agree a drooling smiley would be awesome. It has been a hard wait for her to finish up almost there. My wait will pay off with great quality and amazing tasting bud, that Im confident of.

@Pedrero - Thanks a lot man, I am really loving the yellows with the pinks and purples on the underside of her leaves. She is a pretty girl really showing it off these past couple of weeks. She has been a blast to grow, I hope she turns out close to as nice as your gem.

@Maina - Thank you very much I do appreciate the kind words on the photos. I do spend a lot of time usually trying to get quality photos. I will be honest I do use a camera on a device, a good camera but it does take a lot of work and the lighting can be a pain. I do plan on upgrading the camera very soon, I tend to get really picky with pictures and would love to be able to snap some good macro shots. I don't grow for yield or making money I grow cause I love to and want quality smoke for myself and friends. I just want to detail and showcase the beauty of my plants as best I can for the benefit of the community.

@staggarlee - Hey thank you loving this plant so far, really looking forward to popping more beans in the future and seeing what else I find. Would love to see how your girls are coming along heading over to the Bodhi thread to check them out now. I loved how my girl started out slow in flower, took forever to sex but has just exploded. Im with you on digging the smells so unique, lots of familiar smells just in an unfamiliar combination.

Kalyx

Update 9/28 - Day 119 - Flower Day 79

Goji Og #3 - Harvest Day

Today was a great day, a long awaited, full of fun and yet a bittersweet day. I always find it a happy and sad time when cutting plants down. I find it great and full filling to finally chop a plant after lots of hard work and time, being able to reap your rewards. It is also sad to see such a beautiful magnificent plant that you have loved and babied for so many months come down. It leaves a void in the garden and part of the heart. Today being 9/28 and the Summer Newbie Bud Contest coming to a close on 9/30 this will be my final update for the competition. I will still post an update with dried bud shots and a smoke report in the next week or two. I really wanted to be able to have a smoke report by the close of the competition but she took a couple weeks longer than expected. These are how things go they can't be rushed we have to work around the plants schedule instead of mine.

Overall all she was a wonderful plant to grow, I had high expectations from the very beginning for this strain and was never let down. This girl was very easy to grow, had some crazy vigor and not fussy or finicky in the slightest. In terms of growing I would have to rate her vigor very highly, she has good branching, lots of stretch. Appearance and smell with this girl couldn't get much better, she is completely frosted and has a very loud stink to her. By the looks of things she is going to be a great producer, her flowers have become incredibly dense over the past few weeks. The only thing I am unsure of with her, which is the most important part is how she smokes. Judging by the appearance, colors, smells and frost coverage, her terpenes are so complex and unique I don't think she will disappoint. The only negative I would say about her is a tad long on the flowering side. She was grown from seed and Im thinking that a following run of her will shave off some time and put her closer to the 70 day mark which is very respectable.

Time to get the show started.....

You can see she has some lean to her.... she is still propped up against one of the stakes in this picture.

picture.php

All I can say is this is one heavy girl, glad I tied her up she really needed it at the end. As soon as she was cut free she flopped completely over, I didn't realize how bad she needed the stakes.

picture.php

Really love the Og structure of her nugs, so dense they feel like rocks. Great calyx to leaf ratio she will be a breeze to manicure.

picture.php

Completely frosted just oozing and dripping sticky resin.

picture.php

She smells amazing that lemmony Og funk is really coming through.

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.

Kalyx

Update Continued 9/28 - Day 119 - Flower Day 79

Goji Og #3 - Harvest Day

The smell on her is so strong, so unique it really has me impressed and anxious to sample her. Her terps really developed and changed a lot throughout the grow, the past few weeks had remained fairly the same. That smell was an amazing funky, creamy, berry, pine, menthol and Og mix that really blended into one unique odor. The past week she has maintained that smell while the lemony skunky og funk has come on strong to the front of the mix in the past couple of days. I was really enjoying her smells before but Im loving the way its progressed, makes me very happy I waited and gave her another week to ripen. Im going to be like a kid waiting for Santa for her to get ready, so excited to she how she smells after a good cure.

This is a strain I would highly recommend to anyone to give a go and grow out. I have not sampled her yet and I ended up with only one female pheno from the 4 seeds popped. I have seen enough to know there is great potential in this cross, Im looking forward to running her and more Goji seeds again. She is such a beautiful and easy plant to grow, has great vigor, excellent structure, plenty of frost and intoxicating smells. Add that to the fact she is not fussy or difficult and good for any skill level, why wouldn't you want to grow her? I have had so much fun with this grow and this plant, I had very lofty expectations that she has met. Doing this log and competition to document and share my experiences with her has been a blast. I do want to thank all my friends and fellow ICer's that have tagged along on this grow with me. I appreciate all the support, help, advice and kind words, I have learned a lot over the past few months.

Some final sexy bud shots to close out the update.

picture.php

I love the colors of her buds and the silvery look added by her frost.

picture.php

Those are some seriously big trichomes she is rocking.

picture.php

She filled in so nicely almost no larf, solid nugs from top to bottom.

picture.php

Looks like candy on a stick to me I just want to take a big bite.

picture.php

Final update with dry shots and smoke report coming soon.

Kalyx

@adrenaline - Thank you, she was a blast to grow really looking forward to popping more Goji in the near future. Really interested to try out other strains in Bodhi's Og synthesis series to see the differences the different Og cuts produce in the cross.

@sourpuss - Thanks a lot sourpuss I really appreciate it, was a blast to do this log and grow this girl. I vote you get some Goji so we can all see you work your magic with them.:biggrin:

S

sourpuss

@kalyx doubt my goji would look anything like that... can u send me some pics to use:)

Kalyx

@kalyx doubt my goji would look anything like that... can u send me some pics to use:)

Im sure they would look amazing... my tip is I let her do all the work for me I just tried not to screw it up... LMAO on the pictures I think I took more than enough so I can send you some.:biggrin: