What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kalyx - Goji OG Grow Log - First Summer Newbie Bud Contest

Kalyx

Hi all,
I had already started a Summer Grow log covering the 5 strains I'm currently running, before news broke of this Newbie Bud Contest. I will still be running that log for anyone interested in following. This log will be following the 4 Goji OG plants by Bodhi Seeds for the summer competition. All 4 of these plants were started from seed and broke ground on 5/31.

This grow is being done in soil, seeds started in BlackGold Seedling Mix. The plants have now been transplanted into larger pots using Roots Organics Greenfields with added perlite, vermiculite and earthworm castings.

Plants are being grown in a 60x60x80 grow tent.

Lighting being used is a HPS/MH switchable balast with 1000w HPS and MH bulbs. Using a air cooled reflector hood.

These are shots of the Goji at just over a week old.

picture.php
picture.php

Around day 12 started experiencing some issues with a lot of the seedlings. Some of them wilting and some of them yellowing on lower leaf sets. My initial reaction to their appearance was over-watering or possibly a nute deficiency. There were also some temperature issues from day 9-12, it was too cold in the room, temps in the low 60's sometimes dipping below at night. They were also watered from cold water sitting on the concrete floor. I believe this had caused some of the stress but the plants were still showing the stress. Being that at the time the plants were not even 2 weeks old, I see in no way it being a nutrient issue. The problem ended up being the seedling mix, it was not draining evenly or properly, even with added perlite. I also think the PH from the peat moss was not agreeing with the little seedlings.

These were taken at about 2 weeks all 4 of the Goji. The lighting in these pictures isn't very good but you can see some of the wilting and yellowing.

picture.php

Kalyx

Individual shots of the Goji at 2 weeks

Goji OG #2 - This one just had a little wilt to it also starting to smell like a skunk.
picture.php

Goji OG #1 - This and #2 have the most vigor a little yellow and slight wilt.
picture.php

Goji OG #3 - This one had the most yellowing as you can see on bottom leaf.
picture.php

Goji OG #4 - This is the runt of the group already starting to stink.
picture.php

Kalyx

All plants were transplanted into bigger pots and a better soil mix on 6/22 just over 3 week old.

Due to a very hectic week, the transplanting had been put off 4 days from when I had originally planned. The stress my seedlings had suffered had slowed their growth down some, transplanting sooner would had probably prevented that, thus is life. Sometimes I wish I could spend all my time tucked away taking care of my plants, but work and responsibilities suck sometimes, I'm sure everyone can understand.

All plants were moved into larger pots, using Roots Organic Greenfields soil mix with added, perlite, vermiculite and earthworm castings.

Today, 2 days following the transplant all plants are recovering well. Most are showing little to no stress from the transplant. Most have perked up considerably and seem very happy in their new homes.

Hopefully all the plants will recover quickly and get back the vigor they had showed during their first week. They are not quite as large as they should be right now for their age.

I will have new pictures up soon. Had initially planned to take photos during the transplant and get those all posted up. Well transplant turned into a nightmare, numerous different trips to garden shop, moldy bag of soil, as well as some other issues I wont bore anyone with. That being said I will try my best to get new pictures up for everyone a little later this week. More pics coming no later than this weekend, hopefully much sooner but work responsibilities will dictate how much time I have.

Kalyx

Hey Kalyx,

I'll be pulling up a seat for the show.

BayBHuey

Thank you sir.

Things should start to get interesting here in the next few weeks once flowering begins.

Very excited for these Goji and their potential. Most of them have a great stink to them already.
:tiphat:

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
I am excited to see how the Goji turns out for you. I literally ordered a pack yesterday cause I just loved the frost I saw in her picture.

Never had Bodhi seeds before so I am excited to try a new breeder. Is this your first run of Bodhi or have you run their other gear?

BayBHuey

Kalyx

I am excited to see how the Goji turns out for you. I literally ordered a pack yesterday cause I just loved the frost I saw in her picture.

Never had Bodhi seeds before so I am excited to try a new breeder. Is this your first run of Bodhi or have you run their other gear?

BayBHuey

This is my first official run of Bodhi gear. I have sampled a number of his finished products before. Those had impressed me and led me to discovering him as a breeder. Has been a long time coming to finally have the chance to run his gear, so really excited.

The problem is I want to try so many of his crosses, making the decision process on a purchase and what to drop in the dirt first very tough.:biggrin:

Kalyx

Everything is coming along great since the transplant on 6/22. All plants recovered quickly are very happy and showing lots of vigor.

The stress has slowed down their growth, they are a few days behind where they should be. That being said, all plants have recovered fully and growth is beginning to explode. VERY HAPPY!

If all goes to plan they will be topped with in the week, then plan on starting 12/12 about a week later.:woohoo:

Should have a new round of pictures up a little later this evening.

Kalyx

Not sure why these pictures loaded sideways but here they are.

All 4 of the Goji OG at day 24. You can see they are a little stunted but doing much better growth is really starting to explode. These pictures were taken 48 hours after transplant.

Goji OG #1
picture.php

Goji OG #2
picture.php

Goji OG #3
picture.php

Goji OG #4
picture.php

Last edited:
Lookin good!

Goji was my fist time running a Bodhi strain too, now Im hooked. His gear is all real solid.

I def recommend giving them plenty of root space. Flower em in the biggest container you can!! 5-7 gal at least!!!

Its great smoke

Ill be watching this grow for sure!!

Kalyx

Thanks Ont_Grow_Guy I appreciate it.

I am very excited and happy with them they are really starting to explode, have them in some large containers but will start flowering soon on this run.

Day 28
All 4 plants are really starting to stink, growth is exploding right now.
Today I topped all 4 of the Gojis right at the 6th node. Topping appears to have gone very well will see how they respond over the next week.

The plan is to start flowering a week from today at Day 35. Hooray the show is about to really start!:woohoo:

Planning to do an update with pictures on wed 7/2 is everything sticks to schedule. I will have pics up before the weekend.

Peton

Nice work Kalyx!

My gojis started growing like mad around after 3 weeks in veg. Watch out for stretch if you have problem with height. Some phenos does, some doesn't. I forced flower at 25 days in veg, but i did not see any signs of sex until 2 weeks in 12/12, and males males first.

Kalyx

Nice work Kalyx!

My gojis started growing like mad around after 3 weeks in veg. Watch out for stretch if you have problem with height. Some phenos does, some doesn't. I forced flower at 25 days in veg, but i did not see any signs of sex until 2 weeks in 12/12, and males males first.

Thanks Peton appreciate the kindness!

Ya had some issues with original soil but they have really exploded from day 21 to 28.
Don't have height issues luckily got 80 inches in the tent so no issues there.

Problem is not sure how many males/females I will have so could end up being a little crowded if I get a lot of females.

Expecting about 300% stretch with basically all the plants in this grow.

Hoping all the ladies make a nice recovery from the topping they got on day 28.

If so planning to start 12/12 cycle which would come out to day 35. really hoping I don't have to wait another week to flower.

Kalyx

DAY 35 UPDATE

Plants were topped at day 28 and recovered very nicely.

All these pictures are from day 35.

Today I switched the tent light from the 1000w MH bulb to the 1000w HPS for flower.
Lights will go off this evening at the normal time, they will receive their first day of 12/12 tomorrow on monday July 7.
The Goji are supposed to be right around 9 weeks or 63 days, so hoping during second week of september will be able to chop.
(of course the trichomes will be dictating when its time to come down)
Branching has really started off well and expecting the plants to really explode of the next few weeks.
Hopefully I will have lots of females or a good number, all of these plants really have a nice funky skunk smell, really starting to stink.

Pull up a seat the real show is about to begin.....

Goji OG 1

picture.php

Goji OG 2

picture.php

Goji OG 3

picture.php

Goji OG 4

picture.php

Kalyx

Some updated shots of the Goji Day 37

New tops and branching are really starting to explode on all the plants.

Goji #1 looks like this one will have 4 tops just hope its a she.

picture.php

Goji #1 side shot

picture.php

Sorry for the sideways pictures still not sure why that keeps happening.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts