What's new

Kal’s mini tent of small wonders

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
12 days of flower so far. Looking like a cabbage patch as usual.

IMG_5500.jpeg

Did a little bending this morning which is why one of the underdog / sherb is facing sideways.

The cherry ak / sherb are doing good. Left hand more lanky than the squat sister. Big fan leaves on the left girl.

IMG_5501.jpeg

The sherb / underdog urkle are doing ok as well. Again, the right plant is more lanky than her sister.

IMG_5502.jpeg

Heard Blazeitpanda talking about this cross in one of the latest episodes of breeders syndicate. It was his least favourite from the three that he made with his selection of underdog urkle. The mother was a bag seed sherb, so not a proper cut. Hopefully these turn out at least ok..

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Stretch has started, but all remain somewhat well behaved.

Before defoliating

IMG_5506.jpeg

After defoliating

IMG_5507.jpeg

IMG_5509.jpeg

Always amazes me how I can cut off handfuls of leaves and it makes little difference in the photos.

You might not be able to tell, but I snapped the main branch of one of the sherb / underdog urkles - second from right 🙄

Getting lovely sweet smells opening the tent. Thinking they’re coming from the cherry ak sherb side :)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Afternoon (or morning, depending on your time zone)

Sorely tempted to get a new tent with a little more height. I’ve got one in mind and wondering if I should bother. It’ll only be 20cm extra with the rest of the dimensions being more of less the same. In my world 20cm is a lot 😅 Would allow a new light a bit more space to sit at the top. Going to be expensive all round if I suddenly splurge on new tent, light and veg cab (another halted project).

Anyway, here’s the plants at just a little under 4 weeks flower.

IMG_5526.jpeg

Cherry ak / sherb

IMG_5527.jpeg

Sunset Sherb / Underdog Urkle

IMG_5528.jpeg

All going well except the far right SS/UDE that monster stretched to close to the light, and is now looking mag deficient. Hopefully have that sorted soon.

Smells are starting to show a bit. Best smell and structure so far coming from the far left and biggest cherry ak sherb. She smells sweet with something coming through on the backend. She looks like she takes more after the mother ak. This is her below..

IMG_5529.jpeg

Her sister smells like rotting ass and isn’t nearly as happy. Got a weird structure too and was the last to show flower.

Both the SS / UDE are muted and hashy with slight fruity thing going on. Nothing that interesting about them yet.

Have good weekends 😌

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Quick shot of the Sunset Sherb / Underdog Urkle. Structurally this plant is well suited to my tiny tent. The it doesn’t branch much after onset of flower and all the stems have golf ball type nugs. Easy to grow and nice flower to leaf ratio. Thinking she leans more toward the Headband urkle side of the cross. She smells of sweet purple tennis balls. Quite a nice smell.

IMG_5550.jpeg

More pics soon..

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
So here’s some pretty bad follow up shots. Can’t seem to get the angle.

From left to right:

CSI Cherry AK x Sherb (1)
Really sweet cherry aroma. Definitely leaning to the Cherry ak.

IMG_5581.jpeg

Cherry AK x Sherb (2)
This one looks like a completely different plant. Leaning toward the sherb side. She stayed short and then went super stretch and took over all the others in height. Smells generic fruity, but not unpleasant.

IMG_5580.jpeg

IMG_5579.jpeg

Blaze it Panda Sunset Sherb s1 x Underdog Urkle (second from left)
Smells like purple plastic fruit.. or something. This is the plant that I snapped a branch off. She’s suffered a bit from over ferting and has small hard cookie like buds. Not very pretty

IMG_5578.jpeg

This last plant is my fave. She’s running easy trim golf balls all up her stems. Smells like musty tennis balls and urm.. purple..

IMG_5582.jpeg

IMG_5577.jpeg

Played around with the pics a bit to try and get a better turn out.

Looks like they’re going to go ten weeks..

window

Veteran
Nice mate👍
I’ve never smelled cherry in weed, sounds delicious 😋
I think I know the ‘Purple’ smell you speak of?
I used to say some weed tasted Purple to me,
NL hybrids mostly, probably because it reminds me of Parma Violet sweets/candy, maybe even Turkish Delight? Lol
Rose flavour, I think?

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
So here’s some pretty bad follow up shots. Can’t seem to get the angle.

From left to right:

CSI Cherry AK x Sherb (1)
Really sweet cherry aroma. Definitely leaning to the Cherry ak.

View attachment 18903044

Cherry AK x Sherb (2)
This one looks like a completely different plant. Leaning toward the sherb side. She stayed short and then went super stretch and took over all the others in height. Smells generic fruity, but not unpleasant.

View attachment 18903046

View attachment 18903048

Blaze it Panda Sunset Sherb s1 x Underdog Urkle (second from left)
Smells like purple plastic fruit.. or something. This is the plant that I snapped a branch off. She’s suffered a bit from over ferting and has small hard cookie like buds. Not very pretty

View attachment 18903049

This last plant is my fave. She’s running easy trim golf balls all up her stems. Smells like musty tennis balls and urm.. purple..

View attachment 18903050

View attachment 18903051

Played around with the pics a bit to try and get a better turn out.

Looks like they’re going to go ten weeks..
They look very tempting😋😋

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Nice mate👍
NL hybrids mostly, probably because it reminds me of Parma Violet sweets/candy, maybe even Turkish Delight? Lol
Rose flavour, I think?

Hello bro,
The first cherry ak / sherb smells incredible. Really sweet candied cherry. She’s a little leafy for my liking but the smell is definitely there. With the rest of those seeds I’d be looking for more sherb flower structure with that smell, if poss.

Yep, that purple smell is hard to pin down. It’s definitely the edge from the Urkle in the mix with musty plastic smells coming from the headband. Shame the second plant is a bit screwed up on the sunset sherb / underdog urkle. Plus, this is the lowest yielding from the Blaze it Panda hybrids. I think the Underdog Urkle s1 will do much better. Those will be all og purple

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
This grow took a turn when we had so much rain. Humidity flew up and I couldn’t control it even with the dehumidifier. The best Cherry AK / sherb took a big hit of mould in each of the main tops; all three have been cut off. The other C-AK sherb was ok because it has small buds.

The Sunset sherb underdog urkle’s we’re fine pretty much, just a touch of mould here and there.

Sweet smelling cherry AK sherb
IMG_5595.jpeg

Smaller sunset sherb x underdog urkle
IMG_5596.jpeg

Other and best looking sunset sherb x underdog urkle
IMG_5592.jpeg

IMG_5597.jpeg

All of them looking rough from a period of being too dry when I missed a watering 🙄

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
So.. been busy..

The last grow / harvest was a bit crap towards the end. We had weeks of rain here and humidity went through the roof. I lost nearly all the best smelling CSI Cherry AK / Green Sherb to mould. She was most definitely leaning toward the Cherry AK and had a very nice aroma, shame. The other three plants made it with only a few spots. The best was the two Blaze it panda sunset sherb x Underdog Urkle. The Headband strength came through and made for quite an interesting murky high. Tastes were pretty urm .. purple.. with that OG cookie thing as well.

I only have a couple of terrible pics
IMG_5610.jpeg

IMG_5612.jpeg

Second pic is the cherry ak x green sherb 2. She has a citrus type dank to her. Over dried all the flower as I normally under dry 😏

On another note, I’ve been updating the grow chamber. New tent and light. The tent is a bit taller which is great. Light gives a much more even distribution which I’m hoping helps keep the canopy nice and even. We’ll see.. I’m using the space to store stuff at the moment and have nothing growing in there. Hopefully I might be getting some Zkittles s1 cuts from a friend.

IMG_5628.jpeg

This isn’t the final setup. I got rid of the wire hanging cords and have the light suspended from the power cables. Sounds dodgy, but works well in the space and doesn’t compromise safety (I hope. See attached pic at bottom of the post).

IMG_5635.jpeg

The old cobs will probably go on ebay. I would maybe keep them on standby but don’t really have to storage space.

Anyway.. we’ll see what comes next 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_5630.jpeg
    IMG_5630.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 23

PetePrice

Nice mate👍
Rose flavour, I think?

I think its from those heavy in Linalool with the purple ones.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hello folks,

So after a period of travel and general life stuff, got a grow on again. First time with the new light and tent, so expect me to balls it up a bit :)

So the original plan was:
2 x CSI Humboldt Legend OG x Bubblegum
2 x Clearwater Genetics Tropicana Cookies x Runtz

The trop cookies runtz I’ve grown before some years ago (there’s pic in this thread somewhere) and they were easy and fun to grow. Anyway, the L,OG x BB were started before my travel and kept in a greenhouse while I was away. They survived but I totally failed to get cuts to root after I brought them back to health. In the meantime I popped a single Chimera NL#2 x ChemD bx S1 made by a friend. So that’s where we stand - got a couple of trop cookies runtz and the NLChem S1.

Here they after 5 ish days of flower

IMG_5904.jpeg

The trip cookies runtz are bent over while the NLChem has had nothing done to it. It’s squat and a bit mutant

IMG_5902.jpeg

Here’s the legend og BB before I took cuts

IMG_5841.jpeg

Both of these plants (two in one pot) stink. The taller of the two is most definitely more OG wile the squat one is more sweet smelling.

And here they are after a week or so outside

IMG_5891.jpeg

Will update when something interesting happens :)

Attachments

• IMG_5837.jpeg
    IMG_5837.jpeg
    746.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Little update on the flowering.. 22 days. The Tropicana Cookies x Runtz are doing well.

IMG_5945.jpeg

The little NL x ChemD bx S1 unfortunately hasn’t kept up. She’s stayed very short and only just shown pre flowers. I most likely didn’t give her enough veg time and she didn’t take to the transition very fast. I might raise her up when I get the chance.

The new light and tent are all working well. Will post up more detailed pics when there’s more flower action.

Latest posts

Latest posts