What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KaliChina and more...

jay sus

all 3 guatemalans have germinated. so. exciting times ahead. oct 5th. all guatemalas have sprouted. so this round it was 100% success rate.

Last edited:

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Kali China the Second

Kali China the Second

Hey all...
I just harvested a Kali China (line 22) at about day 66 of 12/12. She was an absolute dream to grow...no nute problems. No nanners. She just dug in and started a wild profusion of bud. And more bud.

attachment.php

As you can see...she's quite voluptuous.

attachment.php

She foxtailed like crazy - you can see the magna opus of foxtailing in the crown of the cola. Probably could have let her go a bit longer but I think I got her almost exactly right. Almost all the trichs were milky - just the way I like 'em. Scent is peculiar - lemon, incense and some evil funk. Speaking of which - she is quite strong and - after a very quick sample - leaning toward the indica. I'm going to have to give my body to science again and again to get to know her better. The things we do for love!

Attachments

• KchWhole.jpg
    KchWhole.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 10
  • meristemA.jpg
    meristemA.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 7
  • KCh KolaA.jpg
    KCh KolaA.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 15
  • KCh_bud1.jpg
    KCh_bud1.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 10
  • KCh_bud3.jpg
    KCh_bud3.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 13

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
The Ace Caravan Rolls On - Pan El. x Killer Mal Fem

The Ace Caravan Rolls On - Pan El. x Killer Mal Fem

So...OK! Alright!! Here we go!!!
Hey y'all...It's very rare that I remove my plants from the flower room - just too difficult, ya know...But here's the first of three previews of things to come. Soon come. This is the Panama Elite x Mal Fem...She's been in 12/12 since August 8 and I'd say she's getting ready to start thinking about her upcoming transition...The trichs are huge and cloudy for the most part. A couple of amber. She's still shooting out some pistils but I'm not sure she's gonna take on a whole lot more weight. I'll probably let her go another to 12 weeks or so. I'm happy to hear folks' thoughts though. I'm used to going deeper with both Panama and Malawi but this is looking like she's begun her downward descent. What do y'all think?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It was really hard to take crisp pictures because the branches were to heavy, they kept subtly moving. As per usual, I wish my photo skills were better so I could get the magnificence of the plant. It has primarily kept to a spiral patteern of budding, giving her a slightly raggedy look. The end buds are quite weighty (hence, the movement).

I'm a total fan boy for Panama and Malawi. Being able to grow a strain which combines the two makes -um- my mouth moist.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• PanxMal Tip4.jpg
    PanxMal Tip4.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PanxMal Tip5.jpg
    PanxMal Tip5.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Pan x Mal Colas.jpg
    Pan x Mal Colas.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Pan x Mal_whole4.jpg
    Pan x Mal_whole4.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Pan x Mal Whole.jpg
    Pan x Mal Whole.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 11
  • PanxMal Kola2.jpg
    PanxMal Kola2.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 11
  • PanxMal Tip6.jpg
    PanxMal Tip6.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 15
  • PanxMal Bud1.jpg
    PanxMal Bud1.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Pan x Mal Bud.jpg
    Pan x Mal Bud.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Pan x Mal _ Tip of fallen.jpg
    Pan x Mal _ Tip of fallen.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Malawi x PCK

Malawi x PCK

This here is a gem. She definitely didn't stretch very much - I may have stunted her by trying to LST her while she was in veg...she wanted nothing of it and just decided to let stick with a meristem - very disobedient, I might add - but perhaps the LST experience kept her small. Whatever...she's gorgeous. Knock down, flat-out gorgeous.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

She went under 12/12 on August 31, which is about 52 or 53 days. She seems to be going through another growth spurt. Her tight, dense knuckles are shooting forth more tight, dense knuckles. Still, I'm not sure how much longer she is going to go. Not sure...Her buds are looking pretty mature - the trichs seem a bit less mature than the buds appear. There are still a lot of clear trichs and some partially cloudy ones. Can't wait to take her out for a spin, though. I have not had experience with PCK - I will be interested to see whether I can sense any difference from straight Malawi.

Attachments

• Mal x PCK_macroA.jpg
    Mal x PCK_macroA.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Mal x PCK_BudC.jpg
    Mal x PCK_BudC.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Mal x PCK_BudB.jpg
    Mal x PCK_BudB.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 13
  • Mal x PCK_wholeA.jpg
    Mal x PCK_wholeA.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Mal x PCK_wholeF.jpg
    Mal x PCK_wholeF.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Mal x PCK_macroB.jpg
    Mal x PCK_macroB.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Mal x PCK_macroC.jpg
    Mal x PCK_macroC.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Mal x PCK_macroD.jpg
    Mal x PCK_macroD.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 12
  • Mal x PCK_wholeE.jpg
    Mal x PCK_wholeE.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 12

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
...and finally...Bubba Kush x Hash Plant

...and finally...Bubba Kush x Hash Plant

Here's the youth...She was put into 12/12 on September 8 which is about -oh, I dunno - 43 days. She's got that indica alpine mountain peak thang going on...So far she's maturing beautifully. I'm inclined to think she has another 20plus days or so to go. That could change at any point. But, if any of you has some experience and would like to give guidance, please! Be my guests! My hope is that this is going to yield some dynamite help for some people I know who have pain and sleep issues.

In the meantime...Here she is...

attachment.php

Going under the forest primeval and looking up, you can see that her budding is quite thick down each kola. My limited experiences with kushes have had more budding at the top but far fewer nodes going down the stem...so this is a pleasant surprise.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BKHP_macro4.jpg
    BKHP_macro4.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 12
  • BKHP_macro5.jpg
    BKHP_macro5.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 11
  • BKHP_cola.jpg
    BKHP_cola.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 11
  • BKHP_whole1.jpg
    BKHP_whole1.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 13
  • BKHP_whole2.jpg
    BKHP_whole2.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 11
  • BKHP_macro3.jpg
    BKHP_macro3.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 12
  • BKHP_macro2.jpg
    BKHP_macro2.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 9
  • BKHP_macro1.jpg
    BKHP_macro1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 11
  • BKHP_whole4.jpg
    BKHP_whole4.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 10

jay sus

mal x pck and mal x pan are looking exceptional. as usual. that mal x pan could find its way to me too. i would have had a go with bh too but seeds are long gone by now.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Death and Transfiguration of Pan x Mal Fem

Death and Transfiguration of Pan x Mal Fem

Today was harvest time for the Pan Elite x Killer Mal Fem. She went about 13 weeks and -y'know...you get to know these plants over that chunk of time so it's a bit bittersweet. I'm sure she could go longer - she was still putting out some pistils here and there but it was time - she was flopping all over the place and the main kola tips were huge and heavy.

What a majestic beauty. The tallest kola was about 5'6" and the other main stems were just a bit shy of that. As you can see, some of the budding goes all the way down - much of her popcorn would be totally fine bud on another plant.

attachment.php

I'll let the pics speak for themselves. I hope you enjoy this beauty, as well!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bud_1.jpg
    Bud_1.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Kola_2.jpg
    Kola_2.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 7
  • kola_3.jpg
    kola_3.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Whole_4.jpg
    Whole_4.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Whole_5.jpg
    Whole_5.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Macro_6.jpg
    Macro_6.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Macro_8.jpg
    Macro_8.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 9
  • Macro_11.jpg
    Macro_11.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Top_1.jpg
    Top_1.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 7
  • top_3.jpg
    top_3.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 10

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Kali China - Line 22 - Trichs R Us

Kali China - Line 22 - Trichs R Us

Well...hey all! Enjoy at your leisure! So white, I was afraid of some -ugh- mold or -gasp- PM. But I don't think so - she smells delicious - I can't quite articulate the scent(s) yet - and the bud is intact. I think this pheno is just wickedly, thoroughly, bodaciously, triched out. Trich jungle. I haven't really tried it yet. I realize that resin glands do not necessarily guarantee quality - it's what's in the trichs - but it sure is a sign that something amazing may be waiting around the corner. In jars now about two weeks so soon come. Salud to dubi, the author of the strain.

Attachments

• macro_7.jpg
    macro_7.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 9
  • macro_4.jpg
    macro_4.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 11
  • macro_3.jpg
    macro_3.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 12
  • macro_1.jpg
    macro_1.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 9
  • macro_5.jpg
    macro_5.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 10
  • bud_2.jpg
    bud_2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 10
  • La malatina
    La malatina
    85.6 KB · Views: 16
  • bud_4.jpg
    bud_4.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 7
  • bud_8.jpg
    bud_8.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Mal x PCK - Getting Ready

Mal x PCK - Getting Ready

Hey all...She's definitely getting ready to go through the Great Transformation - these were taken a few days ago...I think tomorrow may be the harvest...I will try to get some pics.

In the meantime...enjoy!

attachment.php

Attachments

• MalxPCK_WholeC.jpg
    MalxPCK_WholeC.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 10
  • MalxPCK_TopA.jpg
    MalxPCK_TopA.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 11
  • malXpck_macroC.jpg
    malXpck_macroC.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 10
  • malXpck_macroB.jpg
    malXpck_macroB.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 8
  • malXpck_macroA_1.jpg
    malXpck_macroA_1.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 8

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Harvest of Bubba Kush x Hash Plant

Harvest of Bubba Kush x Hash Plant

She came down at about 66 days of 12/12. Definite scent of bubblegum, citrus, and some dark jungle funk.

Beautiful plant! There wasn't a whole lot of stretch - so she didn't get that tall. Still, the buds are pretty substantial down the length of the major branches. She just purred through growth and flower. No nanners (that I could see) and no nutritional issues to speak of. Looking forward to breaking this out on those cold winter nights.

attachment.php

Attachments

• BKxHP_Branches.jpg
    BKxHP_Branches.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 8
  • BKxHP_macro2.jpg
    BKxHP_macro2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 8
  • BKxHP_Tip6.jpg
    BKxHP_Tip6.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 11
  • BKxHP_Denuded.jpg
    BKxHP_Denuded.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 10
  • BKxHP_macro3.jpg
    BKxHP_macro3.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 9

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Wow, The WLD cometh! ;)

Looking fantastic as always brother mayan... I'd be super happy with those results..

That mal/pck looks amazing!

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Into the Breach!!!!!! Pan Haze and Golden Tiger

Into the Breach!!!!!! Pan Haze and Golden Tiger

Hello friends...

The Ace caravan moves on...After having taken several deep breaths, sacrificed a few small mammals, girded my loins, and raised my periscope, I have started flowering both a Panama Haze and -started a few weeks later- a Golden Tiger (Fem).

Unfortunately (or perhaps due to prescience), she suffered an industrial accident and was unceremoniously decapitated. Don't ask. As you can see, however, she is vociferously stretching with no end in site at Day 24 (or so) of 12/12. Through ties, stakes, trusses, I have managed to contain her so far. She is very slow to start the flowering engine...however, there are more and more pistils everytime I look. Soon come...soon come.

attachment.php

The Golden Tiger has only been under 12/12 since December 13. I like the way she is shaping up so far. Her journey is just beginning! I'm sure we are all gonna get to know each other very well over the next several months.

attachment.php

Attachments

• PanHaze_1.jpg
    PanHaze_1.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 10
  • PanHaze_2.jpg
    PanHaze_2.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 8
  • GT_2.jpg
    GT_2.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 8
  • GT.jpg
    GT.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
B

Baron Greenback

Lovely stuff mayan as ever. I'm about to take down what I think is a Golden Tiger (it's definitely Ace and not OTH or a haze) after 122 days. I had a bit off the lower branches in my Volcano - wow, electric sativa action.
I think I have a slight man crush on dubi :)

Buddyy

Mayan, thank you for posting all these lovely pictures.:tiphat: You obviously love your plants. I'm a big fan of ace strains. It's nice to see them being grown so well. I'll be tagging along if you don't mind.

B

Baron Greenback

Always nice to see quality genetics in capable hands mayan. The other good thing is that you're growing either what I am about to or what I want to :)
Win win I reckon.