What's new

Kali Mist, Jack Herer, Super Silver Haze

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice work ctHaddock 3 of my favourite strains...:respect:...

Riboflavin

What is your grow setup like? 3x400 hps I see, how many plants do you run per light? What size pots are you working with? What about nutes/soil. Some nice girls there, thanks :joint:

CtHaddock

Lots of questions. :)
Lets see I use Bio Nova coco-brick and Canna coco a&b, pk13/14, epsomsalt, rhizotonic and cannazym.
I have three 90l reservoars for three 400W HPS lights. As it looks now I will have about 5x4 (20) sog cuts per light when it's dialed in. 100x80cm per light. But nothing is written in stone.
I flower seed plants in 3.5l pots with varied veg time for different plants depending on space. I flower sog cuts in 100x20cm slab trays, 5 per tray, coco directly in the tray instead of slabs with a slight angle to help the nutriend flow back to the reservoar.

Kali Mist #4 @70d I tried to upload it to the album but I only got unknown error. So I put them on imageshack.

CtHaddock

I try to harvest this first grow for a first selection of mothers as soon as they start developing amber trichome color. The mothers I select will be tested as cuts and flowered longer. And then after that grow make my final decision on who will be a mother or not.

But I always change my mind all the time.

B

bonecarver_OG

Lots of questions. :)
Lets see I use Bio Nova coco-brick and Canna coco a&b, pk13/14, epsomsalt, rhizotonic and cannazym.
I have three 90l reservoars for three 400W HPS lights. As it looks now I will have about 5x4 (20) sog cuts per light when it's dialed in. 100x80cm per light. But nothing is written in stone.
I flower seed plants in 3.5l pots with varied veg time for different plants depending on space. I flower sog cuts in 100x20cm slab trays, 5 per tray, coco directly in the tray instead of slabs with a slight angle to help the nutriend flow back to the reservoar.

awesome :D one more thing, or actually a few :D

how often do you have to refill and maintain the rez? is it a lot of work? i gotto do a round of something automatic some day.. if not ill go crazy :D hehe i handwater about 100L or more every 2 days.

keep posting and you can upload more pics. more posts = bigger gallery. so post a bit more than just the necesary stuff, take a stroll around in ic mag, post in a few threads, and quickly u got more gallery space :D

peace!

CtHaddock

awesome :D one more thing, or actually a few :D

how often do you have to refill and maintain the rez? is it a lot of work? i gotto do a round of something automatic some day.. if not ill go crazy :D hehe i handwater about 100L or more every 2 days.

keep posting and you can upload more pics. more posts = bigger gallery. so post a bit more than just the necesary stuff, take a stroll around in ic mag, post in a few threads, and quickly u got more gallery space :D

peace!
I have a little too hot in my growroom (have new ventilation purchase planned) as you can se a little unwanted foxtailing on the buds. So the plants drink more water then nutrient so I add water as needed and it can be quite alot. I can add up to 90l pure water to the original 90l within a ~ 2 week span (I'm guessing here) and after that I change it. Then it's about 20-30l left. I have to check EC everyday if i want it within +-0.1 mS/cm but im too lazy for that. I check it every 3-4 days and add water, but then it can be up to 0.3 mS/cm off.

I have only used a small part of my gallery. I belive the problem was too big pictures, I lowered the resolution on the camera and then I could upload again.

hazy

Veteran
86 days for the ssh. how many to go? Mine's done at 60 days, but is nowhere near as fat as your ssh. The KM looks good.

CtHaddock

86 days means harvest at 86 days.

Jack Herer #9 smelled like bbq and was just starting to develop amber trich. Great long lasting high. Tastes the worst of the bunch but I guess curing is in place, I'm out of cured bud. :(

Kali Mist #1 and #4 smells like ruccola tastes. :p Spicy. #1 have just started to amber and #4 is at about 10% amber. 45 minutes high, too short, #4 lasts slightly longer.

Mystery Sativa (freebie) was harvested at 63 days without pictures. It's mediocre smoke.

CtHaddock

KM7, KM8, KM2 and JH4 all was in the early amber stages <10%.
SSH1 had 15-20% amber.
They are all freshly cut and smells mostly weed right now. It's easier to tell the smell when they have dried a little. :abduct:

B

bonecarver_OG

the foxtailing is something nice on the sativa dominant plants.. it protects it from overheating :D

shouldnt affect it negativelly.. in summer pretty much even indicas foxtail in my growroom... its HOT down here.. grow area is like a SAUNA

that JH #4 looks nice :D

CtHaddock

Hmm so my more sativa phenos of mango haze that have foxtailed a birds nest are completly healthy? That would be nice, it seems like they never progress in bud formation but foxtail forever. I have acually started to cut the foxtails becous they completly take over. I tried with 10h light for 2 weeks to see if there were any difference but I switched to 11h now to affect the other strains less. I couldnt notice anything on those short 2 weeks.
Should I switch to 12h light to benefit my other strains and start over with the more sativa pheno mango hazes as cuts instead? Would it make any difference?

Yo Dock! awesome set up bro! can't wait to see how the supersilver does for yah! Im not sure what seed bank my cutt came from but she's always been good to me!!

best of wishes brotha,
4hoto

B

bonecarver_OG

when flowering from cuts im sure you will cut a few weeks of flowering time...

the trick is to WAIT for the foxtails to get done., but i think you have done well enough, no worries.

allways bud will get stronger in cold conditions (in my experience) but even during extreme heat etc, things go pretty well, just a bit slower maybe :D

peace man :D and have a nice day :D

CtHaddock

Thanks, thanks!

I will get a 800m3/h fan + carbon filtre as soon as I can afford it. Then I should be able to cut the temp down enough so I get under or at 28C. Except on heat waves but this summer seems to be a cold one, nex summer I might be in Spain. :yeahthats

Will be a challenge to transport my cuts safely.

I found what I identified as thrips on the floor the other day. I have inspected the plants, I can't see any thrips on them but I can see blank fields on some leafes on particularly one Mazar-i-Sharif. I have ordered Orius predator bugs, I know it wont solve the problem but I don't know where to get Spinosad in Europe. I read that Orius bites, is it that bad?

EDIT: Im gonna shake the plants when the lights come on to see if something lives there. Any tips on where to buy spinosa online within EU would be appreceated to avoid custom delays. After reading that Orius (pirate bugs) don't work with 12h light I canceled the order.

CtHaddock

The grow order of seeds for the next 2 projects are first DJ Short Blueberry and Reservoir Chemdog IX-III and secondly OJD G13Haze x ECSD and G13Haze x OG Kush BX1.

Is there any interest in growlog on any of theese seeds?

Attachments

• PICT2631.jpg
    PICT2631.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 25
  • PICT2632.jpg
    PICT2632.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 28

CtHaddock

The thread is started. :joint:

Lets smell the grass!

First up SSH #1. First i get a touch of citrus but it changes to a more spicy smell when rubbed. There is also an unidentified pleasant scent present, might it be what other peaple call haze on this forum? A wild guess.

Now lets open the jar of KM #7. A very fresh smell hits me hard, it smells like flowers. When rubbed a stink of catpiss takes over.

And then JH #4. First its an unidentified pleasant smell mixed with bbq and when rubbed a cheese smell hits the nose hard.

The KM #2 have a very pleasant spicy smell that gets intense mixed with fuel when rubbed.

And then we have KM #8. A mix of citrus and pine, very nice. When I rub it I get a powerfull pine scent.

I took cuts from KM #2 and KM #8 for a 2nd round and killed the other KMs.