What's new

Kali China

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks 48N for your sharing your positive experience with Kali China :)

I concur with you, Kali China' aromas and effects are really complex and refined, that's why i'm always so passionate about Kali China and its crosses ... it took many years and generations to reach until today's quite stabilized Kali China versions.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
truly unique "jingle jangle" spiciness on a couple of the congo x kali china phenos.
some reminded me of (north american) christmas,
with their pine-y fruit-cake spices nature.
this one, below, was all rich woodiness with carrot touches,
now in reveg and beginning to get her vegetative stretch on...
picture.php

she likes to grow a little vine-y, with the lightest green leaves
(of the c x kc's) and offers a supremely clean high.
looking forward to doing a better job with her (clones) this fall.
other more "jingle jangle" phenos to re-run too.

saludos!

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I'm not setup to keep mothers....but this Kali China I'm finishing right now is phenomenal. I hope I can get her to reveg.

#1. Her growth habit is perfect for growing a from seed sea O' green. This plant is just over 5 feet high and is a column of bud for at least 4 feet. This picture from near the top looking straight down to see the structure:
picture.php

2#. Her speed of flowering. At 7 weeks of flowering she is finishing up. its a bad pic (my shakey hand) but there are just a few pistils popping from the slightly foxtailed buds. The calyxes are large and the trichs are large and plentiful:
picture.php

picture.php

#3. The high:
Somebody ought to be entering Kali China in cannabis cups. The smoke is that good. It isn't the piercingly clear high and it isn't a lifeless narcotic ticket to the couch. Kali China surprised me with her stoney haziness. Her smoke, with that exhale of incense, reminds me of her lineage down from the great Kali Mist.

This is the second Kali China I have grown. This one is a different pheno, a couple weeks faster in flowering and a much different growth habit. But the early sample I just tasted is just like the precious bits remaining in my jar of the first in taste and high. It is simply fantastic weed.

I'm going to give her some more time on the vine to fully mature. That way I'll get to enjoy her wonderfully full scent; chopped parsley, ground coriander, a hint of chives, all served on a platter deep in a pine forest.

ULMW

Great photos and expression there Claude. Nice smoke report too. I have the cross with Chiang Mai Thai and KC and feel the aromatic expression and early harvest have originated thru the KC .
I am interested in trying a pure KC one day to see her complete expression in full. Thank you for sharing your experience and grow. Hope you get to reveg as you are looking to.
Happy growing!

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I have the cross with Chiang Mai Thai and KC and feel the aromatic expression and early harvest have originated thru the KC .
I am interested in trying a pure KC one day to see her complete expression in full.

Thank you!

I hadn't seen that one. I just went and read that thread. Wow. That is definitely one I'd like to try. The flowers ended up looking like some of my thai-leaning golden tigers.

I'm sure you'll also enjoy a regular Kali China

Samuel Caldwell

Looks fantastic, Claude! Nice work!

The Ace website says 7-9 weeks for KC so it's good to see it actually happens. How long did your previous KC take? I'm only about a week into flower with mine.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
It was closer to 9 weeks. That plant had more branching from the base . It may have been from the earlier release, too.

jonhova

China yunan hybrid smells delicious already. Cant wait to flower her. And a zamal hash on the side. :rasta:

Transplant in a week or so. Vegging under 9.5 led watts x 4.rasta:

Attachments

• IMG_6791.jpg
    IMG_6791.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6792.jpg
    IMG_6792.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6790.jpg
    IMG_6790.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 22

Samuel Caldwell

How easy does KC clone? I cut some lower shoots today that weren't getting any light. I just stuck them in a glass of water. I'm not set up for clones but I just couldn't throw them away.

deepwaterdude

How easy does KC clone? I cut some lower shoots today that weren't getting any light. I just stuck them in a glass of water. I'm not set up for clones but I just couldn't throw them away.

Don't know about pure KC but the ZAm x KC shot roots in a glass of water on a windowsill where they sat for 2 months (did change the water from time to time), then popped 'em in a cloner and off they went... after 2 months sitting in a glass of water, just waiting to go. Can't get over it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm not setup to keep mothers....but this Kali China I'm finishing right now is phenomenal. I hope I can get her to reveg.

#1. Her growth habit is perfect for growing a from seed sea O' green. This plant is just over 5 feet high and is a column of bud for at least 4 feet. This picture from near the top looking straight down to see the structure:
View Image

2#. Her speed of flowering. At 7 weeks of flowering she is finishing up. its a bad pic (my shakey hand) but there are just a few pistils popping from the slightly foxtailed buds. The calyxes are large and the trichs are large and plentiful:
View Image
View Image

#3. The high:
Somebody ought to be entering Kali China in cannabis cups. The smoke is that good. It isn't the piercingly clear high and it isn't a lifeless narcotic ticket to the couch. Kali China surprised me with her stoney haziness. Her smoke, with that exhale of incense, reminds me of her lineage down from the great Kali Mist.

This is the second Kali China I have grown. This one is a different pheno, a couple weeks faster in flowering and a much different growth habit. But the early sample I just tasted is just like the precious bits remaining in my jar of the first in taste and high. It is simply fantastic weed.

I'm going to give her some more time on the vine to fully mature. That way I'll get to enjoy her wonderfully full scent; chopped parsley, ground coriander, a hint of chives, all served on a platter deep in a pine forest.

Hi Claude Hopper :)

Thank you very much for sharing pics of your beautiful Kali China before harvest.

The previous F3 generation liked to produce more branches, but the current Kali China F4 generation tends more to a more columnar growth as you pointed out, with a big main cola, and shorter height, very suitable for indoor growing and for SOGs.

I tried to fix and refine the incense aroma in the line (which not only comes from the old Kali Mist, but also from the purple hashplant China Yunnan).

I'm glad you are enjoying with her eary smoke reports ;)
Not sure if Kali China has the potential to be a cup winner (this is something other should judge), but she still remains as one of the best stabilized lines i ever bred.

Samuel Caldwell

Don't know about pure KC but the ZAm x KC shot roots in a glass of water on a windowsill where they sat for 2 months (did change the water from time to time), then popped 'em in a cloner and off they went... after 2 months sitting in a glass of water, just waiting to go. Can't get over it.

Thanks, dwd! I remember reading something about that around here but I read pretty much everything and have a tough time remembering specifics sometimes. Mine are still looking pretty good after a day in the glass. My KC was my strongest starter so I'm hoping the cuts take off, too.

3 cuts in the glass

Last edited:

jonhova

Almost time to take some clones and flower.

Attachments

• IMG_6850.jpg
    IMG_6850.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6854.jpg
    IMG_6854.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6857.jpg
    IMG_6857.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 23

Samuel Caldwell

Here's a couple KC flowers. She was flipped to 12/12 on the 1st, showed early flowers by the 10th so she's 2-3 weeks in, depending when I should start counting.