What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That is absolutely magnificent dubi (as per usual :)) - you mention it as a rarer sativa pheno - do you intend to try to reproduce this type in future generations of Kali China?
Looks like exactly the sort of thing I would love in my little garden.

Thanks Baron Greenback :)

I'm glad you like the outdoor Kali China sativa pheno. I'm not inbreeding or working the line towards the sativa phenos, i keep inbreding Kali China towards the best purple and more refined chinese hashplant phenos with short structure, short flowering time (8-9 weeks), with higher resin production, .... overall i keep working to produce something as stable as possible, and each time closer to my ideal of the strain, as stated in our official description.

The more sativa pheno posted in previous page (it's also the one posted by Bleiweis) can only be found in the less inbred Kali China F3 S1 line, a not so tamed parental plant that shows more sativa traits in the offspring. This more sativa line was released along with the other more hashplant F4 lines in the Kali China release available from 2014 until now. This sativa pheno is a recessive pheno that shows sativa traits from both China and Kali Mist.
It's a nice pheno (more vigorous) but it's much taller and takes longer to mature (2 weeks more than the indica phenos) and the outcome although it has superb aromas has not the same desirable strenght and overall quality i'm finding in the best indica F4 parental plants of the line.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Kali China F5 has born!

Kali China F5 has born!

As the title says, we have just produced a newer, more refined, more inbred and uniform Kali China F5 generation.

Previous Kali China release from 2014 until now was composed of different KC lines, our best KC F3 mother selfed, which produced the more sativa phenos explained in previous post. And around 5-6 KC indica F4 lines produced by pollinating my different favourite KC F3 sisters by the same main KC F3 female (reversed) that was selfed.

So we end up with a F3 S1 line (the more sativa) and 5-6 indica F4 lines. We grew all the different lines, and found the best offspring in KC 21 F4 and KC 22 F4 lines (offspring coming from F3 parental 21 and F3 parental 22), so we focus all our effots in the offspring of both 2 lines. We grew a few dozens of each, and found what i consider the elite parental plant of the F4 generation (KC 21 -4) and a few very nice sisters from same line 21 and also a few very good cousins from line 22.

F4 Kali China parental plant 21 - 4 has all i was looking for to continue with the Kali China breeding. A very compact, columnar, early flowering (8 weeks) purple chinese hashplant refined pheno (super beautiful, very aesthetic), with amazing resin production, extraordinarily complex terpenes of great quality (mango, sweet flowers, candy, incense, roasted meat), great strong effect with the best effect among the bunch (very uplifting and happy initially, to develop later into a blissful, satisfied, meditative state (yet clear) that is not couchlock).

So to produce the newer Kali China F5 generation we reversed KC 21 - 4 and pollinate herself and the best F4 sisters from the same 21 line:

KC 21 - 4 S1
KC 21 -16 x KC 21 - 4 (reversed)
KC 21 -21 x KC 21 - 4 (reversed)
KC 21 -24 x KC 21 - 4 (reversed)

and also the best cousins from line 22 were pollinated by the same KC 21 - 4 reversed pollen:

KC 22 -2 x KC 21 - 4 (reversed)
KC 22 -8 x KC 21 - 4 (reversed)
KC 22 -10 x KC 21 - 4 (reversed)
KC 22 -15 x KC 21 - 4 (reversed)
KC 22 -16 x KC 21 - 4 (reversed)
KC 22 -24 x KC 21 - 4 (reversed)
KC 22 -25 x KC 21 - 4 (reversed)

A few flower pics of the different parental plants used in the reproduction.
In order: KC 21-4, KC 21-16, KC 21-21, KC 21-24. Then next 2 parental plants from line 22: KC 22-8, KC 22-16.

We also pollinated the previous KC F3 elite mother (mother of previous KC release) with the new KC F4 21 - 4 mother used to produce the new one, so it's a KC F3 elite x KC F4 21 - 4 elite, some kind of F4/F5.

The goal with all these new F5 generations is to produce plants as close as possible to KC 21 -4 elite mother and to the refined incensey hashplant concept stated in our description of the strain.

Although there are clear winners to self or inbred, i also like to produce as many good paralel breeding lines as possible, in order to avoid excessive inbreeding in upcoming breeding steps (something that can easily happen at this stage of inbreeding). My experience tells me this is the best way to keep healthy lines after F3- F4 stage, combining parental plants from different sister lines allows you to inbred desirable traits but at the same time still get good vigor and strenght like in the initial (more outcrossed) breeding steps.

Hope you find the explanation interesting, and of course wish you enjoy this new Kali China F5 generation which has been bred with lots of love and efforts. :)

Attachments

• KC 21 - 4.jpg
    KC 21 - 4.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Kali China 21 - 16 con 7 semanas de 12 12 top.jpg
    Kali China 21 - 16 con 7 semanas de 12 12 top.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 59
  • KC 21 - 21 cogollo detalle.jpg
    KC 21 - 21 cogollo detalle.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC08173.jpg
    DSC08173.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC08219.jpg
    DSC08219.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 53
  • KC 22 - 16.jpg
    KC 22 - 16.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 51

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
New Kali China fem hybrids

New Kali China fem hybrids

Beside all the Kali China inbreeding, we also have produced some Kali China fem hybrids with the same KC 21 - 4 elite mother that was reversed for the latest KC reproduction.

Some of the hybrids are new, others are improved versions of hybrids already released before as limited editions. We have:

Zamaldelica elite F1 x Kali China F4 fem
Congolese (long flowering) x Kali China F4 fem
Panama Goddess F10 x Kali China F4 fem
Nepal Jam F6 x Kali China F4 fem
Bubba Kush x Kali China F4 fem
Thai x Kali China F4 fem

The Zamaldelica, Bubba, Panama and Thai hybrids have been produced for the first time, while the Nepal Jam and Congolese hybrids were released past year as limited editions, although these newer versions of the hybrids contain KC F4 elite instead of KC F3 elite. The Nepal Jam mother used now is also an improved F6 Nepal Jam while in previous release the mother was a F4.

The improved versions will be released in the upcoming weeks as limited editions again, while the new hybrids will need to be tested first. We will keep you updated :yes:

B

Baron Greenback

Ah shit dubi, I was trying to buy no more seeds this year.
I am a sucker for Kali China (and crosses) and some of those sound truly amazing.
Thanks for all your work and for releasing such stellar crosses for us to try :)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
My Kali China SMILING !!!

My Kali China SMILING !!!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=376931&stc=1&d=1473029473
This is a lower bud shot of my KC. She has very nice vigor, Allergies I can't smell fine aromas at all. Her stalks feel sweaty and sticky. She is a happy plant in all aspects. She is grounded to her room. ( No Boys Over). I have a pack or two of these genetics. I will be jumping all over the ( Thai x Kali China f4 fem.)
Dubi....Thank you, buying seeds is my favorite hobby next to growing your seeds. Peace:tiphat:

Attachments

• Leaf&macro 009.jpg
    Leaf&macro 009.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 46

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
rismooth, I haven't grown her out before. I'm a huge fan of all Ace genetics. Next year I will be growing out several other hybrids, landraces and crosses from Ace. I'm sure they will be some of my favorites as well. I may have to boot Ganesh out of the garden for the first time. I'm going to use larger pots next year so my plant count will drop by several plants I'm sure. If MMJ vote passes in November this will all change again. But yes I love the KC. Thank you for the compliment! Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Just wanted to throw a shout out of thanks to dubi and Ace. Every time I crack open the jar of Kali China while it's curing. I can hardly put it back down. What an amazing plant! I have a few releases of crosses with the Kali China I'm looking forward to next season. Peace

Anjey

Hi Dubi,

I'm wondering which methods you use to reverse your females, and how hermaphroditism isn't an issue.

Thanks. Looks like a fascinating project and plant that I would love to grow out sometime.

Dubi - hows it hanging... whats the latest on your kalichina ? F4 was last i heard you mentioned, ive only done the batch ive shown and carried her through 6 months now. Shes in flowering and replaced with another, still have some beans from scai from that f1, just wondering if its a worth a stab at reverse DP with an F4?

1love

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello everybody, I was hoping to get a smoke report back from a tester I met with over the weekend. It goes something like this.
Tester did you get a chance to try the kali China?
Yes I did. How was it? I smoked four bowls.
Again I asked, How was It? Tester, I don't know I smoked four bowls!
So I'm sorry for the lack of a report but he loved smoking Kali China. I suggested to him that next time stop after one bowl.
I wish you all a great week! Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Hi Bleiweis :tiphat:

Congrats on your Kali China harvest! Real beautiful and healthy outdoor plant you got there. It's indeed the sativa pheno more related to the F3 parental plant used in previous KC version.
How does she smell ? Sweet creamy and fruity ? Looking forward to hear your opinion after a bit curing.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I screwed up my first run with KC because of heat. Doing better on this run but had an overly crowded flower room.

Hi neverforget4/20,

Thanks for sharing yours too :) Hope you have had a better cycle with her this time. She was looking good passing mid flowering ... how did she end up ?

Latest posts

Latest posts