What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome aimeone :)

Kali China is a very suitable strain for your small cabinet.
Your plants look really healthy, with that distinctive and beautiful hashplant look of the F5 generation of the strain, it's a very uniform line as you can see, in growth and later in her flowering development and qualities of her finished product.

I think i recommended you correctly, Kali China is not a strain that you need to top in small cabinet grows like yours, it works perfectly with her natural structure so it's better to let them be untopped. They will flower perfectly in 7 liter pots, indeed i also like to flower them in crowded indoor grows with 7 liter pots. It's also a very manageable strain due to her low stretching ..... you can switch them with a height of 50 cms and they will reach the desired 80-90 cms without giving you height problems.

Just take in consideration that she offers her best terpenes and effects with lower temps around 20ºC in the second half of flowering. So don't force them to grow to close to the lamp and plan the environment accordingly. Hope it helps and good luck! ;)

Samuel Caldwell

And here she is today, around 7 weeks of 12/12.

picture.php

View image in gallery

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great Samuel ;)

She must be finishing (or already harvested!) at this time.
How do you find her aromas in late flowering ?

Range

Looks great. Looking forward to a smoke report when it's done. I'll be growing this strain in a couple of weeks, interested to hear your experiences with it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks more sativa than usual with Kali China.
Happy harvest Samuel! :)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I've been on KC cross kick lately and so I decided to try the original again. Just stuck a seed in the dirt. As I recall, my wife though this was fantastic when I grew it 3 years ago, and my skills are much better now...so this should an awesome winter with 7 or 8 KC crosses all going at once.

Range

Anyone had germination issues with Kali China?

I brought a 3x pack of seeds in September this year and all three failed to germinate. One did sprout about 1/4" above the soil but stopped growing soon after.

Honestly I'm pretty disappointed as I spent a lot of time researching what seeds to buy and was keen to grow Kali China after hearing all the good things people had to say about it in this thread.

To put it in perspective, I recently germinated 24/25 other seeds, including some that were given to me and weren't kept in a refrigerator and were over 5 years old. I've been growing a number of years now and I know how to care for plants, and this includes solid germination practices and knowing how to correctly store the seeds.

Also, I found the Kali China issues unusual because just this season I've popped single seeds of Panama, Tikal, Bubba Hash, Pakistan Chitral Kush, Orient Express and Congo, and every single one has germinated, 100%.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could chime in, and let me know if these seeds are known to be difficult to germinate or require a specific germination method compared with other seeds.

I emailed the vendor I purchased the seeds from last week but have heard nothing back, which is also disappointing.

Bleiweis

Veteran
No problem with Kali china germination rates. In general ACE has really good germination rates.

If/when i had similar problems they always responded in 1-3 days and sent me a new pack. Did you check your spam folder? I'm surprised you didn't get a reply because ACE usually provides and excellent customer service.

Hope it all resolves in your favour ASAP!

Range

No problem with Kali china germination rates. In general ACE has really good germination rates.

If/when i had similar problems they always responded in 1-3 days and sent me a new pack. Did you check your spam folder? I'm surprised you didn't get a reply because ACE usually provides and excellent customer service.

Hope it all resolves in your favour ASAP!

Yes that was what was very strange to me, all my other ACE seeds have sprouted no problem, in fact all my other seeds, regardless of the breeder, have sprouted no problem. Very strange and atypical of ACE gear, which is why I posted the initial message asking if anyone has heard of any germination issues with this strain.

To be honest the seeds just seemed old and lacked vigor, as evidenced by their slow / non-existent germination and premature termination of growth on the one that did pop out a taproot after over a week in the growing media.

Further, I should clarify that earlier when I said that I "emailed the vendor" this was not ACE Seeds, but an official ACE Seeds selling point as listed on their website.

Do you think I should email ACE directly in order to get this resolved? I figured that it would not be appropriate seeing as:
1) I did not buy direct from them
2) On their website is specifies they do not ship to my country

Still, would it be worth finding out a response from them direct do you think?

I really was excited for the Kali China and now my initial disappointment has mellowed more into a confusion simply because it seems so uncharacteristic of ACE seeds not to germinate correctly.

Please understand I still maintain respect for ACE, and despite the 3x seeds of Kali China not germinating, my overall experience has been very positive so far.

Range

Okay, I have ordered some more Kali China seeds to see if I can have a better outcome this time. I have decided to try again with it, as I've heard too many good things about this strain to let one experience stop me from trying to grow Kali China!

Bleiweis

Veteran
You can always try to contact Dubi here or via e-mail. He'll try to help you if it's possible in any way! Maybe it's still better to order seeds directly from them next time.

Kali China is my favourite strain for the past few years. Appearance, smell and the taste are surreal. I'm "addicted" to the smell she releases when you light her up! Wonderful!

I recommend to cure her for about 2-4 months for that well rounded balanced effect.

Range

You can always try to contact Dubi here or via e-mail. He'll try to help you if it's possible in any way! Maybe it's still better to order seeds directly from them next time.

Kali China is my favourite strain for the past few years. Appearance, smell and the taste are surreal. I'm "addicted" to the smell she releases when you light her up! Wonderful!

I recommend to cure her for about 2-4 months for that well rounded balanced effect.

Thanks for the info, I too have felt that around 3 months is the best time for the individual traits of a plant to shine through.

And just an update on the issues I had with Kali China. After almost a week the vendor I purchased the seeds from (again, remember this was not ACE but an official distributor or "selling point" as they are referred to on the ACE website) returned my email and has offered me a substitute product to the same value as the Kali China seeds. So I am happy with that outcome.

I felt as though it was best to resolve it without contacting ACE directly in this instance because the seeds were never purchased from ACE, but through the distributor.

Moving on, I went ahead and purchased some more Kali China seeds so I will see how they go this time. Early indications are looking promising as one looks to have germinated nicely.

Common Sense

Samuel, these look beautiful with the purple edged leaves! May I ask how long you had them in veg? The must be harvested by now, hope everything went well.

Latest posts

Latest posts