What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

40degsouth

Hi everyone,
our KC girl went through its first proper storm the other day, with extremely strong winds and pouring rain. The season itself has been quite unusual and March has been more like February with high overnight and daytime temperatures. The temps have fallen a bit now and becoming more like normal. I'm hoping the colder nights and soil might push her a bit harder for flower; there's still no purple that some of the other genetics are showing.
There's been almost no rain, which doesn't affect the R&D patch and very little wind this season, so plants have been able to grow how they like with no excessive environmental impact.
I've only given an internal cage to the plants, varying between three and four feet across, to check for strength and structural integrity.
You'll all be happy to know the plant has pulled through with flying colours, no damage at all other than a bit of rub damage to the cambium, where the laterals have whipped around in the wind.
I've now tied her branches to the cage, the ones that were hanging down, to put them back into the position they were in before the gale.
She's starting to flower now but looks like she'll be the last in the garden; if she goes past the 14th of next month she'll have to be tough to finish, l have given her one of the best spots in the garden though.
I've heard people describe the KC as one of the fastest finishing plants they've ever seen so it'll be interesting to observe her over the next few weeks.
She's probably a bit over nine feet tall now.
Cheers 40.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi FarmBuck,

Really mouth watering Kali China flowers :yummy:
Glad you like the strain ... please, let us know your opinion of their smoke whenever you have the chance.

Thanks for sharing your results with us :tiphat:

One of my favorite strain

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi 40degsouth,

Hope your outdoor Kali China finished without problems and provided a good harvest despite the unexpected bad weather at the end of flowering. :yes:

Kali China is not a big yielder, she is all about the quality of her terpenes, quality of her effect and her beauty. Usually she is a strain that looks like she is not doing much in her first month of flowering, to later ripen very fast in her second month of flowering.

Hi everyone,
our KC girl went through its first proper storm the other day, with extremely strong winds and pouring rain. The season itself has been quite unusual and March has been more like February with high overnight and daytime temperatures. The temps have fallen a bit now and becoming more like normal. I'm hoping the colder nights and soil might push her a bit harder for flower; there's still no purple that some of the other genetics are showing.
There's been almost no rain, which doesn't affect the R&D patch and very little wind this season, so plants have been able to grow how they like with no excessive environmental impact.
I've only given an internal cage to the plants, varying between three and four feet across, to check for strength and structural integrity.
You'll all be happy to know the plant has pulled through with flying colours, no damage at all other than a bit of rub damage to the cambium, where the laterals have whipped around in the wind.
I've now tied her branches to the cage, the ones that were hanging down, to put them back into the position they were in before the gale.
She's starting to flower now but looks like she'll be the last in the garden; if she goes past the 14th of next month she'll have to be tough to finish, l have given her one of the best spots in the garden though.
I've heard people describe the KC as one of the fastest finishing plants they've ever seen so it'll be interesting to observe her over the next few weeks.
She's probably a bit over nine feet tall now.
Cheers 40.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks JimMuscles!

I indeed consider KaliChina as gourmet weed ;)
Her terpenes are so succulent that she would be very suitable for gastronomic purposes. Wish you enjoy yours!

The smell on this one is awesome . Just the leaves make me hungry.Like i want to eat the plant lol which is a strange feeling! me pones con hambre de verdad! Un sentimento estrano, porque nuncas antes yo queria comer mi bebes jaja como se dicen sus tias y abuelas, ay yo puedo comer a ti! Jaja it seems like it wouldn't have that spicy taste that marijuana has. It has like a softer smell, like incense but edible . This is one to go in salads, foreal. I I just started 12/12 4 days ago so i have not seen the buds yet.

@Dubi, you should recommend this one to any cannabis chefs you may know for sure. Does anyone else agree this strain has a good taste for eating the leaves?

FarmBuck

Thank you Dubi !! Such a beauty to grow, love the smell when she's flowering. Now my wife wants more of her lolll. Ok here's a summary of my KC in curing: going on 8 weeks of curing and the aroma is incredible. I would describe a nice smoke for the girls cuz my wife just adore it. Smoke is like a nice Bordeaux wine as it cure longer, something I know about wine lolll She is soft compare to other strains, not too "fuzzy" in the head the way my wife likes. Very mellow and good body stone just like a good Indica of the old days. She hit you fast but not like a cement truck loll. Oh yes, Also I did some hashish and oil with her and guess what ? She's a hell of a good hash smoke in long long time. Just like in my old days in the 70's. Will I grow her again ? OF COURSE YES !!

CowboyTed

. . . love the smell when she's flowering. Now my wife wants more of her lolll. . . . the aroma is incredible. I would describe a nice smoke for the girls cuz my wife just adore it. Smoke is like a nice Bordeaux wine as it cure longer, something I know about wine lolll She is soft compare to other strains, not too "fuzzy" in the head the way my wife likes. Very mellow and good body stone just like a good Indica of the old days. She hit you fast but not like a cement truck loll. Oh yes, Also I did some hashish and oil with her and guess what ? She's a hell of a good hash smoke in long long time. Just like in my old days in the 70's. Will I grow her again ? OF COURSE YES !!

Oh, how I wish my own Kali China harvest was as good as you described. Sadly, my grow was difficult, I'm a rank beginner, and the plants suffered. But I did manage to harvest some, and I'm enjoying a mild buzz now from it.

My Kali China has no smell at all that my (decidedly defective) olfactory senses can enjoy. I suspect the extreme dryness of winter air may be a reason, since the other strains I grew suffered similar terpene loss, though they smelled great at some points during the grow. Thankfully, I kept clones from all the strains I grew, and I'll be trying them outside this summer. Our summers are not nearly as dry as winter.

While it has no odor or flavor, at least my meager crop has enough cannabinoids to get past my tolerance, and the smoke is not at all harsh. I look forward to a healthier crop outdoors soon.

But for now, I think I'm gonna go smoke some more KC to top up my buzz. I haven't felt a buzz for a month or more! (while it no longer makes me high, using cannabis mostly just gives me a sense of tranquility. My mental health requires daily doses of tranquility to keep a monster contained.)

Last edited:

StrongTree

Kali China 50 days

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ColaCalyx

Kali China Cured Buds

Kali China Cured Buds

Here's some Kali China (f3-f4 sativa pheno) I harvested end of last September. Its had a nice 7+ month cure in turkey bags stored in food-grade buckets with gamma lids. I love the look of this herb, and its aromas and tastes are fantastic. There's a penetrating floral mango haze spice funk going on. The high can start out a little energetic/edgy at times, and develops into a creative, relaxing smoke. Everybody loves the smell, taste, and effect. Except my wife - she calls it "angry weed," (she isn't kidding, I've seen her) and forbids us to smoke it together haha.

Attachments

• 20190531_154820.jpg
    20190531_154820.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 20190531_154924.jpg
    20190531_154924.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 63

ColaCalyx

Hey brick - take into consideration that she is the exception. But it increases her irritability and she has no patience when dealing with our kids after smoking, which is one of the ways she calms down if they are giving her a hard time... I have snuck some into the bowl a few times without telling her, I have noticed each time she does seem to become bitchy. I think it has to do with the initial energy it gives feeling annoying to her...like an itch that needs scratching. I think its nuts, but more for me!

brickweeder

Hey brick - take into consideration that she is the exception. But it increases her irritability and she has no patience when dealing with our kids after smoking, which is one of the ways she calms down if they are giving her a hard time... I have snuck some into the bowl a few times without telling her, I have noticed each time she does seem to become bitchy. I think it has to do with the initial energy it gives feeling annoying to her...like an itch that needs scratching. I think its nuts, but more for me!

Thats interesting. Kali China has yunnan in it, which has a relaxing and mellow high. OE, which is 1/2 yunnan doesn't have an annoyance factor that I could detect. I haven't tried kali mist yet, but I wouldn't guess it to cause those effects. I think you are right, she must be the exception. If you get a chance down the road, give pure china yunnan a run and see if she has that same reaction.

ColaCalyx

@brickweeder

Yeah, I found her reaction strange. Perhaps the earlier generations of KC (such as mine) have a more edgy beginning to the high. Yet she loves my Reina Madre, Guawi, Panama×Bangi Haze, C-99 buds from last year - all very energetic. Maybe it's the terpene profile in combination with her twisted biochemistry lol. I hope Ace offers the fem Yunnan again, I would love to try it.

brickweeder

...I hope Ace offers the fem Yunnan again, I would love to try it.
Me too, I'd like to run the standard version next so that I don't have to dilute the genes developing some regular high percentage CY hybrids that stem from the fem versions, or spend a lot of time back crossing to it to get >99% CY. In any case, I'll probably give kali china a run if regulars are available, once i get through my backlog.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks FarmBuck for the positive feedback :)

So nice to hear you and your wife are enjoying so much with your Kali China harvest. Usually ladies really enjoy with the complex fruity and floral terpenes that this strain consistently produces when properly grown, while men find very appealing and exotic the meaty/hashy/incensey aspect of Kali China.

Glad this experience encourages you to grow again this genetics! :yes:

Thank you Dubi !! Such a beauty to grow, love the smell when she's flowering. Now my wife wants more of her lolll. Ok here's a summary of my KC in curing: going on 8 weeks of curing and the aroma is incredible. I would describe a nice smoke for the girls cuz my wife just adore it. Smoke is like a nice Bordeaux wine as it cure longer, something I know about wine lolll She is soft compare to other strains, not too "fuzzy" in the head the way my wife likes. Very mellow and good body stone just like a good Indica of the old days. She hit you fast but not like a cement truck loll. Oh yes, Also I did some hashish and oil with her and guess what ? She's a hell of a good hash smoke in long long time. Just like in my old days in the 70's. Will I grow her again ? OF COURSE YES !!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi CowboyTed,

So sorry to hear your experience with Kali China has not been as good as expected. Not sure what could be wrong with yours, but Kali China has been indeed heavily selected for producing very refined and complex terpenes, it's one of the strong points of the strain.

Hope you can grow clones of the strain again to evaluate her in a second round.

Oh, how I wish my own Kali China harvest was as good as you described. Sadly, my grow was difficult, I'm a rank beginner, and the plants suffered. But I did manage to harvest some, and I'm enjoying a mild buzz now from it.

My Kali China has no smell at all that my (decidedly defective) olfactory senses can enjoy. I suspect the extreme dryness of winter air may be a reason, since the other strains I grew suffered similar terpene loss, though they smelled great at some points during the grow. Thankfully, I kept clones from all the strains I grew, and I'll be trying them outside this summer. Our summers are not nearly as dry as winter.

While it has no odor or flavor, at least my meager crop has enough cannabinoids to get past my tolerance, and the smoke is not at all harsh. I look forward to a healthier crop outdoors soon.

But for now, I think I'm gonna go smoke some more KC to top up my buzz. I haven't felt a buzz for a month or more! (while it no longer makes me high, using cannabis mostly just gives me a sense of tranquility. My mental health requires daily doses of tranquility to keep a monster contained.)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely Kali China after 50 days of flowering StrongTree :)

Looking at your female, with her deep green colors and longer node spacing, i almost sure your female comes from the F3-F4 KC line.

Does she produce a refined and appealing mango incensey terpene profile ?

Please, let us know your opinion about her.
She looks so sugary, with such a familar expression ....
I'm already salivating here thinking about smoking her :D

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ehhehehehe that's strange because Kali China usually produces an uplifting, mood enhancer and pleasant effect that is highly appreciated by most, rather than producing a dark/irritating effect that some THC rich strains can produce in some persons, although of course every person is different and accepts cannabis effects in a very subjetive way.

Glad you and your close friends are enjoying with your well cured Kali China harvest. Looks and sounds fantastic! ;)

Here's some Kali China (f3-f4 sativa pheno) I harvested end of last September. Its had a nice 7+ month cure in turkey bags stored in food-grade buckets with gamma lids. I love the look of this herb, and its aromas and tastes are fantastic. There's a penetrating floral mango haze spice funk going on. The high can start out a little energetic/edgy at times, and develops into a creative, relaxing smoke. Everybody loves the smell, taste, and effect. Except my wife - she calls it "angry weed," (she isn't kidding, I've seen her) and forbids us to smoke it together haha.

Latest posts

Latest posts