What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks. She was a clone, probably vegged around a month or so. I brought her down at 9 weeks but no pictures. She's drying now, soon to be jarred. Spicy sweet aromas. :yes:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Here's one that I have not seen written up before. I got the Orient Express x Kali China seeds on the Seedbay a couple years ago and I'm finally getting a chance to pop one. This is just a lovely specimen. It looks very Orient Express to me, and I have grown OE about three times now so I've seen a few. The structure doesn't look quite the same, little bit taller and skinnier, but she is filling out nicely. Very sweet aromas but I think she is going to be much stinkier in a week or two as she matures.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Merry Christmas ICers! :tiphat:

My little Kali China x Panama is off to a shaky start but I think she'll be just fine. This was an R&D selection from a year or two ago and I'm happy to find it in my KC collection.

Speaking of KC collections...here's my Little Cab Under the Stairs. It can be a bit cramped at times, but I have had as many as 11 plants in here at one time. They are all on casters to make it easy to roll in and out. I like to keep a shelf on the side for little veggie side projects and right now there is a volunteer squash/melon/cuke that came up in a ROLS pot and soft hearted bloke that I am, I couldn't bear to kill it. I'm waiting for it to declare itself. Two years ago I had a bush zucchini in here, hand pollinated some flowers and actually harvested a small zuke for a stir fry. I've enjoyed a ripe cherry tomato or two as well in February and started a few pepper plants.

The sloping ceiling is great in many ways because I can essentially do Micro Grows at the rear and full sized sativas in the front with mid size plants in between. Typically I move seedlings from a small veg tent into the back of this space, then move them forward as they get larger. The stairs above allow for multiple staggered LED set ups which I leave suspended at fixed heights so I don't have to keep screwing around with ropes. With cob LEDs I can easily adjust the dimmers for varying brightness and it works great for dialed in temperature control as well.

Right now we have an entire garden of Kali China crosses, except for one elegant Michoacan Cream and a squatty Honduras x Panama bush.

Kali China
PCK x KC
Zamaldelica x KC
KC x Orient Express
Nep Jam x KC
Two ThaiChi

Daves Dank

Popped 3 Kali China seeds 3 years ago and found a great pheno that I still have to this day. Running a new batch of Kali China.3 nice plants 43 days into flower and I’m really liking what I’m seeing. The smells and the look of buds remind me of my keeper as well as the 2 other kc I let go years back. Two current plants have a nice main smell of bitter sweet mango with some nice woody incensey notes. One has a really special smell that I can only describe as mango mixed with a purple skittles taste turned it into a scent. Woody notes and some incense in the background. Reminds me of the purple Kali china pheno I had years back but this one is more intense in smell and better trichomes production. It’s got my eye, that’s for sure. My keeper that I’ve had for years is a Green pheno with a nice creamy mango and some wood/incense. Very uplifting and long lasting. The kind of high that sets in fully and you know you’re gonna feel good for a while. There’s no searching for the feeling. It commands attention. Will be posting pics soon of the Kali China as I’m a huge fan of the strain. Long time smoker and grower here and I must say it hits the spot perfectly for me. Top 2 strains of all time for me. All of my friends really enjoy it as well and very often prefer it over other strains I have like Rollex O.G. And Phone Home( triangle Kush x Wookie 15) from Bodhi.

Home-Grown

Thanks for your interest on the pure China Yunnan, Home-Grown.

Don't worry, pure China Yunnan will be back at some point,
and we will keep you all updated when the moment comes through our newsletter and in the China Yunnan thread in this room.

Any China Yunnan yet?
Correction, thought Ace seeds had Durban for some reason.

Last edited:

Fronk

Outdoor Kali China

Attachments

• 1F68D49D-179E-439C-B656-EB36E79B970C.jpg
    1F68D49D-179E-439C-B656-EB36E79B970C.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 34

Common Sense

Dear friends,

here are a couple pics that I feel can go in this thread. This is my first grow. 175 W SILED, 60x60cm tent, grown on soil. 2 weeks of veg, now 46 days under 12/12
A bunch of the trichomes are already amber, mainly in the top cola. Many are still clear. I think I might harvest her at 7 weeks.

Some leaves still show my overfeeding injury rust from last week, but maybe just fall colors...

Chinese frost

top cola

detail of above

vcasqui

She is looking nice. I would wait a Little bit more, since most of the pistils seem to be still White in the main cola, so I guess the lower buds have even less Brown pistils. My rule of thumb is to harvest when they are 50/50 White/Brown across the whole plant if possible, more or less. Really depends on environment and cultivar too I guess.

If it is your first grow, I would encourage you to experiment a little bit. You may try to harvest some of the top buds at different times (with different percentajes of White/Brown pistils and amber/cloudy/clear trichomes). Or collect the top buds and leave the lower ones… It's all about trying things until you find the one you like the most.

Anyways, if you want to harvest all the plant at the same time, I would wait a Little bit to harvest that one. But that's just me tho.

Common Sense

Thanks vcasqui.

I have considered an incremental harvest, but I think I will collect the whole plant at once. The lower buds are behind a little, but not by much.

I have switched to plain tap water pH'ed with vinegar already and she is making nice colors. It seems to me she is less fragrant lately, which I find a bit strange. But may just be overpowered by the Orient Express next to it, which definitely has some very unusual scent, that is hard to describe. Maybe some fruity gasoline, definitely more "chemical", but very pleasant and interesting.

She is looking nice. I would wait a Little bit more, since most of the pistils seem to be still White in the main cola, so I guess the lower buds have even less Brown pistils. My rule of thumb is to harvest when they are 50/50 White/Brown across the whole plant if possible, more or less. Really depends on environment and cultivar too I guess.

If it is your first grow, I would encourage you to experiment a little bit. You may try to harvest some of the top buds at different times (with different percentajes of White/Brown pistils and amber/cloudy/clear trichomes). Or collect the top buds and leave the lower ones… It's all about trying things until you find the one you like the most.

Anyways, if you want to harvest all the plant at the same time, I would wait a Little bit to harvest that one. But that's just me tho.

D

DNM1

Dear friends,

here are a couple pics that I feel can go in this thread. This is my first grow. 175 W SILED, 60x60cm tent, grown on soil. 2 weeks of veg, now 46 days under 12/12
A bunch of the trichomes are already amber, mainly in the top cola. Many are still clear. I think I might harvest her at 7 weeks.

Some leaves still show my overfeeding injury rust from last week, but maybe just fall colors...

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81844&pictureid=2007486&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81844&pictureid=2007490&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Chinese frost
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81844&pictureid=2007489&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

top cola
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81844&pictureid=2007487&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

detail of above

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81844&pictureid=2007488&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
They are saving their best for last.Vaping her, good you tried, was nothing to what their about to give you if try an hold yourself back for a few days

Fronk

Here’s my outdoor Kali China starting to flower. (Middle one)

Attachments

• 11E45FD9-BBE5-40C7-A3C6-2DFA11AF6A1E.jpg
    11E45FD9-BBE5-40C7-A3C6-2DFA11AF6A1E.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 36

Fronk

Attachments

• 6EB9CC97-89B9-465A-B4D4-2924CA1F692A.jpg
    6EB9CC97-89B9-465A-B4D4-2924CA1F692A.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 31
  • D3A56F3B-4B7F-4B16-A82B-C1F64AF4E5CF.jpg
    D3A56F3B-4B7F-4B16-A82B-C1F64AF4E5CF.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 39
  • C8AF0B88-7CF2-4A33-9B0D-079CA4CF2E4D.jpg
    C8AF0B88-7CF2-4A33-9B0D-079CA4CF2E4D.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 9510DEA3-D928-4D50-868E-C89C04F63843.jpg
    9510DEA3-D928-4D50-868E-C89C04F63843.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 28

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She is doing great Fronk, thank you very much for the updates :huggg:

Looks like a slightly more sativa Kali China pheno.

How are the aromas passing mid flowering ?
Sweet, creamy, floral, incensey ?
Or darker floral, meaty, incensey ?

Latest posts

Latest posts