What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My KC in a 45 gallon pot. Beautifully structured plant. Just finished pruning and spreading the plant open before flower at the end of this month.

Hi ColaCalyx,

Nice outdoor Kali China, looks like the more sativa F3 x F4 line, a taller, less purple expression, usually this pheno produces very tempting creamy mango incensey aromas. I think it was a good idea to open her structure after the topping so the secondary stems can receive more light intensity.

She must be about to flower or already starting to flower at this stage of the summer. Wish you enjoy with her flowering! :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dubi,
Here is my KaliChina at Two weeks flower. She has big leaves huh?
Is this normal? She looks all indica. [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77735&pictureid=1872606&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Welcome Lincoln2018 :)

Beautiful Kali China! As stated in the strain description, recent F5 Kali China generations have been bred towards the beautiful chinese hashplant indica structure, with some exceptions like the F3xF4 line which is the only released KC line with more sativa structure.

Best wishes for the flowering!

ColaCalyx

Outdoor Kali China Flowering

Outdoor Kali China Flowering

Hi dubi, thanks for the insight regarding the pheno expression of my plant. I would love to have flowers smelling of mango,cream, and incense.
You're right that my KC is flowering, she happened to be the first one to show. Will update later as flowers build.

Attachments

• 20180803_185913.jpg
    20180803_185913.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20180803_202051.jpg
    20180803_202051.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20180803_184517.jpg
    20180803_184517.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 30

Theorganicguy

This is a Kali China freebie I received with my order. Since I am not sure I will be able to grow next year, I thought to give her a shot and make some seeds crossing her with an erdpurt male. I am surprised by the fact that the leaves looks even narrower that my zamaldelicaXKali china. The stem has a pleasant citronella smell with some spicy tones. I changed her 2L pot with a 4L one, in order to provide her enough nutrients for the blooming phase. Is this a Kali mist pheno?

attachment.php

View image in gallery

Happy growing, everyone :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_4074.jpg
    IMG_4074.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Shooters

My sister-in-law got this as a free seed with her Lebanese order and gave it to me as she is looking for high CBD. I was thrilled to receive it as I've been wanting to give Kali China a try ever since my first batch of PCK x Kali China. I gave it the premium spot on the trellis:

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
This is a Kali China freebie I received with my order. Since I am not sure I will be able to grow next year, I thought to give her a shot and make some seeds crossing her with an erdpurt male. I am surprised by the fact that the leaves looks even narrower that my zamaldelicaXKali china. The stem has a pleasant citronella smell with some spicy tones. I changed her 2L pot with a 4L one, in order to provide her enough nutrients for the blooming phase. Is this a Kali mist pheno?

View Image
View image in gallery

Happy growing, everyone :tiphat:

Hi Theorganicguy,

You are right, Yours is a more sativa Kali China pheno, probably offspring from Kali China F3 mother, which is the older Kali China parental plant i keep with more Old Kali Mist influence in her structure, The F3 was before i started to inbred her more at F4 stage towards the very indica hashplant structures and shorter flowering times.

Hope she is doing well and growing a bit taller since your last update.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My sister-in-law got this as a free seed with her Lebanese order and gave it to me as she is looking for high CBD. I was thrilled to receive it as I've been wanting to give Kali China a try ever since my first batch of PCK x Kali China. I gave it the premium spot on the trellis:

View Image

Hi Shooters,

Glad to see you have given to your Kali China a spot of preference in your garden, i'm sure she won't disappoint you ;) She has a really strong growth, with a robust indica leaves and structure, but strong stretching as well. Best wishes for the flowering!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely ColaCalyx :)

Yours is also the more sativa Kali China pheno, more related to the F3 mother.
Excellent size, health and development, ready to produce a nice yield of exotic fruity incensey aromas ;)

Theorganicguy

Hi Theorganicguy,

You are right, Yours is a more sativa Kali China pheno, probably offspring from Kali China F3 mother, which is the older Kali China parental plant i keep with more Old Kali Mist influence in her structure, The F3 was before i started to inbred her more at F4 stage towards the very indica hashplant structures and shorter flowering times.

Hope she is doing well and growing a bit taller since your last update.

Really interesting data you provided me, Dubi!
I was really curious to see what the mix of erdpurt and some narrow leaves varieties could create. Now, I'll make my fantasy into reality :biggrin:
Since she was getting some yellow leaves, I moved her into a bigger pot, full of nutrients for her to use during the blooming phase. Sadly, she lost some leaves because she needed some time to get her roots around the new nutrients. Now, she's shooting out new shiny green leaves everywhere.
attachment.php

View image in gallery

attachment.php

View image in gallery

I like her purple stems. I am curious to see what kind of bud structure she will show.

attachment.php

View image in gallery

Skinniest leaves in the garden (Chinadelica leaves vs Kali china's)

A nice weekend to everyone :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_4170.jpg
    IMG_4170.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
oooh... love those stripes! Miss my Kali Mist! Where is the most probable to find the F3 pheno?

If it is like I remember, you'll get pine-cone shaped (sometime sized, and always as hard) budsites, 4 per internode.

She looks gorgeous now, subbed for the show :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really interesting data you provided me, Dubi!
I was really curious to see what the mix of erdpurt and some narrow leaves varieties could create. Now, I'll make my fantasy into reality :biggrin:
Since she was getting some yellow leaves, I moved her into a bigger pot, full of nutrients for her to use during the blooming phase. Sadly, she lost some leaves because she needed some time to get her roots around the new nutrients. Now, she's shooting out new shiny green leaves everywhere.
View Image
View image in gallery

View Image
View image in gallery

I like her purple stems. I am curious to see what kind of bud structure she will show.

View Image
View image in gallery

Skinniest leaves in the garden (Chinadelica leaves vs Kali china's)

A nice weekend to everyone :tiphat:

Hi Theorganicguy,

Kali China x ErdPurt sounds fun! :)

The purple pigmentation in the stems are usually related to the Kali China phenos i like the most. If you want to achieve the best potential of your plants growing in pots try to transplant for the flowering stage to a pot with a volume close to the volume of the plant. Best wishes for the flowering!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
oooh... love those stripes! Miss my Kali Mist! Where is the most probable to find the F3 pheno?

If it is like I remember, you'll get pine-cone shaped (sometime sized, and always as hard) budsites, 4 per internode.

She looks gorgeous now, subbed for the show :tiphat:

Hi repuk,

The Kali China more sativa F3 line is available in Kali China's Breeders Pack :yes:

ColaCalyx

Kali China bud

Kali China bud

Hi Kali China lovers - here's a close up shot I took today. Lots of beautiful fruity and floral smells and the resin keeps packing on.
The bud worms are attacking this plant hard and it's been a battle trying to keep them at bay. You simply cannot grow in my area outdoors without BT.....can't blame them though, everyone who smells this plant wants to take a bite.
Irie vibes:tiphat:

Attachments

• 20180903_201524.jpg
    20180903_201524.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 32

Theorganicguy

My kali china got treated to some lst and doesn't seem to mind. Because of last week rainds, her top was practically flushed and leaves started yellowing. Some nettle tea will replenish her. Sadly, she doesn't seem to be flowering even remotely. Probably gonna start on the autumnal equinoz. Pollinating him with some erdpurt and harvesting some seeds shouldn't be impossible.

Wonderful stem's colour. Smells minty and woody, truly refreshing. I'm really glad to have something unusual to work with :)

Have a good weekend, everybody :tiphat:

Last edited:

Bleiweis

Veteran
@Theorganicguy
You have the desirable pheno! I can see it from the stem! You're in for a treat believe me ;)

My long due smoke report:
First of all i have to say that i wanted to do a smoke report with some bud pictures but they were all gone before i could do that. That speaks of the quality itself!

Buds were very hard and produced wonderful aromas when you broke them apart. Bag appeal would be 9/10 in my book! Aromas ranged from menthol to incense and other special flavours that i can't describe...not a native speaker :) i have to say that this has to be one of the if not THE tastiest smoke i ever produced in my garden! I was very impressed with the smell upon lighting up the spear of freedom...such a pleasant smell- no smell of burnt grass/hay. Just perfumey aromas all over!

I noticed that after about 2-3 months of curing she really brought out her best qualities. High which she produced was very balanced and full. It was long lasting, mental, buzzing, produced a lot of laugh and induced some dreamy conversations. The main outline would be that it ticked all the boxes...except for the body stone! Otherwise it basically did everything it could! All of the people that tried it were very impresed. High lasted for a medium/long time. There was some ceiling...but it was nice! It became my favourite smoke of the 2017 season!

After about 6 months of curing all that toned down a bit and the buzzing qualities dissapered. You get some body stone instead! But yeah...it's not that flamethrower experience any more. Curing really brings down her temper!

So in a short conclusion i would say it like this. Excellent bag appeal, wonderful aromas, smooth smoke and a pretty good yield. I would recommend 1-3 months of curing for the best effect!

Thanks dubi for making this possible!

Theorganicguy

I'm glad you enjoyed the smoke, Bleiweis! Your smoke report got me even more excited than I was for this strain. The best things are always gone so fast, arent they :biggrin:?

My Kali China finally started flowering! I don't think she may be able to finish correctly. Anyway, the seeds are one thing I am really looking forward to!

Happy flowering, anyone :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_4279.jpg
    IMG_4279.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4280.jpg
    IMG_4280.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4281.jpg
    IMG_4281.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4284.jpg
    IMG_4284.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

ColaCalyx

Kali China getting near

Kali China getting near

Very floral, fruity, incense, with some musky undertones. Dense buds! I love the way she makes golf ball buds all over. I think it's deceptive how much she will yeild. I've lost a good bit to caterpillars this year, they love this plant more than any other. You can see sections I've had to cut from the main colas. She is starting to fade and I'd say early October harvest at the latest.:dance013:

Attachments

• 20180921_170111.jpg
    20180921_170111.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20180921_165047.jpg
    20180921_165047.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20180921_165941.jpg
    20180921_165941.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Latest posts