What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Hi repuk,

I think we have similar tastes :) Pre 2000 Kali Mist is also my all time favorite dutch strain. Kali China line is quite inbred nowadays towards more hashplant phenos so it's usually not a big yielder, but the quality, effect and terpenes are really really great in Kali China line, i'm sure you are also going to love her too ;)

Kali China yields better with warm contant temps in the first 2/3 parts of flowering (around 25º-28ºC), to lower down temps in the last third part of flowering (20-25ºC) to increase her resin production.

Wow cannot wait to smoke her! :yummy:

I'm afraid wheather has been exactly the opposite... cold temps on first flowering weeks, higher (but mild, around 25C) temps on finishing weeks...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Starting to show purple:

picture.php

How do you see her in terms of finishing Dubi? Should I start flushing?

I'm afraid I could have done it much better, too many different strains on same tent, nugs are hard as rocks so no complain!

I find it hard to leave the tent, the smells are out of this world!

and couldn't find a single skunk note, yippee!

Will be running Kali China again for sure!!

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a beauty repuk :huggg:
She advanced super fast since your last update, right ?

Glad you are enjoying with her complex terpene profile :D
It's the super fast and resinous purple China Yunnan hashplant pheno, the one it took me so much effort and time to stabilize in current Kali China generation since it was re released, with that super complex and refined terpene profile and with that irie happy and pleasant effect with a sativa touch that i like so much.

This pheno is usually ready in just 45-50 days, so if she is close i would start with the flushing.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Dubi said:
She advanced super fast since your last update, right ?
Yesss! This lady looks like it's not doing much on first 3-4 weeks... but from week 5-6 sets hyper-turbo mode in.

Smell is completely out of this world, I find myself smelling my hands constantly for about one hour after leaving the tent! :woohoo:

If I'm not mistaken, she's 50 days today, cannot spot neither amber nor mature hairs... Would like to know, what signs do you look for on Kali China Yunnan pheno to evaluate ripeness/best time for the chop?

Will start flushing tonight with plain PH'ed water unless you advice otherwise...

Impressive job Dubi :tiphat:

I know sativas require 1 month minimum curing to get the real thing, (some to even start displaying their potency) how would you say this applies high-wise with Kali China?

With such a complex terpene profile obviously is well worth the curing wait anyway to get the max out of them, no discussion about that.

It's being, and will be, really hard to wait! :dance013: one of the things I miss sou much is Kali smoke in the evening with some great music; I love music, but Kali made me enjoy it twenty times more!

Last edited:
R

red23

My Kali

My Kali

Hi D., and,everyone else.
18/02 from seed,outdoors, she has taken her time to reach with some LST,defoliation at around 140cm.She showed a slight need of nitrogen and, was given a bit CalMag,that did the trick.The once.No nutes whatsoever from seed, and, looks as if any day now she will go into flowering.
I need advice on what's best for her,nutritonally,if any.
Apart from that,I'll do my best for her to enjoy it:)

Attachments

• IMG_3788.jpg
    IMG_3788.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3776.jpg
    IMG_3776.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3789.jpg
    IMG_3789.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

orfeas

Veteran
Geia sou red!
What do you mean by "3+ months looks as if any day now, she'll go into flowering." ?
Will you move her in? Nutrition will definitely depend on the medium...beautiful lady you've got there!

:tiphat:orfeas

R

red23

Geia sou red!
What do you mean by "3+ months looks as if any day now, she'll go into flowering." ?
Will you move her in? Nutrition will definitely depend on the medium...beautiful lady you've got there!

:tiphat:orfeas
ΟΟΟrfeas what a pleasant surprise.Thanks! :tiphat: From seed she's 3 months and a bit today.I will keep her outside.BioBizz AllMix is what I had and used.
Had a couple a tries with Ace's seeds indoors.This is my first attempt outdoors with Ace,her Kali,and,advice I seek,to get an acceptable result this time.Got a few day old MalawixHaze(Ace) going as well :)

Attachments

• IMG_3811.jpg
    IMG_3811.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi repuk,

I also usually find myself spending too much time smelling my Kali China curing buds. :D

I would harvest your Kali China following the same criteria that you have successfully used previously to harvest plants with similar flowering times: in a peak of terpene and resin production, when most of the pistils are ripen and the trichomes are up to your taste.

Kali China's earliest purple phenos can be harvested in 7 weeks or so although the strain needs in average 8-9 weeks of flowering to be fully ripen.

Enjoy the harvest ;) I think you must be almost there!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome red23 :)

Your Kali China looks like offspring coming from F3 mother, you can expect a more sativa lanky structure in your plant and a longer flowering time than most current Kali Chinas from F4 generation.

What's your latitude ? Kali China usually starts the flowering in late July at 37ºN.
She looks happy so far with the feeding, All Mix Bio Bizz usually has quite a lot of nutrients, now onwards you can feed her with EC levels from 0.8-1.2 EC and in correct Ph range for soil (6.5-6.8). Good luck!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks Dubi!

Guess you are aware having you around providing first hand insights brings 50% of the thrill and joy of growing ACE strains! :huggg: :thank you:

I just discovered I have a Zamaldelica x Kali China fem seed!! :woohoo: :dance013: going to dirt right now!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I also enjoy a lot here with all of you! :huggg:
We all can be proud for making this space a great community!

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I also enjoy a lot here with all of you! :huggg:
We all can be proud for making this space a great community!

You have one of the best forums on the internet. To be honest I have no idea how you have the time to be so damn informative and helpful. Not a single seed company out there currently answers questions and minds their community like this one. Hell, I don't even think 3/4 are even capable of answering questions at the level you have been for years.

No bullshit or ass kissing just how it is.

:tiphat:

R

red23

Welcome red23 :)

Your Kali China looks like offspring coming from F3 mother, you can expect a more sativa lanky structure in your plant and a longer flowering time than most current Kali Chinas from F4 generation.

What's your latitude ? Kali China usually starts the flowering in late July at 37ºN.
She looks happy so far with the feeding, All Mix Bio Bizz usually has quite a lot of nutrients, now onwards you can feed her with EC levels from 0.8-1.2 EC and in correct Ph range for soil (6.5-6.8). Good luck!
Many thanks D :),for the advice and valuable visual comments.38*N 600m elevation.PanamaxHaze :)

Attachments

• IMG_4080.jpg
    IMG_4080.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Kali China has been harvested at 9th week end... Discovered aphids here and there under their leaves :wallbash: though I'm under the impression they didn't thrive on it, kind of resistant to them; one of the girls was much more infested.

Damned ants I'm sure it was them which brought in the aphids...

Nugs are rock solid, almost clones to my Kali Mist mom, but with much improved scents.

If smoke is as I think I'm going to have one of these girls as a staple going in my grows always. Say gourmet weed! :biggrin:

Funny thing: first time I see a 11 finger leave this way... there were like 6-8 fans at the top like this. The purple on the fans bottom side had a neon pink hue I had never seen either on weed.

Yunnan trait?

picture.php

G

Nice babes αδερφέ :)

The one on the right looks pretty much ready indeed.I would keep the taller one a couple more weeks though.
I bet they smell like heaven... :tiphat:

Spaventa

Veteran
Kali China has been harvested at 9th week end... Discovered aphids here and there under their leaves :wallbash: though I'm under the impression they didn't thrive on it, kind of resistant to them; one of the girls was much more infested.

Damned ants I'm sure it was them which brought in the aphids...

Nugs are rock solid, almost clones to my Kali Mist mom, but with much improved scents.

If smoke is as I think I'm going to have one of these girls as a staple going in my grows always. Say gourmet weed! :biggrin:

Funny thing: first time I see a 11 finger leave this way... there were like 6-8 fans at the top like this. The purple on the fans bottom side had a neon pink hue I had never seen either on weed.

Yunnan trait?

View Image

Sorry to hear of your pestilence woes but that leaf is super cool. I love stuff like that. Congrats on the harvest anyway.

psychologos1 - nearly there, but not quite, imo.

ColaCalyx

Kali China organic outdoor

Kali China organic outdoor

My Kali China has variegated leaves. Strong smell from stem rub.

Attachments

• 20180606_113827.jpg
    20180606_113827.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 16

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi repuk,

Yes, some pure Chinese Yunnans like to produce leaves and fingers like that .... the trait is also shown in Yunnan hybrids like Kali China. Glad you are finding her aromas appealing at harvest time :) bringing nice memories from your previous experiences with Kali Mist.

The main Kali China parental plant i use for breeding (my favorite KC parental plant i use for reversions) is very colorful, purple and red colors are quite common in Kali China and its hybrids, especially at harvest time.

Hope you are winning the battle against the aphids!