What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

nldfarmer

View Image

View Image

My first out of four Kali China fem seeds. Took down at 47 days 11/13. About 8 week veg in ten gallons and ended up 4+ feet untopped. The Ace description is pretty much on point, very incense mango and cream with light purple colors at the end. Perfect hash plant, smoke report to come. I will hit a clone of this with some GDP pollen to hopefully find a good male for the other three seeds.

Throwing out a quick smoke report. Taste wise this is amazing, like vaping straight incense. Such a unique and interesting aroma, I smoke it purely for the flavor. That is not to say the buzz is lacking, it is actually fairly strong, although the effect lends itself more to anti anxiety or general relaxing than the melt your face indica effects or heart pounding sativas. Ends up being great day smoke. One interesting note I found is when mixed with heavier indicas the combined effects were overwhelming, when a heavy body stone combined with the head relaxing Kali China properties sleep was just impossible to resist, so it will be interesting seeing how it mixes with my heavy GDP. Combining it with my Zamaldelica resulted in a more intense feeling it relaxing that lasted much longer than usual. In general it seems to be a good candidate for mixing in any direction.

G

Throwing out a quick smoke report. Taste wise this is amazing, like vaping straight incense. Such a unique and interesting aroma, I smoke it purely for the flavor. That is not to say the buzz is lacking, it is actually fairly strong, although the effect lends itself more to anti anxiety or general relaxing than the melt your face indica effects or heart pounding sativas. Ends up being great day smoke. .

Agreed on all points :) .This is definitely one of the tastiest herbs ever.I just decided to throw in one for the coming OD season,the yield is lacking a bit but it pays back in taste,aromas and effect.Quick one,too.

xinox

Hi rlsmooth,

Really happy you are enjoying with the qualities of Kali China!
You have described perfectly her kind of aromas and type of effect.

As you correctly pointed out, the yield of the current fem version is slightly lesser in average than previous/older regular versions, but now Kali China is much more stable and refined.
I'm so happy with the quality of the current fem version that i don't think i will relese a regular version unless i can achieve same level of quality and stability.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and wish she stays in your menu for a long time!

Hi Dubi,
I am glad i don't rush when you released the strain :biggrin: Always a great idea to wait a little to get the more refined versions :tiphat:
I bought a 6 fem pack at the Spannabis (hello to the ace Spannabis team ;) ), that was apparently made early March. I started them as soon as i got home some days ago.

Also start again 12 Rotten Panda, so this session will be full of Ace girls, it was a long time ;)

As always the germination was perfect, even the RP that have some years now. Never have a single seed from Ace that doesn't germinate... i cannot say that for most of the breeder i tried.

I'll let some photos when the girls will be ripe :plant grow:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Throwing out a quick smoke report. Taste wise this is amazing, like vaping straight incense. Such a unique and interesting aroma, I smoke it purely for the flavor. That is not to say the buzz is lacking, it is actually fairly strong, although the effect lends itself more to anti anxiety or general relaxing than the melt your face indica effects or heart pounding sativas. Ends up being great day smoke. One interesting note I found is when mixed with heavier indicas the combined effects were overwhelming, when a heavy body stone combined with the head relaxing Kali China properties sleep was just impossible to resist, so it will be interesting seeing how it mixes with my heavy GDP. Combining it with my Zamaldelica resulted in a more intense feeling it relaxing that lasted much longer than usual. In general it seems to be a good candidate for mixing in any direction.

Hi nldfarmer,

Glad you are enjoying with your Kali China, Kali China has not been bred for very high yields or overpowering effects, but it has been stabilized for having a unique and complex incensey terpene profile and a very high quality well focused effects with many desirable sativa and indica traits in a single plant.

She is lately my favourite inbred strain to produce hybrids, as you have experienced it combines very well with other strains, especially with more sativa strains.

Indeed we have released this year a Zamaldelica x Kali China limited edition, which produces a very resinous and fast flowering hybrid with a very interesting and strong sativa/indica effect and outstanding terpenes, in fact the extractions from Zamaldelica x Kali China have proben to be superb :yummy:

Thank you very much for the positive feedback :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi xinox,

Thanks for visiting us at our booth during past Spannabis :)

Glad you have had perfect germination with both Kali China and with the older Rotten Panda limited edition release. Do you plan to grow them indoors or outdoors ?
If you like strong heavy effects with intoxicating skunk terpenes then you will enjoy Rotten Panda, it's also a very good yielding and resinous hybrid, with a similar flowering time, structure and stretching than Kali China, so it's a good idea to grow both strains indoors in the same space, if that's the case. Best wishes!

xinox

Hi xinox,

Thanks for visiting us at our booth during past Spannabis :)

Glad you have had perfect germination with both Kali China and with the older Rotten Panda limited edition release. Do you plan to grow them indoors or outdoors ?
If you like strong heavy effects with intoxicating skunk terpenes then you will enjoy Rotten Panda, it's also a very good yielding and resinous hybrid, with a similar flowering time, structure and stretching than Kali China, so it's a good idea to grow both strains indoors in the same space, if that's the case. Best wishes!

Hello,
Outdoor is a little early here in France, it's pretty cold right now :biggrin: I admit the weather in Barca drove me crazy, i was jealous :biggrin:

They will be grow indoor under 560w of plant photonics led :)

gorilla ganja

Some beautiful Kali China's @ 8 weeks flower.
KC#1
picture.php

KC#2
picture.php

KC#2
picture.php

KC#3
picture.php

Peace GG

Spaventa

Veteran
Lovely plants gg. really nice bud structure, loaded but not too dense. This is in my diary for October.

Also, the white room is a nice blast from the past - before aluminium based mylar we used stuff called b and w - was white on one side black on other.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi GG :)

Lovely Kali Chinas! ... Looks like they are finishing quite uniform, right ?

Glad you are having the chance to grow Kali China and Orient Express at the same time in the same grow so you can appreciate the different personality of each strain despite both strains share same chinese indica line as one of the parents.

Please, share some close up pics before harvest if you have the chance! :D

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
congo#3 x kali china,
harvested @ 14.5wks of 11/13,
5wks from harvest...
picture.php

this girl really seems to need a good cure for her effects to come on.
no samples taken late in harvest had much effect,
nor none right after harvest.
now, 5wks later, the clean clear happy vibe energy is beginning to come on.
tho' more cure's in order.
not much taste, but as the cure lengthens, more of the kali china
spicy minty ka-ching seems to be coming on.

the pic shows her long trich stalks, but kinda small trich heads.
hardly any ambers when harvested, and still quite a few crystal clears.

if her re-veg works out i'll try growing her clones out
pole plant style, instead of multi-branched hydra next time.
bigger pot too.

saludos

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Gorilla Ganja that's an impressive lady! :bigeye: :tiphat: Did you top, tie, supercrop or train her?

My Kali China
My favourite all-time mom was a pre 2000 Kali Mist, thrilled when found ACE's Kali China. (Have yet to smoke ACE strains, but the chicken is in the pot already! :yummy:)

This is my Kali China Girl, curvy lady, really columnar growth. Natural growth but for a couple supercroppings, that I think she didn't like at all...

Fat soft stems, main one red/purple stripped, a trait that my Kali Mist had too. Fan leaves have purplish red petioles that really stand out.

On it's 3d to 4th flowering week (shouldn't it be more advanced in flower?). Coco DTW, 100% Salts, under a 199W SIL array.

Temps have been on the low side while whe was vegging and first flowering weeks, 11-18 ºC (52-64F).

Canopy shot
picture.php

General view
picture.php

Last edited:
G

congo#3 x kali china,
5wks from harvest...
View Image

bigger pot too.

saludos

High LowF!Beautiful budlets!Is this the congo x KC available on Ace website?Is the time you mention flowering time or from seed?Sounds a lot,hence the question.One broke ground yesterday :)

HlNsmkt.jpg

Nice lady Repuk!Seems she could get a bit more food at this stage,would help with yield! :tiphat:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks Syd Barret! :tiphat: noted, will prepare a special dinner for her, an put a third dripper on her. Running coco DTW, my reasoning being more nutes flow, pot big enough to "buffer" nutes, should compensate her being more hungry than he slimmer sativas next to her, hungriest being Nep Jams and Guawi which are fine with two.

Never ran hydro this way (hand feed or blumats).

Last edited:

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
High LowF!Beautiful budlets!Is this the congo x KC available on Ace website?
Is the time you mention flowering time or from seed?Sounds a lot,hence the question
.One broke ground yesterday :)

View Image

Nice lady Repuk!Seems she could get a bit more food at this stage,would help with yield! :tiphat:
hola syd-
yes, same from ace website. she went freakishly long...
a total outlier from the rest.
i just vaped some this morning, @ 8wks since harvest,
and her high is definitely improving. it was clean and clear,
but slightly disorientating. cotton mouth factor kicking in.
i really did like the taste of the kali china-leaners, and
would really like to find an energetic pheno with it some day.
best of luck with your grow, amigo. :tiphat:
saludos

gorilla ganja

Hi GG :)

Lovely Kali Chinas! ... Looks like they are finishing quite uniform, right ?

Glad you are having the chance to grow Kali China and Orient Express at the same time in the same grow so you can appreciate the different personality of each strain despite both strains share same chinese indica line as one of the parents.

Please, share some close up pics before harvest if you have the chance! :D

Sorry dubi, My cheap camera does not take close ups very well. So no close up pics. But as you know both strains were covered in trichomes.:biggrin:

It was intereresting to grow both KC and OE together as you said to see the differences. I liked them both as far as growth and structure.
The KC was quite uniform, definitely seen more extreme variances with the OE. Some of the OE streatch to the moon while others were more compact. As to be expected as the KC is a more worked line, correct?

I prefer the OE as far as smoking effect. Both are nice, but the KC was a bit heavy for me.

Peace GG

Gorilla Ganja that's an impressive lady! :bigeye: :tiphat: Did you top, tie, supercrop or train her?

Thanks for the kind words. All that was done to those was some defoliation of the fan leaves to slow vertical growth and let the side branches catch up. It worked great with these.

Peace GG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
congo#3 x kali china,
5wks from harvest...
View Image

bigger pot too.

saludos

Hi LowFalutin,

Not sure if you overmatured too much the Congo x Kali China or if the flowers had a health problem in late flowering ... brownish buds at harvest time indicates a degradation of trichomes, flavonoids and terpenes, brownish flowers usually produce a not very well defined effect and a harsh or bland taste.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My Kali China
My favourite all-time mom was a pre 2000 Kali Mist, thrilled when found ACE's Kali China. (Have yet to smoke ACE strains, but the chicken is in the pot already! :yummy:)

This is my Kali China Girl, curvy lady, really columnar growth. Natural growth but for a couple supercroppings, that I think she didn't like at all...

Fat soft stems, main one red/purple stripped, a trait that my Kali Mist had too. Fan leaves have purplish red petioles that really stand out.

On it's 3d to 4th flowering week (shouldn't it be more advanced in flower?). Temps have been on the low side while whe was vegging and first flowering weeks, 11-18 ºC (52-64F).

Hi repuk,

I think we have similar tastes :) Pre 2000 Kali Mist is also my all time favorite dutch strain. Kali China line is quite inbred nowadays towards more hashplant phenos so it's usually not a big yielder, but the quality, effect and terpenes are really really great in Kali China line, i'm sure you are also going to love her too ;)

Kali China yields better with warm contant temps in the first 2/3 parts of flowering (around 25º-28ºC), to lower down temps in the last third part of flowering (20-25ºC) to increase her resin production.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High LowF!Beautiful budlets!Is this the congo x KC available on Ace website?Is the time you mention flowering time or from seed?Sounds a lot,hence the question.One broke ground yesterday :)

View Image

Hi Syd,

Really happy to see you are growing Congo x Kali China this season :) I'm sure the genetics will love to grow in your garden! :comfort:

Latest posts

Latest posts