I thought about running all (big) ACE tent on its own thread, ACE gear more than deserves it
DR120 Tent 1,2m x1,2m x2m
Love and DIY has gone to this tent, lightning is all DIY but for a regulable (200-475W) Gavita digital ballast + gavita bulb 400W HPS: a COB setup at 170W
using 4x Crees CXA3070, a 240W HML
(to be deployed) and a Screw In LEDs (SILs) hood at 199W.
Scrubber/Extraction: Can-Lite 600 + RVK Systemair Sileo 125E2-L 341 m³/h (200CFM), Monkey Oscillating Fan, passive intraction (active comes next).
While 200CFM is the advised extraction by Secret Jardin for this tent, I found that until fully populated with big plants it is too much, so I added a TRIAC based speed regulator ($10)
and lowered it to 50% speed.
I love to experiment, learn and share.
I grow for myself, so quality comes first, then comes efficiency (gpw).
Heaps of tolerance, so potency for me is part of the quality.
Growing Method on this run
Trying to emulate Blynx and Terpene growing styles
: flat canopies with SILs grids for optimal overlapping of light intensity. Crunch tie n' bend for canopy shaping.
IMHO, is the most efficient growing method; as I already had other light sources, I will be comparing them to learn.
Feeding / Growing Medium
I grow in coco (bagged Canna), Canna A+B, PHing down with 60% nitric acid; I think it's the best option for coco for medium hardness water, not seeing carbonate salts deposits anymore on pot rims.
I usually hand-feed on the first vegging stages, playing with wet/dry stages after potting, hooking the blumats a week prior the flip to flower so that they bulk up. I keep them trough all the flowering stage.
But... I'm running my first DTW here
, and this tent will switch to full-salts regime once its reservoir runs out: Hakaphos Basis 4 / Yara Calcinit as base regime with MKP / SOP as variables, possibly some "organic" help (humic/fulvic acids).
Using 7L (2gal) pots this run, but Kali China, which has a 11L (3gal) pot. Will stick to 7L or 5L pots next run, as there's no need for big pots using DTW.
Did I say I love to experiment?
I'm a relentless perfectionist I'm afraid...
and Commodore 64 (c64)
have been my references, still learning to formulate my salt mixes.
I feed 6 times a day for 5 minutes, around 300cc to each pot each time. I'll keep EC around 0.9-1.
16mm line, 6mm distribution tubing and 3,5L regulable drippers.
See full details
ACE Indoor Lineup
Today finally all plants showed sex:
2x Nep Jams
Finally today sex on both Zams was clear. The smaller one throws in fact rather long pistils, I'm loving Zam so unique structure, will try taking a clone to run it outdoors also. Male will be culled.
Both Nep Jams are girls, #1 having grown to about 40% the size of the #2, which was a monster in veg and is flowering very fast.
#2 reacted great to crush n bend for an horizontal canopy… #1 is a smaller plant which didn't respond that well; it's bent top remains the larger plant part.
Both have a rather funky burnt-rubber scent when rubbing their stems.
Similar situation with Guawi vs Thai-Chi, Guawi reacted great with multiple strong tops, while Thai-Chi reaction wasn't that good.
Both Malawi and Panama are vigorously vegging, along with a LST'd reg Violeta. Malawi will require LST soon as it has overgrown the veg tent.
Kali China is way behind in flowering compared to the rest, will inspect it closely tomorrow.
Will be taking the girls out for an under the sun inspection tomorrow, taking pics under natural light.