What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Judge Packs thread 2024

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
Hi guys

you can start booking your judge packs for this year's cup !

Categories:
- Club Flowers
- Growers Indica
- Growers Sativa
- Breeders Indica
- Breeders Sativa
- Hash
- Rosin
- Bho

maybe BhO it be change to Edibles

See you all soon ! :tiphat:

Last edited:

regseeds

Hi guys

you can start booking your judge packs for this year's cup !

Categories:
- Club Flowers
- Growers Indica
- Growers Sativa
- Breeders Indica
- Breeders Sativa
- Hash
- Rosin
- Bho

maybe BhO it be change to Edibles

See you all soon ! :tiphat:
*Growers Sativa
*Breeders Sativa
*Hash

Will there be restrictions on entries that are not sativa?

i.e. I think the baseline minimum for something to be called sativa must have a bloodline from either P1 of at least 50%

Must cups today enter indica hybrids in the sativa section. Terminology can be argued, but there must be an agreed-upon definition of the minimum requirement to submit something called a *sativa, which cannot be an indica dominant poly-hybrid with a touch of Sativa somewhere in the bloodline.

Last edited:

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Unfortunately not. :(
The problem is finding a compromise between the number of categories and their understanding: a biologist might propose only one category (same species) where a smoker would propose 12 divided by aroma.

How does it work in the world of olive oil or wine?
tradition, family estate, market value

Piecho

Hi All,
I apologize for not understanding and hope you can explain.
Would love to participate but I am super limited being in Iran. How does the competition work? Do we present our own creations or growing provided seeds?
My apologies if I might be totally out of subject
Hey,
Warm thanks for reaching us : ) There is the main topic with the rules. Not sure myself about the shipping from Iran, but feel free to contact organisers directly - https://www.icmag.com/threads/ic420cup2024-lets-get-the-ball-rolling-thread.18129460

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
Hi All,
I apologize for not understanding and hope you can explain.
Would love to participate but I am super limited being in Iran. How does the competition work? Do we present our own creations or growing provided seeds?
My apologies if I might be totally out of subject

send me pm and let you know how it be works, we are internationals :smoke out:

Persianfarmer

Hey,
Warm thanks for reaching us : ) There is the main topic with the rules. Not sure myself about the shipping from Iran, but feel free to contact organisers directly - https://www.icmag.com/threads/ic420cup2024-lets-get-the-ball-rolling-thread.18129460
Hola Piecho! Than you so much for reaching out… was thinking that shipping cannabis to Barecelona from Iran might be highly illegal (do you guys ship discretely, how do you ship?)
I did leave a message and awaiting their reply. Again thx fratello

regseeds

Not very many people growing pure sativa these days and even less willing to enter cups. By being so pedantic about the sativa criteria you’ll end up with very few or no entries I’d imagine.

Peace
Plenty of sativa growers especially here on ICmag. Most of Ace's stock is "sativa". They're doing alright. After all, we're going to Spain, they have the climate. There is no excuse for this. The cup is not in Siberia.

It's not about being pedantic. Sativa's hybrids are fine. One indica parent and one sativa parent that could be selected toward the Sativa P1. fine............. That could be a "sativa" A baseline must be addressed. Otherwise, what is the point?

Scrap the sativa section and make it Hybrid. Nobody judging "indica" is smoking 24week Sativa's. Why is it allowed in the other direction, pure laziness.

OG dominant poly-hybrid crosses are not what we all know to be "sativa". But let's do a competition and allow it to be called that anyway............ mind-boggling

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Plenty of sativa growers especially here on ICmag. Most of Ace's stock is "sativa". They're doing alright. After all, we're going to Spain, they have the climate. There is no excuse for this. The cup is not in Siberia.

It's not about being pedantic. Sativa's hybrids are fine. One indica parent and one sativa parent that could be selected toward the Sativa P1. fine............. That could be a "sativa" A baseline must be addressed. Otherwise, what is the point?

Scrap the sativa section and make it Hybrid. Nobody judging "indica" is smoking 24week Sativa's. Why is it allowed in the other direction, pure laziness.

OG dominant poly-hybrid crosses are not what we all know to be "sativa". But let's do a competition and allow it to be called that anyway............ mind-boggling
None of whom entered the competition last year so the sativa entries were all hybrids as you said.

I’m sure the organizers would be willing to change the category name to hybrid if that would make everyone happier.

Peace

regseeds

None of whom entered the competition last year so the sativa entries were all hybrids as you said.

I’m sure the organizers would be willing to change the category name to hybrid if that would make everyone happier.

Peace
That's fair. If there is a competition to judge "sativa", we should be judging sativa. That's all I'm saying. We all have a common understanding of what we expect "sativa" to be.

If there are little to no "sativa" entries, make it one individual competition instead to reflect that. Ideally, it would be nice to judge genuine sativa flowers on the day. That is not too much to ask.

Latest posts

Latest posts