What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joey Weed's C99?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I read this thread and had to get a pack as well. Gypsy saying it was his favorite sealed the deal.

Scrappy-doo

How was the blueberry? I was searching for hours for info on it. From what he said in a post from 2002 is that he had been running it for a couple years at that point, so that would put them right at or pre2k. Been looking for that old school bb for years now.

Interested in that AK too. I heard there's possible cherry phenos to be found. Really the more I read the more I'm tempted to just pick up his entire lineup.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi Scrappy-Doo,

The BB was nice, indica and sativa phenos, all interesting. Most variation of his strains I grew. I recall thinking next time I would f2 and search there. Kind of like Dj seeds, gold in the f2's. Really good effect, good flavor with the blueberry acidity.

I gave the NL seeds to my buddy, I never saw the plants or sampled them. He said it was potent but made him useless.

The AK was straight spears of dank. Very nice example of AK and most likely the closest thing to the original available. I did not find anything cherry or fruity. Just really nice quality old school kind bud. I'm not really sure why I'm not growing this to tell you the truth.

Scrappy-doo

Thanks LB you just helped me convince myself I need to pull the trigger. Quite amazing these are the price they are. Hope he decides to offer some of his other lines too.

IntotheGreen

My current JW F3s. Seeds were made from last grow of F2s - these 3 were from one mom (#2 which most of my pics in this thread were of) that was hit with a mix of pollen from the 6 males I had. Ignore the yellowing bottom leaves - these plants are ready to get the F out of these solo cups but out of 30 total this round only 8 have shown sex so far, so I need to squeeze out a few more days before I make the final selection for the 8 or possibly 9 slots for up-potting/flowering. Only 1 of the Cindys is showing (female), but I highly suspect that the other 2 are girls as well.

picture.php

picture.php

LostTribe

Premium user
just for clarity, Gypsy was talking of Sly and Mr Soul ( Bros Grimm ) original release. . .

but I have had some fantastic results with JW's work as well,,, Blue Widow, Apollo 11 F2 and more

Actually GN Was probably talking about C 99 in general as he released his own version which was equal if not better to the original in 2003 with the GN03 release (found my high c fruit punch Grail there) later the dutchgrown f1 (f2).

With the right combination of male and female donors Cinderella 99 produces a stable line. But if you don’t have experience with your original genetics you won’t know what genetic markers to look for....

LT

geneva_sativa

The original C99 circa the year 2000 from Sly and Mr Soul of Brothers Grimm was touted as being a 47 day flowering sativa-dom plant, but most finished around the 50 day mark.

Turned out to be my most favourite 'erb ever, and still is to this day.

*Yes redlaser I would see quite a few amber trichs after 50 days.

Hey LostTribe, :wave:

It is true, I can not be sure what he meant by this statement,

but it is why I posted what I did

LostTribe

Premium user
Well I read this thread and had to get a pack as well. Gypsy saying it was his favorite sealed the deal.

Back in the day when OG when down and icmag had just started up GN had a fantastic pic of a bundle of C99 colas with the classic bright orange hairs on the home page or seedsdirect. From my ultra foggy memory. Glad I have her back in original form.

Hi Scrappy-Doo,

The BB was nice, indica and sativa phenos, all interesting. Most variation of his strains I grew. I recall thinking next time I would f2 and search there. Kind of like Dj seeds, gold in the f2's. Really good effect, good flavor with the blueberry acidity.

I gave the NL seeds to my buddy, I never saw the plants or sampled them. He said it was potent but made him useless.

The AK was straight spears of dank. Very nice example of AK and most likely the closest thing to the original available. I did not find anything cherry or fruity. Just really nice quality old school kind bud. I'm not really sure why I'm not growing this to tell you the truth.

Super helpful info!! Glad I stumbled upon this thread. I love when people in the community give solid feedback on genetics. It's pretty crucial as a community to provide this feedback so that others can obtain and work with the best genetics available so we can keep improving and selecting the most desirable traits from the gene pool.

So you think there are some really good keepers if you F2 his stuff?

The AK47 was good??? I'm looking for a good real deal AK47. The one hit wonder of the 90s. I have always heard there were some legendary cherry AK47 phenos. There's a dispensary in town that sells a cherry pheno of AK47 and it was some serious shit. Real good feeling, strong hitting dankness.

I've also been looking for a legitimate source for some real Northern Lights. Still haven't found a source that sounds like it's worth buying.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I did not find anything cherry or fruity in Joey's AK. It was definitely more old school AK than what I have seen in the last 15+ years.

The structure was old school AK I grew back in the 90's, long spear buds, fairly dense but not cookies dense. Old school flavor and effect. I ordered a few packs and two of the NL.

I'm glad I found some C99 experts. I need some assistance!

My friend gave me a C99 seed a couple years ago that I held onto for a while. When I started this run I let a couple seedlings dry out :( oops. So I ended up putting 4 different seeds in the same 1 Gal smart pot because I just needed one more plant to fill the footprint and they were all freebies. They died so I planted another in its place. The 4 options it could be are:
White WidowxBlue Lemon Thai
Chocolate Mint OG
707 Headband
C99

That being said, I have 2 different phenos of Blue Dream in the same room as well as a Headband and they look nothing alike. It smells tropical, very pineapple. Just a wonderful smell. She started out short and bushy in veg with pretty wide leaves and it even had a pretty smelly earth smell when rubbing the stem in veg. She doubled in size during the stretch and is just an absolute monster now.

The only problem is I'm on day 60 right now and she isn't completely filled out yet, still lots of white hairs. Definitely not ready yet. Trichs are developing nicely, real sticky and smells amazing but no amber yet. Seems like everyone claims true Cindy goes for 50-55 days? Other than that it really looks smells and grows like Cindy.

So please, here are some pictures of my "Cindy" Day 60!

Thanks,
Peace :joint:

Attachments

• C99 (6).jpg
    C99 (6).jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 12
  • C99andBlueDream backside.jpg
    C99andBlueDream backside.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 12
  • C99 Stem.jpg
    C99 Stem.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 16
  • C99 (5).jpg
    C99 (5).jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 15
  • C99-2.jpg
    C99-2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 15

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No fucking idea what that is but it isn't cindy lol. Looks hazey? If it's cindy something incredibly strange going on in your grow room i have never heard of or seen.

kushedy

I’ve been following both this thread & the ‘[FONT=&quot]Cinderella 99 The Come Back’ thread as well as I am in the market for come C99 seeds. Now some of you may recall I questioned the legitimacy of what people were saying here about the JW C99 due to the thread going quite at the same time as Hemp Depot stocking out of JW C99 & then the thread getting busy again when the seeds were back in stock, twice. Essentially it smelt a little fishy like a forum-based advertising campaign.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A number off members replied saying coincidence & that JW’s C99 is legit & they weren’t on the payroll etc etc. I’m pretty sure that that LostTribe referred to JW’s C99 as the closest thing to the original C99 available & sung its praise big time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yesterday on the [/FONT]‘[FONT=&quot]Cinderella 99 The Come Back’ thread, LostTribe said that someone’s description of their C99 did not sound like C99 & went on to state that old school C99 seeds would be hitting the market around the end of the year. That sounds like LostTribe either has something to do with that release or is at least it communication with whoever is producing it. I think most people were given the impression from this thread that from working through a pack or two of JW’s C99 that they would find old school Cindy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That’s how its being portrayed here. Now I did post a reply on the [/FONT]‘[FONT=&quot]Cinderella 99 The Come Back’ thread questioning this but no-one has responded as yet.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I’m not trying to cause a sh*t storm here but can someone make their mind up? Can old school C99 be found in JW’s C99 or not? If not why are so many of you pushing his seeds so hard suggesting that the original can be found in them?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LostTribe being such a supporter of JW’s C99, if it is so legit why are you or someone you associated with bringing out another C99 towards the end of the year which apparently is going to be marketed as old school Cindy?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am just a semi-well informed grower looking to buy some seeds but my choice is being made very hard by these threads![/FONT]

Happy Times

I'm glad I found some C99 experts. I need some assistance!

My friend gave me a C99 seed a couple years ago that I held onto for a while. When I started this run I let a couple seedlings dry out :( oops. So I ended up putting 4 different seeds in the same 1 Gal smart pot because I just needed one more plant to fill the footprint and they were all freebies. They died so I planted another in its place. The 4 options it could be are:
White WidowxBlue Lemon Thai
Chocolate Mint OG
707 Headband
C99

That being said, I have 2 different phenos of Blue Dream in the same room as well as a Headband and they look nothing alike. It smells tropical, very pineapple. Just a wonderful smell. She started out short and bushy in veg with pretty wide leaves and it even had a pretty smelly earth smell when rubbing the stem in veg. She doubled in size during the stretch and is just an absolute monster now.

The only problem is I'm on day 60 right now and she isn't completely filled out yet, still lots of white hairs. Definitely not ready yet. Trichs are developing nicely, real sticky and smells amazing but no amber yet. Seems like everyone claims true Cindy goes for 50-55 days? Other than that it really looks smells and grows like Cindy.

So please, here are some pictures of my "Cindy" Day 60!

Thanks,
Peace :joint:

Doesn’t really look like most C99 phenos, maybe you got a freak plant out of the seeds? Seems like a while to go on that lady

Thanks HappyTimes! Yea that's why I was confused because it's definitely got at least a week maybe 2 left to go which doesn't match anyone's description.

kushedy

I’ve been following both this thread & the ‘[FONT=&quot]Cinderella 99 The Come Back’ thread as well as I am in the market for come C99 seeds. Now some of you may recall I questioned the legitimacy of what people were saying here about the JW C99 due to the thread going quite at the same time as Hemp Depot stocking out of JW C99 & then the thread getting busy again when the seeds were back in stock, twice. Essentially it smelt a little fishy like a forum-based advertising campaign.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A number off members replied saying coincidence & that JW’s C99 is legit & they weren’t on the payroll etc etc. I’m pretty sure that that LostTribe referred to JW’s C99 as the closest thing to the original C99 available & sung its praise big time.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yesterday on the [/FONT]‘[FONT=&quot]Cinderella 99 The Come Back’ thread, LostTribe said that someone’s description of their C99 did not sound like C99 & went on to state that old school C99 seeds would be hitting the market around the end of the year. That sounds like LostTribe either has something to do with that release or is at least it communication with whoever is producing it. I think most people were given the impression from this thread that from working through a pack or two of JW’s C99 that they would find old school Cindy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That’s how its being portrayed here. Now I did post a reply on the [/FONT]‘[FONT=&quot]Cinderella 99 The Come Back’ thread questioning this but no-one has responded as yet.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I’m not trying to cause a sh*t storm here but can someone make their mind up? Can old school C99 be found in JW’s C99 or not? If not why are so many of you pushing his seeds so hard suggesting that the original can be found in them?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LostTribe being such a supporter of JW’s C99, if it is so legit why are you or someone you associated with bringing out another C99 towards the end of the year which apparently is going to be marketed as old school Cindy?
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am just a semi-well informed grower looking to buy some seeds but my choice is being made very hard by these threads![/FONT]

Any comment?

quiescent

People are pushing Joey's because GN03 isn't available anymore. Mosca's is not anywhere close to the originals. Bro's Grimm isn't from original parent stock obviously. I couldn't tell you of another person putting beans out I would grow myself to find something better or closer to the original than Joey's.

All of Joey's stuff is basically as close as you're gonna get to 90s weed without it being in a hybrid. Some good building blocks and a nice change of pace from the modern stuff.

IntotheGreen

I personally push Joey's gear because it was the first weed I grew and still my favorite. I've grown his Cindy, Apollo 11, Blueberry x C99, AK99 and they were all great plants. With the much-hyped new Grimm release of Cindy not being the same as the old school Cindy, the consensus seems to be that Joey's F2s from old Grimm stock are about as close to representing the original Gene pool as you're gonna find. As far as I can tell Joey's product has remained consistent since my early days of growing.

Joey Weed C99 2007 (left), and 2017:

picture.php