What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joey Weed's C99?

eyes

Veteran
Every c99 should be 8 to 9 weeks the latest, if it's not then it's not c99.

The whole allure to this strain is the sativa type high with an 8 week flowering time.

49 to 52 days is what i experienced from original stock.

kushedy

People are pushing Joey's because GN03 isn't available anymore. Mosca's is not anywhere close to the originals. Bro's Grimm isn't from original parent stock obviously. I couldn't tell you of another person putting beans out I would grow myself to find something better or closer to the original than Joey's.

All of Joey's stuff is basically as close as you're gonna get to 90s weed without it being in a hybrid. Some good building blocks and a nice change of pace from the modern stuff.

What you are saying is fair enough to an extent. It depends really when you say the closest to the original I would kind of expect to get some pheno’s that are pretty close for F2’s of the original if enough seeds popped.

That said there have been some people in this thread talking it up like it is as good as the original. In fact, some have gone as far as putting down other breeders & saying they are fakes where as JW’s is the real deal.

That’s all well & good but you can’t hype up the JW’s as the real deal only to then say, so many months down the line that there are going to be some seeds around later this year that are actually old school Cindy i.e. the real deal.

People would have already bought JW’s C99 of the back of recommendations in this thread. They would have invested money & a lot of time in growing out a pack. It’s like trying to sell something twice!

Here’s JW C99 it’s the real deal. Six months later, here’s a new release of C99 & this really is the real deal.
Well wasn’t JW’s C99 meant to be the real deal.

Sound s like someone is dropping the ball here.

Scrappy-doo

If I wanted a good C99 you bet your ass I'd be going with the breeder everyone is saying is the best available one they've found. Hell I'm not even looking for C99 and I'll probably get a pack just so I don't miss out. I'm more interested in his blueberry.

quiescent

What you are saying is fair enough to an extent. It depends really when you say the closest to the original I would kind of expect to get some pheno’s that are pretty close for F2’s of the original if enough seeds popped.

That said there have been some people in this thread talking it up like it is as good as the original. In fact, some have gone as far as putting down other breeders & saying they are fakes where as JW’s is the real deal.

That’s all well & good but you can’t hype up the JW’s as the real deal only to then say, so many months down the line that there are going to be some seeds around later this year that are actually old school Cindy i.e. the real deal.

People would have already bought JW’s C99 of the back of recommendations in this thread. They would have invested money & a lot of time in growing out a pack. It’s like trying to sell something twice!

Here’s JW C99 it’s the real deal. Six months later, here’s a new release of C99 & this really is the real deal.

You're reading too much into this.

Joey's stuff is the best out there currently and will remain the best unless someone is able to fem a clone from original stock/GN03 (slight chance but who knows how that will do), pops a large amount of beans that are old as fuck with a low germ rate (very, very slight chance) or a continuation of the line by an unknown grower that preserved all the original phenos but kept other traits from creeping in (.000000001 % chance).

People's opinions and viewpoints change if they experience something counter to what they've said before.

If I wanted a good C99 you bet your ass I'd be going with the breeder everyone is saying is the best available one they've found. Hell I'm not even looking for C99 and I'll probably get a pack just so I don't miss out. I'm more interested in his blueberry.

Look for the fluffy more indica stuff, shit tastes top notch and the vibe is exceptional.

quiescent

I’ve seen some comments that the C99 is good for situations where low odor is needed, anyone have a take on this?

It doesn't smell like your typical plant, very sweet and fruity but you will still need a carbon filter in good working order. It won't test the limits of your filter like diesel/chem/og/cookies strains can, it's a very manageable smell.

IntotheGreen

The thing about Joey Weed is that as far as I can tell, from both the information on HD and having grown his C99 a decade ago as well as seeds from his "new release" last year, it's the same Cindy, which is and has been marketed as F2s from original Grimm stock.

As far as LostTribe's claim that other versions aren't authentic or as good, I can't speak for him but it does seem like he's grown the most different breeders' versions of anyone on this thread, including the original Grimms. As far as his comment in the other thread about "expect an old school release this year," seems he was either saying that Joey (currently out of stock) should have more of his old school C99 F2 beans available later this year (wouldn't necessarily mean he has inside knowledge - seems likely Joey will restock) or perhaps he meant that he himself (LostTribe) will be releasing his own "old school" version of Cindy. I'm sure he will chime in soon.

kushedy

Well according to HD’s site JW C99 is in stock. I don’t know what’s gone on here but I think its easy to understand my concerns when there are so many in the seed industry/racket willing to use forums to drum up interest in products. Does it make it right for them to do so if the product in question is legit? If it is legit?

In my experience warning signs appearing are not reasons to part with my hard-earned money, quite obviously thee opposite.

Scrappy-doo

If your theory is true I wonder why Joey's not inflating threads and scamming for sales on any of the other canna forums? He must just be lazy.

kushedy

Maybe he’s doing so well from this one he does not need to? I’m not specifically saying this is JW. Bottom line is it looks a bit dodge & it relates to JW, HD & some members here. Doesn’t mean I am saying JW is master minding some elaborate scam or that everyone on this thread is involved in the global conspiracy. There are other people in the chain who make money from JW’s product selling.

Come on scrappy-doo you appear to have been around long enough to have heard of if not seen forum marketing?

In the worst instances, I’ve heard of people using socks accounts to pose as multiple members to big up their own brand to generate sales. Sometimes multiple people are involved. In the best instances of this the seed breeder or seed bank is actually supplying a decent product & in the worst instances sometimes seeds are not even sent out or bag seeds are sent out. I appreciate we are talking the lowest of the low at that spectrum & I’m not saying anyone here is being that malevolent. It doesn’t change the fact that it goes on & I don’t think its that out of line to question things that don’t add up on threads like this one which are essentially steering custom away from other breeders toward HD & JW.

beanja

hd lists how many c99 are left at the listed price and there not moving very fast . None of his strains are .

IntotheGreen

...I don’t think its that out of line to question things that don’t add up on threads like this one which are essentially steering custom away from other breeders toward HD & JW.

Lol dude this is a thread ABOUT Joey Weed C99 specifically. It stands to reason that people who have experience with it are sharing their thoughts here. If you or anyone else has grown or smoked Joey's Cindy and have negative feedback to offer, by all means let's hear it. I can only speak for myself but personally I don't go on threads of plants I haven't grown and try to sway people's opinion one way or the other if I have no experience with said genetics. I post about what I have personal experience with, like JW's Cindy. I grew it over a decade ago, I grew it last run, and I have it growing (F3s) now. It's pretty much the exact same as it was back then, and the consensus around here is that it's the closest genetic representation of what was available from the original Grimm stock. Worth noting from my personal perspective is the fact that I spent MONTHS researching the first strain I wanted to grow back when I got into this awesome hobby, and through exhaustive forum/seed bank/book reading, I settled on Joey Weed Cinderella 99 F2s. Blew me and all my friends away a decade ago, still hits the sweet spot today. And at $60/pack, it's one of the best values out there. So to review, am I encouraging people to buy Joey's C99? Yes, if you like Cindy and like what you see from the pictures and descriptions people (including me) have posted in this thread, and think $60 is worth finding out for yourself (the only way you're really going to know if it's legit). If you think it's all a conspiracy to pump Joey's stock, c'est la vie - more beans for me!

kushedy

Dude don't make out that I'm going all flat earth on this thread. As I have already pointed out I raised concerns that relate to this & the other Cindy thread & the fact that JW's Cindy is being repped as the real deal yet apparently we are also to look out for seeds later this year that really will be the real deal! There is also then issue with stock availability & thread activity but I generally let that go because I couldn't be bothered. Now theres this new upcoming release we're meant to be looking forward to. Is it not reasonable to ask the question?

Scrappy-doo

lol you kinda have gone all flat earth here. I find it funny you used that phrase because that's the exact one I had in mind. The last 3 pages you've formed some elaborate conspiracy theory based on a single post by Lost Tribe when the fact is you have no idea what he meant from that post, which is on a completely different thread. Do you really think anyone here is going to know what he was talking about? Perhaps this is something you can pm him about rather than derailing this thread. I don't think harping on it is getting you anywhere.

kushedy

No, I’m not going all conspiracy theory at all. You are just saying that in order to try & run some sort of half-witted smear campaign.
What you don’t think people on here haven’t seen that sort of thing before or do you think that the average ICMAG user is so dumb they won’t realise?
That approach is usually cooked up by someone trying to cover their own arse scrappy. What stake do you have in this?

LostTribe is commenting in both threads I mentioned & it is entirely relevant to bring it up in this thread as I had simply asked the question in the thread where he spoke of the new release. He/she then ignored the question & moved back to posting on this thread. He/she has now stopped posting in both threads. He/she could have simply just posted some sort of explanation in either thread pages ago before his little chums decided to try & turn it into sh*t show.
That hasn’t happened. Instead you lot of tried to offer presumed excuses which were guess work at best & pretty vague. Now since I am still here you are trying to smear me as a conspiracy theorist. That’s the best you can do. Really.
To call something this simple & easy to understand a conspiracy theory is like trying to say 2 x 2 equalling 4 is a conspiracy theory.

I think me harping on is getting somewhere Scrappy because I have been messaged already by 2 people who also share my concerns. In fact, one of them did message LostTribe directly & the response he got was LostTribe calling him a nub troll!

Rather than trying to argue with me about something that by your own admittance you don’t know the answer to why don’t you message LostTribe since presumably you are tight & maybe you can get the real explanation & update the thread.
There was no argument till you started one, only questions. What sort of world would we live in if we were not allowed to ask questions scrappy, rhetorical.

Last edited:

Scrappy-doo

I think I'm starting to understand now why he didn't reply to you.

Well then I'll leave you to it. Good luck finding the answers to your important questions.

:tiphat:

kushedy

LOL the message I typed was in the other thread & was quite polite but inquisitive, for obvious reasons. When there was no response I also raised the question in this thread. No response to either.

I have not messaged him directly. One of the people who messaged me about this thread did message LostTribe directly. The response was quoted in my previous post.

Look scrappy it brings me no pleasure to get spikey with someone on a forum but if you want to start getting all smug trying to rubbish someone’s standing/word to meet your own agenda you are likely to get a spikey response. If you don’t know the answer to the question that’s ok but don’t imply someone is a liar or mad for not accepting your guesswork as gospel.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hey Kushedy

I can explain what's going on in this thread for you. Lost Tribe, Scrappy, and I have been discussing C99 for a long time. In this thread, which is titled JW C99 we are discussing JW strains as well. No one here works for or has any relation to JW. I have grown almost all his strains and I added my experiences.

Lost Tribe has the most experience with C99 from multiple breeders. His opinion I value.

Scrappy and I were discussing ordering some JW strains. I got the AK and the NL.

That is it. Nothing underlying or shilling for JW. JW was out of the game for awhile and some of us are glad to see him back. The only reason HD is mentioned is because that's the only place to get the genetics.

So enough of trying to make more of this than it is.

Have a great day !

beta

Veteran
Hey Kushedy

I can explain what's going on in this thread for you. Lost Tribe, Scrappy, and I have been discussing C99 for a long time. In this thread, which is titled JW C99 we are discussing JW strains as well. No one here works for or has any relation to JW. I have grown almost all his strains and I added my experiences.

Lost Tribe has the most experience with C99 from multiple breeders. His opinion I value.

Scrappy and I were discussing ordering some JW strains. I got the AK and the NL.

That is it. Nothing underlying or shilling for JW. JW was out of the game for awhile and some of us are glad to see him back. The only reason HD is mentioned is because that's the only place to get the genetics.

So enough of trying to make more of this than it is.

Have a great day !

kushedy is an alt-right islamaphobe conspiracy theorist. If you think you're going to logic him into taking a reasonable stance on anything, you're gonna have a bad time.