What's new

Jettas Micro Cab

Mk3Jetta

ok the rubbermaid it is in is like 14"x24"x6"

The soil fills the whole things. There are spots over probably 55% of the soil.

IDK WAT TO DO!!! this shit is out of control. I may just throw it all out, bleach the interior, and buy new soil.

Trash it and start over imo, you've got nothing to loose at this point but 1 seedling... unless you'd rather have a breed of spiders, could be any breed of spider.. deadly ones, not the brain eating kind like i mentioned in the other post... Brown recluse, Widow, Wolf spider.

Because then you'll not only have to throw it out anyway, but then you would have a spider infestation of possibly venomous killers. But you'd never have to worry about any other kind of bugs on your plants :D

Mk3Jetta

Well its actually not on my plants or near it so i think it might be mold from the rubbermaid because there was also condensation inside of the tub.

I am goin to throw out all the old soil and bleach the shit out of it and rinse it out.

grouchy

Just pick out what you can and then freeze it for awhile. Spiders won't hurt anything and might actually help kill other bugs.

superpedro

Veteran
Are you sure it's not just the ordinary (and harmless) white spagnum fungus?

From some of my plants.
mug.jpg

Mk3Jetta

Hey that kinda looks like it! are the little balls just like perfectly round and surrounded by fuzzz?

its harmless?

superpedro

Veteran
I don't know if they are perfectly round, I haven't studied it before since I see it all the time. On this one it's close together in small colonies with a fluffy bigger layer on top..

Soil is alive with beneficial biology, just nature doing it's thing. :D

Mk3Jetta

I don't know if they are perfectly round, I haven't studied it before since I see it all the time. On this one it's close together in small colonies with a fluffy bigger layer on top..

Soil is alive with beneficial biology, just nature doing it's thing. :D

hhmmmm. Well thats interesting, and yes they are all in little colonies around the soil.

I thought any mold was bad mold... Couldn't it then infest your buds with spores, and cause them to be prone to molding in the container when you cure them?

superpedro

Veteran
I thought any mold was bad mold... Couldn't it then infest your buds with spores, and cause them to be prone to molding in the container when you cure them?

No. There is billions of different types of fungi, fungi play an important role in decomposition. From big mushrooms to those invisible to the naked eye. A lot of them are very specific about where they want grow, and woudn't survive without a certain mix of nutrients and chemicals, found only in one kind of organic matter.
Fungi grows on the roots of your plants as well, they help in the absorbtion some nutrient elements, and is "feed" carbonhydrates by the plant.
We couldn't do without them :)

I work in greenhouses and deal with millions of flowers each year, and I've never seen a case of this getting agressive towards anything but spagnum.

If you ever get a chance, try looking at a soil sample in a microscope. Its alive!

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
If you ever get a chance, try looking at a soil sample in a microscope. Its alive!

Yeah! Or look at the vids on here - pre microscoped and with an upbeat commentary by microbeman. It changed the whole way I think about life, let alone gardening. :joint:

I was going to suggest the problem could be a helpful thing, but I dunno...those eggy bits look scary.

superpedro

Veteran
This is a picture of top soil I've just made. They want 4K $ for the real camera for my microscope :moon: , so this is made with a normal cam through the standard eyepieces, at low rather low magnification and quality. I wish you could see what I see.
mickro.jpg

Soil is supposed to be alive. :D

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Cool. I had some weird stuff growing in my coco. I never worked out for sure if it's beneficial or not. I thought it was root aphids but I got rid of them but this stuff is still there...

superpedro

Veteran
That looks more suspect. Does it grow directly on the root, does it stay on the coco or both?
Nobody on the coco forum recognized it?

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Well everyone on the coco forum said straight away that it's root aphids, but on the root aphid thread there's no real talk about it...I meant to go back and ask why everyone knew it was root aphids. I think cos in that last pic which was the one I posted, I can see an actual aphid looking thing in the roots.

It grows close to the roots, but not really attached. And it's in much bigger clumps naturally but it breaks up easily when I dig some out. Seems to be near where light gets in and you can probably see some slime too. I agree that it's very questionable! But I haven't seen a root aphid on it for a long time now.

Mk3Jetta

sphagnum peat moss is the number one ingredient on my seedling mix so i'm guessing with superpedros help that it is just a harmless mold. I will be keeping an eye on it however.

a little update:

My HPS is off right now and I'm just using the two cfls. It was getting very hot in there and the plant seemed kinda stressed out about it. Also it is wilting pretty bad and curling toward the soil. I think it may have been a deficiency of calcium and magnesium or something like that, because I was using RO water and not pHd tap water.

I switched to pHd tap water and shes looking a little bit healthier today. I'm gonna stay with the tap water until I transplant into the final buckets and start feeding nutes.

I thought I was gonna lose her and I dont have anymore seeds left to try.... :(

Mk3Jetta

Update Day 26 from seed

I transplanted today into final growing medium and it is a 6"square pot.

FFOF w/ added perilite and recommended amount of Sunleaves soil sweetener (lime) for quantity of soil.

My S1 is still hanging in there and looking very green and healthy. will have pics soon.

Mk3Jetta

I am now calling her Layla. My gf likes the name and I want some positive vibes for this plant.

I fed her this morning with 1mL/gal Grow Natural til runoff. pH was 6.2 from runoff.

Layla is looking BEAUTIFUL and if I put my nose close up to her I get a slight whiff of dank!

i'll post pics soon. just gotta go get my camera.

edit: Humboldt nutes 'heavy' program says to feed 5mL/gal in first week than 10ml/gal going forth with that. I'm sticking to their '1/5' feeding schedule, which i made up. :)

Strangely

I got home from work today and it died. gay. really gay.
this made me laugh, not your predicament obviuosly dude, just the language. :)

I have that White shit all over (the pot mainly) of my basil plant (gay) for what it's worth.

I have a mk3 golf btw. Nothing spesh, coilovers, nice exhaust not much else. Best of luck with the grow mate, I'll keep swinging buy.

Latest posts

Latest posts