What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jet47, Onyx, RRF and Santa 90w LED grow.

Reckoner

well I wished I could say the same thing! ((it's because of your test grow seedling, I bought em')) All 10 of my purple mazars didnt make it!!!! [died @ day 3-5] <<was super effin pissed because I too wanted to compare to the PJ's.....I know it wasnt grower mistake...wonder if the breeder can help me out??? I have No More purple autos now....

That's sad to hear... I hope I wont have this kind of problem with mine...

Think the one i have right now is leaning alot to the Whit Russian as i see alot of AK in it. Liking it so far, it is probably the fastest finisher of the autos im growing now and smell is very pleasant!

White Russian leaning ... I should have grabbed a pack of these too :D

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
MMMMM oily onyx leaves and onyx trich coverage! Reminds me of my onyx! They are notorious for those wax like leaves! Very pretty! Great job, do you have ANY idea how much they will yield each? Your making me wanna go pick up one of those ufo lights!

Seedling

Hey Reckoner!
Im sure you wont have that problem, have heard lots of reports of people growing the PM and never heard of that problem before so dont worry mate! And yes the white Russian leaning Santa is nice, but its mainly AK47, cant really detect any WW in there but im very happy with it as it is. Fast flowering and excellent smell. Think it will yield good as well, even if its in a smaller pot them the Jet47 and the Onyx.

20/4: Thanks for stopping by, not sure how much they will yeild each but i bet it will be very good. The Jet47 and the Onyx are in bigger pots and im guessing they will easily make over an Oz each. The others will probably yield over an Oz together. My goal is to get more then i did from my last grow, that was 110g dry from 90w = 1,2 g/w

So fingers crossed, i will let the girls go for as long as they need and that is at least a week in to 2011...need my trics to go 50%amber minimum :) The Santa could easily be cut earlier but im going away for a bit so it either harvest early or later and im all in for later.

Keep the comments coming!

Cheers/ S

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Hey Reckoner!
Im sure you wont have that problem, have heard lots of reports of people growing the PM and never heard of that problem before so dont worry mate! And yes the white Russian leaning Santa is nice, but its mainly AK47, cant really detect any WW in there but im very happy with it as it is. Fast flowering and excellent smell. Think it will yield good as well, even if its in a smaller pot them the Jet47 and the Onyx.

20/4: Thanks for stopping by, not sure how much they will yeild each but i bet it will be very good. The Jet47 and the Onyx are in bigger pots and im guessing they will easily make over an Oz each. The others will probably yield over an Oz together. My goal is to get more then i did from my last grow, that was 110g dry from 90w = 1,2 g/w

So fingers crossed, i will let the girls go for as long as they need and that is at least a week in to 2011...need my trics to go 50%amber minimum :) The Santa could easily be cut earlier but im going away for a bit so it either harvest early or later and im all in for later.

Keep the comments coming!

Cheers/ S

Could you possibly link me to the UFO light yo bought(PM), i know there are many kinds and i would like to get the very best one if i do go this route,i know some are made very very cheaply... i would be running it NEXT to my 150watt hps... which i am able to pull around 100 grams with currently so the ufo would help me double what i am now, without the heat of an hps...Also how much area would you say the ufo covers and how far above plants do you keep yours? I know you have done a few grows with it, so you know whats best :)

Seedling

Hey there.

Sorry but i dont have the linky to the Light i bought, it was of e-bay and the seller is no longer active :( You could easily find a similar one though. Mine is a Tri band LED with 1w Bright Lux LEDs. I know that if you have a poke around you could find the same product from a different seller. Just make sure to red the comments he has received on the lights so you know its the bees nees and not some crappy x-mas lighting :D

When it comes to what kind of area it covers im not really sure, growing in a limited space that is something in the realm of 2ftx2ft and it would cover an area bigger then that. For maximum effect i would say the LED should stay 10" above but a bit more is good as well.

Hope this helps :/

//S

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i still think the onyx will be the best performer and cant wait to see the trich production from the led as i know what she is capable of

keep up the good work :good:

Seedling

i still think the onyx will be the best performer and cant wait to see the trich production from the led as i know what she is capable of

keep up the good work :good:

Well i have to say that i agree. Had a look today and the Onyx is putting on lots of weight, smell and trics! The Jet seems to have slowed down and looks kind of lanky and not to much happening there :( Tric production is very nice but other then that it has slowed down... But we will see, still plenty of time to go. Will take some pix tmrw for you guys.

Seedling

Here's the LED I'm using. http://growledhydro.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=2

Pulled 7 oz. off 6 Diesel Ryders the first grow, two of them giving over 60 grams. Have some Mi5 under it right now that look like they will yield over 2 1/2 oz. each. Stay away from anything using 1 watt LEDs. No penetration.

Well i dont agree with that totally... Maybe the penetration isnt as good but looking at yeild the 1w seem to do s well as your 3w LED light. You pulled 7oz (196g) of 180w (60 x 3w) of LEDs. That is 1.09g/w The light im using is 90w(90 x 1w) and I pulled 3.9oz(110g) That is 1.22g/w So even if there is better penetration with the 3w lights the yield is pretty similar and the 1w LED lights are way cheaper.. In the end I guess its about the same as the quality might be better on the 3w lights but its nothing that is certain! Mine has been used for 4 grows soon and its working like its brand new... Thinking of getting another one to up the ante a little bit... //S

Seedling

Ok photo update!!

If im not wrong it day 47 today. Not much to say, they are on full dose of nutes and loving it, seeds are ripening up and all plants are putting on weight and trics. Very happy with all of them. Nice mix of plants, some pure indica some in between and then the Jet that looks to be a lot sativa leaning. :D

Enough said, here are the pics.

First a group shot so you can see the progress since last update.
picture.php

Jet47 perking up.
picture.php

Jet47 bud
picture.php

An other one. Jet 47
picture.php

Onyx.
picture.php

And finally an RRF frosty nugget.
picture.php

Cant wait for these to finish, its day 47 now and al reddy the smell and tric coverage is very promising. Wonder what an other 3 weeks will do for them :D Think they will be ready for the chop around day 70-80.

Take care and have a good week end you all!

Muddy

That was my first grow using it and I had the light too low through out the whole grow. I only recently learned I should have continued veg nutes for another week. I now have Mi5s under it that will be finishing up within the week. Again, I fed veg nutes for 5 weeks instead of 6, which probably cost me around 6 more inches in vertical growth and maybe 1/2 oz. in yield. Right now they look like they will yield around 2 1/2 oz. per plant or close to 10 from 4 plants. With that additional vertical growth I think I could be seeing close to 3 oz. From the research I did before buying the light I doubt I could pull that much using 1 watters. I'm so pleased with it that I will probably replace the 400 watt HPS in my other area with another 180 watt LED.

Well i dont agree with that totally... Maybe the penetration isnt as good but looking at yeild the 1w seem to do s well as your 3w LED light. You pulled 7oz (196g) of 180w (60 x 3w) of LEDs. That is 1.09g/w The light im using is 90w(90 x 1w) and I pulled 3.9oz(110g) That is 1.22g/w So even if there is better penetration with the 3w lights the yield is pretty similar and the 1w LED lights are way cheaper.. In the end I guess its about the same as the quality might be better on the 3w lights but its nothing that is certain! Mine has been used for 4 grows soon and its working like its brand new... Thinking of getting another one to up the ante a little bit... //S

Trex

Hi, love your grows just wondering where you got your led light from. also do you buy new seeds or breed them how do you find that?

Seedling

Hey Muddy.
Would be sweet if you pull that kind of weight from the light you have! I dont want to come in here with bad karma, that was not my intention, all i did was think about the numbers you pulled from that grow you talked about. Nothing negative coming out of me, it was all reflections.

Im actually thinking about upgrading my lighting and it stands between getting one more UFO 90w or buying a new 180w light and giving my old one to a friend in need. I would love to know more about the numbers from the grow you are doing now, maybe that can convince me to go for a new light. Dont really care if its a bit more expensive if i get better bud from it.

Trex, it makes me happy to hear that you are enjoying my grows, always good to be able to put a smile on some once face :D Ill do my best to keep you smiling!

My light was bought some time back and i dont have the linky to the seller whom i got it form but it was of ebay and a got recommended to by from that guy by an fellow grower. Sure you can find a similar light on the bay if you have a look and do some research as all light arnt that good. Have a browse around and read comments and reviews, information is the way forward!

Take care and good luck.

// S

Seedling

And Trex, about the breeding question, i get my auto seeds from a breeder first and then i take what i like and my my own beens.. Also have a little breeding project going were im working on a mould resistant big Auto/semi auto for outdoors. Using a stable auto and a couple of different regular strains that are well known for there vigour and mold resistancey... we will see how that all pans out next spring when they will be test driven outdoors in the damp climate i have here :D

/S

Muddy

Don't worry, I didn't take any offense to what you said. After all, the purpose of forums like this is to discuss what we do, compare results and help each other out.

The first two Mi5s should be done this week, the other two by next week. Two of them had a branch seeded on each and those two aren't going to yield as much as the unseeded ones. The biggest one has an 18" long main cola that is 4" in diameter. I'm sure it's going to yield over 2 1/2 oz. I'll be sure and let you know what the final numbers are.

Hey Muddy.
Would be sweet if you pull that kind of weight from the light you have! I dont want to come in here with bad karma, that was not my intention, all i did was think about the numbers you pulled from that grow you talked about. Nothing negative coming out of me, it was all reflections.

Im actually thinking about upgrading my lighting and it stands between getting one more UFO 90w or buying a new 180w light and giving my old one to a friend in need. I would love to know more about the numbers from the grow you are doing now, maybe that can convince me to go for a new light. Dont really care if its a bit more expensive if i get better bud from it.

Seedling

Reckoner: Put them seeds in the ground now!! :D its a great strain and i would love to see another grow of them. When it comes to my outdoor mould resistant cross they are just for me and nothing commercial about them. Will have to try them out before i know how well the do outdoors, so far they are just indoor babies, we will see how they do and what happens. Know there are a lot of northern growers how would like something like that and im all about sharing :D

Muddy: Nice one mate, sound like you have a couple of monsters there, make sure to give us un update once they are done. If you can get some pix I would love to see them. Have a happy harvest and take care.

Reckoner

Reckoner: Put them seeds in the ground now!! :D its a great strain and i would love to see another grow of them.
I wish I could but as I have extra problems growing is complicated at this time, I just have a tiny closet wish is kind of full atm ... Maybe I have space for one more small plant but that would be it for now :D

When it comes to my outdoor mould resistant cross they are just for me and nothing commercial about them. Will have to try them out before i know how well the do outdoors, so far they are just indoor babies, we will see how they do and what happens. Know there are a lot of northern growers how would like something like that and im all about sharing :D
Nice to hear :D I figured you were not planning to sell anything, but i'd love to get my hand on those kind of seeds, as I think I won't have time to make my own this year. I'm not exactly what you would call a northern grower but I too suffer from crappy weather :D Last year I got mold in the middle of august :frown:

:tiphat:

Seedling

No worries mate, ill keep you in mind when my project comes to that phase. Like i said im all about sharing :D

Latest posts

Latest posts