What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jet47, Onyx, RRF and Santa 90w LED grow.

Seedling

Thank you Reckoner, glad you like it. From now on it will get interesting, seeing a little bit of tricomes on some of the plants but waiting for an explosion the coming week..

Also space is a real issue as the plants are growing biiig, had to toss one of the RRF ladies because there was no room for her :( Really hard thing to do, pulling a healthy lady but it had to be done, will have my hands more the full with the 4 remaining girls.

Feeding close to full dose of Hensi bloom now and they seem to respond well so will keep them on that regime for now, no need to add the phosphor plus yet..

Seedling

Hey again.

I would like some input and thoughts on defoliation. My grow cab super crowded and i think I will have to cut some of the shading leaves away. What do you guys think about the concept of defoliation, good or bad?

I would think there is some good to come out of it when having a super cramped grow space, not talking about taking all the fan leaves of just some that are shading the lower bud sites. Doing it in a way that I get most exposure to the light but not taking away any leaves that are not shading anything beneath..

Please let me know what you think! Weather its from experience, reading about it or just your thoughts.

Take care
//S

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey man, I think if you are selective and don't take too many in one sitting you should be fine.

I had a bushy auto I lST'd my last round, and took 2/3 of the fans off a few weeks into flower and didn't see any negative consequences.

However in the past (early growing days) I defoliated a White russian AF which didn't at all take kindly too it, definetly stressed it, it almost looked like it semi reveged. Delayed flowering by a few weeks for certain.

It's possibly strain related, but all I'd say is take out a few at a time, give them a few days and see how they react.

Good luck though, they are looking nice so far mate

Seedling

hey man, I think if you are selective and don't take too many in one sitting you should be fine.

I had a bushy auto I lST'd my last round, and took 2/3 of the fans off a few weeks into flower and didn't see any negative consequences.

It's possibly strain related, but all I'd say is take out a few at a time, give them a few days and see how they react.

Good luck though, they are looking nice so far mate

Cheers for the reply man. Im thinking in the same lines as you, not going to do one big defoliation but will pick some of the shading leaves of each time a feed. My plants are all heavily LSTed except the RRF because its in a small pot and not getting that big. When doing that much LST you almost have to do some defoliation as the plants get so bushy and you want all the bud sites to get some of the electric sunlight :D Any one else that might have any input feel free to share! Will be back with some pictures in the coming day or so... //S

arqbrunonogueir

hey man, they all look great.

i can tell you about the santa, on the one im about to choop i did lst and defoliation with no problem. like mitch said just dont take to many in one sitting, and be selective. right now ima take all the big leafs off, and tomorrow will harvest she.

wish you the best off all!

Seedling

hey man, they all look great.

i can tell you about the santa, on the one im about to choop i did lst and defoliation with no problem. like mitch said just dont take to many in one sitting, and be selective. right now ima take all the big leafs off, and tomorrow will harvest she.

wish you the best off all!

Hey man and thank you for stopping by! So you are almost done with the Santa? Nice! Good to hear about the LST and the defoliation, sounds promising. I would love to hear about the smell and once you smoke it about taste and flavour as well!! If you have any pictures feel free to post them here! Would love to see how she looks. There are not many grows out there of the Santa and the once ive seen only have half crappy pictures. How long did she take to finish from seed? Take care and have a happy harvest. :tiphat:

Seedling

So time for a little photo update, its not much but better then nothing. All is good, they are growing, slowed down on the stretch and i have a feeling the buds will start to fill in and to see the tricomes starting to form in the comming week.

Did a little bit of defoliation and feeding them full dose Hensi Bloom.

Pictures.
picture.php

Seeded Jet after second pollination.
picture.php

One in black and white
picture.php

The LSTed Onyx, nice and bendy :D
picture.php

Have a good one and stay safe.

Seedling

Ok here is a little update its now day 38 from seed if im not mistaken.. Things has really taken of the last week, smell is getting alot stronger and the ladies has stopped to stretch, its all about putting on weight and trics from now on. They are on full dose of Hensi Bloom and I also added half dose of Phosphor Plus today. The pollination went very well and i have lots and lots of seeds forming, un fortunately some pollen got spread to two more branches on the Jet47. Wanted to restrict it to two lower branches but i can see one or two seeds forming on two more braches but that is fine.

Here are the pictures, can say that so far im very happy with all strains. Cant wait to have them finish. Feel free to comment!

Group
picture.php

RRF, frosting up...
picture.php

Jet47, this girl will be massive, smells wonderful as well.
picture.php

Pregnant Santa branch.. Nice and frosty, full of seeds.
picture.php

Hope you like it.
//S

Reckoner

Awesome :)
They seem to mature really fast, don't they ?
Nice LST by the way :D

Are you making F2s only or will you get some crosses to ?

Seedling

Awesome :)
They seem to mature really fast, don't they ?
Nice LST by the way :D

Are you making F2s only or will you get some crosses to ?

Thank you for stopping by mate. The Santa is looking like a really fast one, the rest are good as well but nothing out of the ordinary. Im in no rush and will let them go till at least 50% amber before i cut them, they can take the time they need.. I have made some F2 of the Jet and Santa and then some nice crosses. I have Onyx (female) x Jet47(Male) and Santa(F) x Jet47(M) and Jet47(F) x Santa(M) so will have plenty of seeds to play with! My next grow will be with some very nice Danish genetics that I will cross with the Jet47 male to make them even earlier flowering then they are. Need something Early and mold resistant for the spring out doors. The Hybrides From Hell I have all show beautiful colours so hoping to get something special there, might take some of them to full Auto as well if time allows me to, or more like when time allows me to.... Would be good to have a nice purple/red, mold resistant, dank, big auto for the outdoors Take care and stay tuned. /S

Reckoner

Yep those hybrids from hell are tempting... I'd like to buy a few packs, cross it with something like RRF to bring out the dank and the auto traits... and you're good to go :D
But I think i won't have time and space to do it this year it's depressing.

Anyway, keep on updating :dance013:

:tiphat:

Seedling

Thats what im going to do, the HFH are on their way and i managed to get some really nice strains that i have high hopes for, rocket chunk #3 and Hazed Erdpurt amongst others..

Well i though id give u a little picture update from inside the grow cab. Here we go...

Group shop, its getting crowded in there..
picture.php

Santa side bud
picture.php

Jet47, putting on weight quickly now!
picture.php

Onyx
picture.php

Had a good look and smell on the ladies today and the RRF and Onyx are very very diesel leaning, deep green shiny indica fan leaves and a fuel/sweet very complex smell. The Jet47 has nice structure and is for sure sativa dominated and has a distinct AK smell, very fruity withh a hint of spice. The santa is some were in between the two, smells like some kind of over ripe fruit but i cant put my finger on what it is... Will probably get a better clue in the coming days as the girls are growing fast and the smells are evolving by the day.

Take care and keep it green my friends.

Seedling

Here is a small picture update from day 42 from seed. Its all looking good, the Onyx has put in a grow spurt and is putting on weight very quickly. Have to say that its my favourite right now, very healthy looking and the smell is super complex, think it will be a big yielder and so will the jet. Jet is a bit behind as it has thinner buds and is more of a sativa structure, very sticky though and probably has the best tric coverage so far..

Well well here are som shots.

Onyx from above, green oily leaves and lots of bud sites :D
picture.php

And a Onyx bud
picture.php

Jet47
picture.php

another Jet47 shot
picture.php

RRF, very nice indica structure and absolutely rock hard little nugs..
picture.php

Here is a seeded Jet47 x Santa brach
picture.php

Take it easy my friends.
//S

santa genetics

santa genetics

hi seedling
as u asked me to explain u what is santa's genetics i comne to explain it...

it is a cross between lr 2, white russian and super skunk... it was reworked this summer to improve potency, yield...

thank u for the kind words u posted me...

in fact i don't come now so often here coz i don't want to get more problem here with the team...

thank u all guys

*Stitch*

:wave:

Reckoner

Lookng better every day :)

Mate, I've ordered some Purple Mazar because I loved the pics you made of it :D Also because I'm looking for autos with a good indica buzz, and also because I want to see how different it is from the purple jems, which I like too :)
Anyway I think I'm gonna enjoy it.

See ya :tiphat:

Seedling

Thank you Stitch för clearing that up always nice to know the exact make up of the strains your growing. Think the one i have right now is leaning alot to the Whit Russian as i see alot of AK in it. Liking it so far, it is probably the fastest finisher of the autos im growing now and smell is very pleasant!

Reckoner thank you for popping in. Im sure you will be happy with the Purple Mazars, loved mine the smell and taste was excellent and the high a typical Indica stone, good potency as well. Will be nice to hear what you say about the difference between these and the PJs. Ive heard that they are similar but the taste of the PM is a lot better, just like strawberrys :D

Take care and stop by soon again

//S

uptosumpn

Veteran
well I wished I could say the same thing! ((it's because of your test grow seedling, I bought em')) All 10 of my purple mazars didnt make it!!!! [died @ day 3-5] <<was super effin pissed because I too wanted to compare to the PJ's.....I know it wasnt grower mistake...wonder if the breeder can help me out??? I have No More purple autos now....

Seedling

:(

:(

well I wished I could say the same thing! ((it's because of your test grow seedling, I bought em')) All 10 of my purple mazars didnt make it!!!! [died @ day 3-5] <<was super effin pissed because I too wanted to compare to the PJ's.....I know it wasnt grower mistake...wonder if the breeder can help me out??? I have No More purple autos now....

Sorry to hear that, Ive had 100% germ rate on mine! Sure the breeder will do something for you, he is a really good guy. Have you spoken to the Seedbank were you got them? Try emailing them or go straight to the breeder. Ill give you a lill pm with the details as i m not allowed to mention anything here. Cya around mate,

Muddy

Usually if seedlings die like that it's from damping off, which is a fungal infection. Did the stems near the soil line just sort of shrink up and the seedlings fell over? If so, that's damping off. More info here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688