What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jerry Garcia Growing Up

Jerry_Garcia

Harvest Day!!

Attachments

• IMG_0852.jpeg
    IMG_0852.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0851.jpeg
    IMG_0851.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0849.jpeg
    IMG_0849.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 42

Jerry_Garcia

All is harvested. I ended up with right at 20 ounces. I had an issue with my humidifier so they dried in 7 days…I seem to have the most success letting them dry for around 10-12 but I’m sure they will be fine. The NL#5 are under the LED and I’m gonna pop some Real Sour D x C99 I generously received from someone that I don’t want to call out unless they want to. Thanks again! Excited to run these!

Attachments

• IMG_0872.jpeg
    IMG_0872.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 52

Jerry_Garcia

So I messed up cracking the SD x C99 seeds. I had three pop, break soil and die. 100% my bad. So, I’m gonna shift gears and see if I can do better with some Lemon Sherbet from PhenoFinder Seeds.

Gonna put the NL#5 into flower soon. I thinned them out a bit over the weekend. I’ll let them recover for a few more days and then flip.

Attachments

• IMG_0895.jpeg
    IMG_0895.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0902.jpeg
    IMG_0902.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 49

Jerry_Garcia

So I’ve heard you have to watch out for calcium and magnesium deficiencies when under leds. I didn’t snap a picture, but you can see it in the pictures above. Looks like a mag deficiency to me. I gave them all some dolomite and watered it in earlier today. It seemed to progress very quickly on me. I saw it coming and should have hopped on it sooner. Crossing my fingers

stiff

Veteran
I might be wrong..but a shower or two with some epsom salts (magnesium) wouldnt hurt. Calcium deficiency should look like rust spots on the leaf.
I'd spray till they look lush green again and then up the magnesium a little bit

Just stole a picture of someone's grow and he's got calcium Def
Screenshot_20240103_181807_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:

Jerry_Garcia

I might be wrong..but a shower or two with some epsom salts (magnesium) wouldnt hurt. Calcium deficiency should look like rust spots on the leaf.
I'd spray till they look lush green again and then up the magnesium a little bit

Just stole a picture of someone's grow and he's got calcium Def
View attachment 18941533
Thanks Stiff! I believe you are correct. I’ve been giving them epsom salts in a foliar spray the past 1-1.5 weeks and it has made a world of difference. I also defoliated when I put them into flower on Dec 22nd. Looking much better!

stiff

Veteran
So it was just magnesium? They do look lovely now. Start adding whatever u gave in small doses everytime you water probably

Jerry_Garcia

So it was just magnesium? They do look lovely now. Start adding whatever u gave in small doses everytime you water probably
Yeah, pretty certain that was the cause. Epsom salt foliar sprays and some dolomite worked into the soil for the win!

So, winter is kicking our ass right now in KC! I mean frostbite kinda cold! -35 *F windchills. Could have gone to the Chiefs/Dolphins game free today but no freaking way! Gonna stay home and make some bubble hash with my honey using the rest of the Pineapple Express I have.

With this cold, it has gotten so dry in the grow room. I have finally broken down and have a humidifier on the way. I grabbed a Venta LW15. This will be plenty for the smaller room I have. Pricey but I have no doubt I will reap the benefit quickly with a much healthier crop. My VPD has been off since I started growing in this house. Always too dry. I have done a little better in the summer with our Midwest humidity but still, this thing should dial it in real nice!

Jerry_Garcia

So I have the humidifier set up and it works well, getting me from 35 to around 50%.

Just chugging along with the plants looking healthy. General hydroponics 3-part flora series feeding at 5.7-6.2 pH seems to be working.

Here is a shot of the flower room yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpeg
    IMG_1024.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 32

Jerry_Garcia

What a difference a few days makes. I noticed what looks to me like a calcium deficiency a number of days ago. I had the dolomite lime worked into the top layer of soil from when I felt I had a Mg deficiency. I have been adding some GH Cali-Magic to my feed as well as doing some foliar sprays daily. It seems to only be getting worse. I first figured given I’ve had both Mg and Ca deficiencies this round, maybe I had a pH issue. I tested the soil yesterday and it came out right at 6.5. I’m really not sure what to do at this point. Could I be wrong on Ca and it’s something else? I’ve been feeding the Flora series pretty heavy so it’s hard to believe they aren’t getting what they need. I’ll take any thoughts you might have.
IMG_1061.jpeg

Jerry_Garcia

Been a bit, just got busy and wasn’t loving how the NL#5 finished up. I’m sure Captain has some good genes in his stock but I wasn’t impressed with my run. I see some folks loving his stuff so maybe this run was my error. I had some kind of lockout or deficiency or excess that I don’t feel I really took care of sufficiently. Very leafy strain as well which is a negative in my book. Healthy feeding, soil pH on point, maybe a touch dry but a pretty solid environment. I probably won’t run his stuff again.

So the NL is hanging in the veg tent and I moved the Lemon Sherbet under the flower lights. Day 9 defoliation went well. I like how these look so far! Healthy with a nice structure and not too leafy.

IMG_1114.jpeg IMG_1115.jpeg

Jerry_Garcia

The NL#5 is curing and smoking better every day. Really nice head stash and I also have quite a few jars of small buds/trim to either make edibles or kief with.

The Lemon Sherbet from Phenofinder Seeds are looking great at 30 days 12/12. Using Athena nutrients for the first time and expecting some good things.

IMG_1177.jpeg
IMG_1175.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts