What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jerry Garcia Growing Up

stiff

Veteran
I second that..I just had a run in "water only" and they all struggled to the end. I guess its the difference between hps and Led's in my case. My LED'S make them eat so much more. I'll do another run..this time with extra feeding. I let you know how I go then. Usually they (whoever produced your soil) should offer something to top up the nutes. Have a look what they recommend.

Jerry_Garcia

Transplant was done last week and I flipped to flower last night. Some different phenos for sure. I’ve decided not to clone any of these. I have so many other strains I want to try, I think I’ll stick to seed runs for a bit. Just gotta decide what’s next.

IMG_0446.jpeg

Last edited:

stiff

Veteran
Different phenos...thats the best thing in seed grows. Besides that they take a long time. But I'm with you...I do the same. Good luck with it..I really like the cinderella99. Theyre looking great, maybe its time to put some stakes into the pots for support. They'll need it. I hope they turn out as nice as mine or even better🤞

Jerry_Garcia

Different phenos...thats the best thing in seed grows. Besides that they take a long time. But I'm with you...I do the same. Good luck with it..I really like the cinderella99. Theyre looking great, maybe its time to put some stakes into the pots for support. They'll need it. I hope they turn out as nice as mine or even better🤞
I should have mentioned, I did a light schwazz just before I flipped them to flower. I’ll likely do another around day 14.

Honest question. Do you mean staking in anticipation of needing them or do you think I should be tying them up already?

I usually am not staking until much later in flower.

stiff

Veteran
Just be ready for it..Cindy's grow with weak arms. I like to get stakes in quickly so they're less stressed at the moment you need them. Really depends how you approachit. If you use yoyos..nevermind

What's a light schwazz? Never heard that before though😅

Jerry_Garcia

Just be ready for it..Cindy's grow with weak arms. I like to get stakes in quickly so they're less stressed at the moment you need them. Really depends how you approachit. If you use yoyos..nevermind

What's a light schwazz? Never heard that before though😅
It just means to remove some fan leaves.

Jerry_Garcia

It just means to remove some fan leaves.
Some people are pretty aggressive with schwazzing and only keep the top 2 leaves on top of each branch. The idea is you get better light penetration while also getting the plant to put its energy towards flower formation instead of so much lower leaf maintenance. It’s proven that doing this will have a positive impact on yield.

Jerry_Garcia

I found this interesting. I am using the Advanced Nutrients FloraDuo series this round with TPS Nutrients Silica Gold. Well, I was getting some sedimentation in my reservoir so I questioned the stability. I got in touch with AN and they said I may have some rust sedimentation. Mixing silicates last will most likely oxidize nutrient inputs like heavy metal chelates, iron in particular will form iron oxide. So, actually picked up some of ANs silica additive, mixed the silica in first and then the FloraDuo A&B. No issues thus far.

Jerry_Garcia

So I did something new. I received some pollen from a friend that was a surprise male in a pack of fem seeds. I dusted one branch of each plant. Link to the father below.

stiff

Veteran
Good luck with the pollination. I hope you'll get plenty of seeds from it. Have you smoked that stuff the pollen came from?

Jerry_Garcia

Good luck with the pollination. I hope you'll get plenty of seeds from it. Have you smoked that stuff the pollen came from?
Thanks - I have not smoked it, only heard it’s some very good smoke. I’m not hoping for much, this is just some pollen chuckin but if successful, maybe I’ll grow them out someday.