What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jerry Garcia Growing Up

Jerry_Garcia

Just popped some Northern Lights #5 from Captain Redbeard’s. All 5 are up!

IMG_0662.jpeg

stiff

Veteran
For me it's one of the best forums software. I haven't got issues so far. What exactly do you mean? Slow on showing a big amounts of pics..but I can live with that

Jerry_Garcia

page loading
For me it's one of the best forums software. I haven't got issues so far. What exactly do you mean? Slow on showing a big amounts of pics..but I can live with that
It used to load pages and pictures so much faster in the past. If you are not having issues, it may just be my internet service.

stiff

Veteran
If it's a "wall of pics" it takes a bit...same here. I guess it's more like it when people post the full size images.

Jerry_Garcia

Took these yesterday, day 41 of 12/12. I’m happy with the C99s so far. The northern lights were transplanted today and are now in 1.5 gallon pots. I’m trying a liquid root stimulator for the first time. Gonna try and establish some better roots for the NL#5.

Attachments

• IMG_0684.jpeg
    IMG_0684.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0683.jpeg
    IMG_0683.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0682.jpeg
    IMG_0682.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 51

Jerry_Garcia

They continue to fill out and are starting to pack on some resin. I was running out of the Floraduo B so I picked up some General Hydroponics 3 part. I have been feeding every watering and I see no signs of over fertilizing. Today marks 49 days of 12/12. I haven’t even checked tricomes yet as I still have so many white pistils. I’ll start checking soon but I can easily see 2 weeks still. All depends on how fast they now ripen.

Northern Lights #5 are looking good. I topped 4 of the 5 today (one still needs a day or 2 to give me a good place to top). All the NLs have been getting is water and some rooting stimulator.

Attachments

• IMG_0736.jpeg
    IMG_0736.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0731.jpeg
    IMG_0731.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0729.jpeg
    IMG_0729.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 47

Jerry_Garcia

Long time - no check in. Those Cindys and NL5 are looking great, Jerry!
Welcome back Chester!

So today I thought I would take a look at tricomes, just for giggles. I was surprised that quite a few are amber already. Seems a bit early given how long they have been flowering and how the buds look at this point. I'll see if I can get some decent pics with my microscope.

Crazy Chester

Welcome back Chester!

So today I thought I would take a look at tricomes, just for giggles. I was surprised that quite a few are amber already. Seems a bit early given how long they have been flowering and how the buds look at this point. I'll see if I can get some decent pics with my microscope.
Thanks! Nice - having C99 and NL5 flowered in under 8 weeks is good to see - it's old school.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hey bud! Saw you were looking for a new nute. You ought to have good luck with the GH. Did you get all 3? You really only need the Bloom and micro if you want to run lucas formula but the 3 part can be done too. If you are going to leave them in your reservoir just sitting I would at least try to stir them good everyday to keep it a little aerated. I wouldnt add any organic material to the GH. You can always feed that separately and this will keep nasties out of the rez. I run RO and jacks now but haver used a few GH products over the years they mix great and are very ph stable once you get them set. Any issues pm me.

I'll have to look back if you are in coco or soil. I was running a bit of once a week Recharge in coco thought it helped a little. I just use base nutes, silica, mpk for bloom boost, and mr fulvic at .5ml/gal. I'm back in pure hydro. Also running a sterile rez with diy clear rez.

Jerry_Garcia

I'm in soil.

I've tried quite a few different nutes over the years and I always seem to have nice runs when using GH. And it's a simple 3 part with great pH stability. Gonna most likely run their 3 part for a few runs. I'm curious about FloraFlex. This is what they used at Illicit and had great results. Might give that a try someday.

Last edited:

Jerry_Garcia

Still packing on some weight. I’ve been watching trics (just tops) and she is definitely winding down. Some beautiful plants for sure.

The NL#5 are super vigorous and looking nice and healthy. I’ve topped them twice and plan to do a third.

Attachments

• IMG_0798.jpeg
    IMG_0798.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0801.jpeg
    IMG_0801.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 42

Jerry_Garcia

Hey bud! Saw you were looking for a new nute. You ought to have good luck with the GH. Did you get all 3? You really only need the Bloom and micro if you want to run lucas formula but the 3 part can be done too. If you are going to leave them in your reservoir just sitting I would at least try to stir them good everyday to keep it a little aerated. I wouldnt add any organic material to the GH. You can always feed that separately and this will keep nasties out of the rez. I run RO and jacks now but haver used a few GH products over the years they mix great and are very ph stable once you get them set. Any issues pm me.

I'll have to look back if you are in coco or soil. I was running a bit of once a week Recharge in coco thought it helped a little. I just use base nutes, silica, mpk for bloom boost, and mr fulvic at .5ml/gal. I'm back in pure hydro. Also running a sterile rez with diy clear rez.
I did get all three and have been using them all according to GH recommend feed schedule. They have you using a good bit of the Floragro up to harvest. Seems like excessive N to me but I’m not gonna argue with GH R&D. That being said, I need to look up Lucas formula.

Thanks for the tip on mixing these nutes with Organics. Yeah, I’ve really been feeding pretty simply the whole grow. I haven’t encountered any problems so I really haven’t been adding anything other than some extra silica at times.

I’m interested in Jack’s. The consensus I hear is that it works great and is cheaper than a lot of other nutrient programs.

Jerry_Garcia

All continue to go well. We’re getting close on the C99s. I would say about 80% cloudy tricomes as of this morning so just a few short days left. Once those are cut down, they will go into the tent for drying. That will kick out the NL#5s and put them under the led. A few pics from earlier today.

Attachments

• DSC_0018.jpeg
    DSC_0018.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0015.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0021.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Latest posts