What's new

JackTheGrower 2010 Collection test grow

K

kannubis

do you ever worry about porchlights and other ambient light outside? Just wondering, i know indoor outdoor are totally different worlds, just thought i would ask because your plants are close to your house. Looks great btw

Hey OCkk,
last year I worried about it and it seemed to turn out okay. The yields weren't huge, but that was my first run since way back. This year they are doing way better than last because of the better organic soil vs. less than good potting soil and MG nutes. I still try to keep the lights from being turned on at night, but don't think it will do too much harm if they come on for a short time. I find OD is a whole different animal than indoor though, hermies would be more prone indoor under similar circumstances... The full moon is pretty bright around these parts.

Thanks for the encouragement.

K

kannubis

pics from 9/2/10

pics from 9/2/10

Here are the currentest pics.

BOGOs
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Turloco

picture.php

picture.php

Tiki-jo
Eucalyptus pheno
picture.php

Sweet pheno
picture.php

The poor ignored root bound clones with not enough light.
These kids can take some abuse!
picture.php

Thats all for now folks. Enjoy the long weekend :)

J

JackTheGrower

:santa1: :tree:

Frosty the Snow Man!

I like how many large and long colas are growing on the Turloco.
Didn't have room here to see how the Rhino could have done.

Three large hanging Donkey-D's Yo but you could have 8 or more.

K

kannubis

I have no complaint about any of the strains in the 2010 Collection whatsoever. You did me right on the test-grow materials my friend.
My resident cats like 'em too. Both the four-legged ones, and the ones that I pluck off and squeeze. Tiki-jos have less of an appeal to the caterpillars than BOGO and Turloco from what I have found.
The BOGOs have a nice sugary leaf coating that shows up best in the odd photo where I didn't turn off the flash first, but that one shows the ants too, hehe.

J

JackTheGrower

for some reason the Ants do like the BOGO.

I didn't see the local Ants bother but like you the larger ants show up and basically die on the plants.
Are they getting stoned to death?

J

JackTheGrower

Hey You owe us some nice shots of Turloco..

Don't cut the Tops out of the Frame.

K

kannubis

for some reason the Ants do like the BOGO.

I didn't see the local Ants bother but like you the larger ants show up and basically die on the plants.
Are they getting stoned to death?

At least they are going happily :)

I'll get some better pics of them all up tomorrow.

K

kannubis

Here are some pics from yesterday. Just gave BOGO a taste test. A very early nug was almost dry on the plant from where a caterpillar had chewed through the stem, so I smoked it. The effect is an up high, very little stonedness so far. I like it. Since I am a sat lover, it strikes the right note for me.

Okay, enough rambling, here's the pics.

BOGO - nice and skunky now

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Turloco - getting some thickness starting

picture.php

picture.php

she's four and a half feet tall now

picture.php

Tiki-jos - still my favorite growth structure

Euc is getting stronger scent of menthol on stem-rubs
picture.php

Sweet is getting a menthol juicy-fruity scent on stem-rubs
picture.php

The effects have stayed uppish, still no stupid feeling :)

Thanks for stopping by :gday:

K

kannubis

mo pics 9/12

mo pics 9/12

This morning's pics are here.

I have captured the elusive sugar on the Turloco gal before the heat made it not show up in the pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BOGO is a fine smoke folks. The nuggs are getting some mass to them now.

picture.php

picture.php

Tiki-jo, the first is the lone male, then the young lady, then the phat-chik Sweet pheno, finally Eucalyptus pheno.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sweet is almost six feet, Euc to the right is taller.

picture.php

:tiphat:

J

JackTheGrower

That Turloco looks unique to me.

This is the first I am seeing it grown out and in the Sun to boot!

How are the Colas? It reminds me of Cactus.

I am stoked! That looks so cool! Thanks Man..

The frosting is just starting and if it follows it's White Rhino Mum it will phatten up even more as it frosts up.

If it takes a long time hang some Christmas tree bulbs off it! It can handle it!!

This morning's pics are here.

I have captured the elusive sugar on the Turloco gal before the heat made it not show up in the pics.

picture.php

:tiphat:

Last edited:
K

kannubis

After taking a good sample nugg from the BOGO and quick drying on top of the clone cab, it has expando properties, tastes great, and provides the relief I need in the neck and shoulder muscles that have plagued me with spasms for the last 4 years or so. That is only 5 weeks or so into flower, so I am sure it will only get better.

I'm glad to have made your acquaintance before you ascended Ernst.

K

kannubis

Turloco and the camera perdido

Turloco and the camera perdido

This post is dedicated to Turloco. Yesterday was the early sample taster-tester, and she is a doozy. Sweet, fruity, and smooth even when still damp.

It was an energetically stony experience. At first it seemed fluttery in the chest and breath, but I think that is from the sample still being damp. After a minute or so that went away, and so did my short term memory and half of my headache.

I had taken some pics, set the camera down, did some trimming on another plant, took some more pics and took everything inside to hang the trimmed plant. When it was time to take a pic of the hung plant, I couldn't find the camera anywhere I thought it was, so I spent 15 or more minutes looking around the whole backyard about the time it was getting too dark to see well and the led light wasn't bright enough to help much. Once I went inside to get a real flashlight, I picked it up and found the camera right where I had set it so I wouldn't forget where it was, duh, on the chair in the kitchen right on the way out the door.

So after the hunt and a long email session, everything mellowed out, I grabbed a bite, put the feet up and just was well-baked for a good while.

Anyway, here are some pics of the Turloco brain-killer pain reliever that has some up energy to the lazy stone. It is hard to get anything accomplished under her powers, but you really think it sounds like a good idea to do something :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

All I can say is YEAH! She took my mind and glued it to itself for a couple hours. :kos: :tiphat:

K

kannubis

9.26 pics o Turlocoooo

9.26 pics o Turlocoooo

These pics are more focused on the lower flowers so you can get an idea of what the middle of the kali-arms on this gal look like.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I think there will be excellent weight from Turloco in another month or so.

Enjoy :)

K

kannubis

Thanks fonzee,
they are about 5 - 6 weeks into flower, so a month or so they'll be dead flowers :)

K

kannubis

september is done

september is done

Here are Turloco pics from the last day of september

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

6 weeks of flowering or so. I'll let her go til the end of the summer, but I could chop now and be stoked with the outcome. :thank you: Ernst, you gave me some great seeds to play with.

BOGO is at 7 weeks and lots of amber already, was going to chop the last on Oct 7, but this weekend is when the trichs say she is d-o-n-e ready to take.

K

kannubis

Turloco summer is over

Turloco summer is over

The weatherman has been inferring that summer is over. There is the possibility of rain every day for the next week, and the real end of summer has come and gone. Caterpillars have had their share of Turloco already, so she got the chop Oct 5 because there were some clear trichs left and a couple ambers in the range of the 60-100x scope. Flower formation started the second week of August, but I'm sure that she started to flower before they were noticeable flowers, so its about 7 weeks from when I could tell she was flowering.

I took 8 lower branches and the cola off last night when I got home from the office. The rest was hung and defanned this morning. Turloco #2 from the test collection is one budly gal.

here are some pics of the process
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The top of Tiki-jo Eucalyptus pheno got cut last night too. She was kind of a sleeper plant, not bushy as the Sweet/Kush pheno, so I was pleasantly surprised with the weight that plopped into my hand when the stem was cut. After I got the fans snipped there was a monster top left.
Here she is yesterday before going topless.
picture.php

Saturday was the chop day for the Tiki-jo pheno that I was calling Sweet, but is more like the one Ernst called Kush. She was a more branchy, smaller budded sativaish plant than the Euc pheno.
Here is the hung ready to deleaf pic of her.
picture.php

And the new beginning - 3 clones were put out on Oct 4 to make some room in the mother/veg box. I will call the set out date the "flip" date, and see how long they take to finish from there. One BOGO, one Tiki-jo Kush, and one Tiki-jo Euc went in the planter.
Pics are in the above described order.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That is my report for this tuesday morning, hope y'all are having a great week too.:jump:

K

kannubis

Good use for a 4x4 tent

Good use for a 4x4 tent

Here is what my tent is looking like now. Turloco to the left, Tiki-jo Euc to the right, and Tiki-jo Kush behind the Turloco.

Should be a good bit to put away for the time before next years harvest.

picture.php

a closer shot of my dead flowers

picture.php

The major part of this thread has come to an end. Only the remaining clones just put out, and the end results of them will be posted as it occurs. I will put up yields when the final trim and jarring happens.

Next year will be another run, but there will be F2s and crosses thrown in also.
:thank you:

K

kannubis

top of euc pheno

top of euc pheno

Just a quick pic of the top of the Tiki-jo Eucalyptus pheno plant.

picture.php

:laughing: :tiphat: