What's new

Jack Herer, Is there a better strain?

vindiesel

Veteran
me and hazy jack are partaking right now. i love jack and consider it 1 of my favs sinnce about 2000. would like to try her for a run in near future.

K

Kal-El

Never had the pleasure of smoking the JH, I wonder how it compares to my SSH?

VirginHarvester

Veteran
dan woody is correct the pre 98 KALI is the bomb....like i keep saying smokeable LSD

peace
Chefboy

But honestly, it's not really available is it? There were some crosses I've seen that claimed to be part pre 98 but neither Serious nor Sag's Western Winds are likely all that similar nowadays to pre 98... right?

C

Cozy Amnesia

I was just gifted a jack herer clone and after reading this thread, wow! I had no idea it was so popular. I was wondering whether or not I should make it a mother, but now I know. A few quick questions:

How long does it take to flower?
What is the indica/sativa ratio?
Anything I should know about growing it?

Virgin Harvester,
I do believe that Western Winds pre-dates the newest Kali formula, but with that being said I trust Serious more after being burned by that horrible Sag. Sturporsonic strain.

Mine have finished around 10 weeks, my favorite clones, I have grown some, that were ready in 50 days, I have found sensi seeds to be true about there write ups,

mine are out of control.....should have flowered much sooner.... they get BIG FAST ....cant wait till my next go-round so i can do things a little better....i saved 3 females that exhibited different phenos and just one male that i liked its growth and leaves (more indica looking) and smelled like slightly rotten mangos

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
A few quick questions:

Depends on the phenotype. The one that I picked up from another Oregon MMJ patient takes 65 - 70 days with about 25% showing some amber. This specific cut is probably about 66% sativa. It can be a bit stretchy but it's not a huge problem.

HTH

CC

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Virgin Harvester,
I do believe that Western Winds pre-dates the newest Kali formula, but with that being said I trust Serious more after being burned by that horrible Sag. Sturporsonic strain.
Yeah, got a pack of WW and only two germed but I they showed signs of being crushed by the way the bank packed them so I can't blame Sag. But I just wonder how much of the old Kali high and feel is left in either breeder's offering, the "smokable LSD" type effect. Are either current Kali or WW even close? I dunno, since I don't know what the old Kali was like.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was just gifted a jack herer clone and after reading this thread, wow! I had no idea it was so popular. I was wondering whether or not I should make it a mother, but now I know.

Yes JH makes a nice mother plant. We crossed JH x Durban Posion (aka landing zone) in 2003/4 with good results.

A few quick questions:

between 56 and 100 days depending on specimen

What is the indica/sativa ratio?

NL#5 x Haze x Skunk #1

Anything I should know about growing it?

Yes Jack Herer prefers BIG pots of soil / root space,, and canes to hold up the flowers!

Hope this helps

C

Cozy Amnesia

Thanks Clackamas Coot and DocLeaf!

Here she is, I don't think she's rooted yet, I'm not sure how long it's been sense she was cut from the mother...

grow_cab045.jpg

Last edited:
I am getting around 3 ounces a plant, of some very wicked weed! I grew the G13 from sensi, it is everything they say, could,nt remember my name, just not into the Zombie type high,

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Yeah, got a pack of WW and only two germed but I they showed signs of being crushed by the way the bank packed them so I can't blame Sag. But I just wonder how much of the old Kali high and feel is left in either breeder's offering, the "smokable LSD" type effect. Are either current Kali or WW even close? I dunno, since I don't know what the old Kali was like.

My 07&08 Kali Mist [from a 07 serious pack] fitted the "smokable LSD" description, equal top ever weed alongside Sour Diesel, NL5xHaze all IMO, just a bit better than Jack Herer. I smoked it years ago several times [but had not grown it] and the latest version was easily as good, if not better. Serious are proper breeders, they improve their lines, that means change to some people, so they think it cannot equal good.

There was some info on here recently that made me think WW is not just 'pre 98 KM', but cannot for the life of me remember it... search may ....

My Reservoir Quick Mist [based on pre 98] was a disaster but I had crossed it to Cheese before I had issues with the ladies, so have some RQMxCheese and SSKMxCheese to try out beside each other.

Just a quick question, How are the seeds from Greenhouse, some of the hazes? anyone have a bad experience with them?(thier seeds) Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts