What's new

Jack Herer, Is there a better strain?

G

Greyskull

so i saw somewhere that jack herer is super silver haze... WTF?
I know seed co's will sell same/similiar genetics under different names (MNS Black Widow vs GHS White Widow)... maybe I am just really stoned....

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think there are a lot of strains that are more appealing than Jack. Where I live, Jack Herer has basically replaced beesters. It's ALWAYS around, so I've gotten to the point where I'm just not interested in smoking on it anymore. Personally, I think Daywrecker kicks Jack's ass in both potency and taste, and KK's Strawberry Cough is also a heavy hitter in both the potency and taste department. But please don't get me wrong, Jack truly is a magnificent strain...I just don't think it's the top of the top. Either way, smoke it and enjoy it! :pimp3:

White Rabbit

Digging in the garden
ICMag Donor
JH from sensi has eluded me. I will probably not taste this strain soon, here where we are, strains like JH is very seldom heard of. I have a JH X C99(was gifted 15 seeds, thank you God) currently at 15cm high. I will cross fingers for it to become. Maybe this will be a taster.

G

hears some jack herer after a cure

i do not mean to get off subject for a bit.but i have a pack of jock horror
and was wondering how close is this strain to the real deal. and i just love the bud structure on the jack H. does the horror have phenoms with the same bud structure.

i have seen some say they found phenoms in the horror that is just as good or better then the original jack H. not saying that nirvana knock off are better far from it.we all know if we have the cash that its best to get the original .

I purchased my first JH in 1997 and kept two mothers for 5 years.I made a lot of crosses,mostly with colombian and Guinea-Bissau (most probably an angolese variety) and made several f2 lines
crossed several lines with a Destroyer male vintage 2001 and docummented the results...gone with OG :(
In 2004,I came across an awesome DC line and quit working with the JH & hybrids...
I have access to several good JH keepers,but no one gets close to my favourite JH vintage ´97
here´s a JH bud grown outdoors by my good friend GrassMan :wink:

023-1.jpg

I call it "Jade Herer" :D

046.jpg

I don't know jack squat about most of this stuff, but I'm desparately trying to learn. FWIW, Guinea Bissau, is a small obscure country in West Africa. I only know because I lived next door while volunteering after college. Angola is farther south, so maybe the cross is actually from Guinea Bissau, as the name of the cross suggests. However, i don't know? Is it customary from breeders to name strains originating from one country the name of another country, i.e. a Guinea Bissau strain, being named Angolan. It's counter intuitive to me, but as I said before, I don't know how people go about naming strains or crosses. Does anyone know the answer? Doesn't make sense to me? Confuses the point of origin, like naming something Afghan, when it actually comes from Thailand.

Painfull

I never got to try pure JH but i did grow the BlackJack which was some good smoke. Looking at Jack47. Anyone grow this strain?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are a few grows going on right now with the Original Jack from Sensi Seeds. I have 5 plants from seed. Hazeseeker also has 10 plants going. Mine are farther along then his not much to see when there in veg. I got 1 mutation and you can see I spilled some Fert's on one f them

picture.php

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know jack squat about most of this stuff, but I'm desparately trying to learn. FWIW, Guinea Bissau, is a small obscure country in West Africa. I only know because I lived next door while volunteering after college. Angola is farther south, so maybe the cross is actually from Guinea Bissau, as the name of the cross suggests. However, i don't know? Is it customary from breeders to name strains originating from one country the name of another country, i.e. a Guinea Bissau strain, being named Angolan. It's counter intuitive to me, but as I said before, I don't know how people go about naming strains or crosses. Does anyone know the answer? Doesn't make sense to me? Confuses the point of origin, like naming something Afghan, when it actually comes from Thailand.

?????????????

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Got some Jack Herer x Herijuana seeds in the freezer! Sounds like I should pull them out and start looking for a keeper. Not a lot of interest in my area in JH but I know there is a select cut of Medicine Man that is sought after from Grass Vally area.

?????????????

I thought it was clear. You used Guinea Bissau and Angolese in the same sentence. How could that be? Guinea Bissau is a distinct country in West Africa, Angola is a very different and much farther south. i don't understand how one can have a Guinea Bissau of Angolese variety??????? I really want to learn,maybe I'm just too obtuse about it all. To me it's like saying I'm a Californian of Alabama variety.

I would only consider going with that certain breeder (as I have heard quite a few issues with Sensi's germination rates lately). So going with that other breeder or even Nirvana's Jack Horror may be the best way to go right now, at least until we hear that Sensi's rates have improved.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought it was clear. You used Guinea Bissau and Angolese in the same sentence. How could that be? Guinea Bissau is a distinct country in West Africa, Angola is a very different and much farther south. i don't understand how one can have a Guinea Bissau of Angolese variety??????? I really want to learn,maybe I'm just too obtuse about it all. To me it's like saying I'm a Californian of Alabama variety.

I mean(probably) an angolese strain that was grown in Guinea-Bissau
sorry about my english :smile:

DIH419

I'd say NL5 x Haze, SSH, and White Widow could all give Jack some real competition as far as yeild/high/flavor go. Why do old growers hold mothers of these strains for 15+ years ?? I've talked to other old timers saying the same thing about Mothers Finest also, but I don't have much personal experience as I have with the latter.

DIH419

Got some Jack Herer x Herijuana seeds in the freezer! Sounds like I should pull them out and start looking for a keeper. Not a lot of interest in my area in JH but I know there is a select cut of Medicine Man that is sought after from Grass Vally area.
There is a SSH cut in NorCal that is to die for.

DIH419

so i saw somewhere that jack herer is super silver haze... WTF?
I know seed co's will sell same/similiar genetics under different names (MNS Black Widow vs GHS White Widow)... maybe I am just really stoned....
Similar genetic building blocks recombined in a slightly different fashion. The Hempstar clone from Kootenay area is an excellent Jack Herrer recreation that utilized Oasis from DP in the original cross. Hope that helps ..