What's new

Jack 47 Auto ® grow Sweet Seeds

B

bigganjabud

I'd say your good to go I've just put beans to water yesterday so il be along for the ride with you bro!!

Oh and sorry it took so long I forgot ,WELCOME TO THE SWEET SHOP!!!

HereIgrowagain

Just a heads up. I have ran the single SMS fan/temp controller all day today to make sure it was working ok as It came in a box of bits from another brother.

Happy enough to say that controlling the fan itself it works great, no hum at all.

Set it up as it's sposed to be set ie controlling the temp and a min setting for the fan, and basically fandabbydozie bobs ya uncle jacks ya aunt, all working fine. The fan is running slightly faster than I had it set at but the lack of the humming electrical sound means it is far less obtrusive.

I will hold onto this single unit and pick a double RAM one up in the near future. I have a 4" intake running with a 6" out. This will also be changed in the not so distant. A 6" intake will give the optimum control I reckon.

Oh just for the record and my own personal notes....I am running the 4" intake with a matched filter standing outside of the tent. This I hope will aid in cleaner air going in as opposed to unfiltered air thus reducing any other risks. If my calculations are correct.

:tiphat:

HereIgrowagain

Ok so, 1 week on from chucking them into the pots and into the tent. I have literally only just "in the last 2 hours" changed the bulb over to a 600.

The seedlings have been playing with a 250 24hr on for the first week with water only. My tap PH is 6.5 so that is what they have had,after a 24 hr stand so slightly lower ph. They were looking slightly pale today so I have gave them just a smidgen of nutes with today's changeover to a 600 HPS. EC 1.2 Ph 5.8.

I have set the 600 to 20 on 4 off.

I went mental the other day, well, I shall retract that, "almost mental" the other day when I followed a touch of advice to try maccy d straw support lol. Fook me them straws curl like a biatch trying to get them on the stems haha. Anyway, I managed to not kill anything in the process. I have since found out, (last night ashleigh) that KFC do some cracking straws with their smoothies 10x the size to mckdees. A trip through the drive through is on the cards for extra supplies.

My pics are not the best and most likely cock eyed, hopefully I have sorted the size out "I hope" but you may notice a little something on the top of the pots around the stems. This is a lil something I always used to use mixed in for either greenhouse or outdoor mallarkys over the years, Chicken shit!! I will keep a tab on the levels of run off as the grow grows just to make sure that I do not go all Pete tong on the plants. Chicken shit served me very well in the past but I have scaled it right down for this run.

Seaweed tea is brewing nicely however I think I may be waiting a little longer than I thought before it will be used, which is a good fault.

Long story short, all 14 sweet seeds set burst out looking for the goodness and are doing well. The 1 unnamed, (that I chucked in to keep the numbers up) is also doing canny. 100% so far

As I said, not much to look at but. it will get better as we grow.

B

bigganjabud

Lmfao I never said it was the least fiddley thing in the world to do !!!!!

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
arent they a bit wee for a 600? maybe I'm just too easy going on mine, hope theyre doing ok mate :)

HereIgrowagain

arent they a bit wee for a 600? maybe I'm just too easy going on mine, hope theyre doing ok mate :)

I had contemplated moving on to a 400 for a week but decided to go with the 600 I kept the canopy a good distance to reduce stress and possibly induce a bit stretch. I don't mind a lil extra height with them being autos, at least that was my thoughts lol.

Anyway, as it stands, all seedlings are starting to pull on a bit now, still not massive by any means but looking healthy. The pale look that the first set of leaves had seems to have cleared up replaced by a more lush green, I think :)

I will update with pics on Wednesday, and I will try and dig my camera out as I am finding it a pain in the arse using mobile.

Currently on 20/4 at the moment. I am eckling on dropping to 18/6 midweek for the remainder of the grow.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Curious how this turns out. I probably have enough room to toss an auto or two in my veg tent and everyone recommends Sweet Seeds work. This particular cross is one I was most interested in.

@HereIgrowagain - I think your logic is a little off on the stretch theory. You really want to give the plant the most light it can get if you want it to grow as large and as healthy as possible. Even if it means it doesn't get quite as tall - there will still be more there and as a result more yield - and probably easier to work with as well as stretched plants from lack of light flop everywhere in bud in my experience.

doob

Good stuff. I am enjoying my j47 fruits at the moment :) smells delicious and packs a punch, be better under that 600 as well, be prepared for 11-12 weeks though is my only note haha

HereIgrowagain

In that case OGE going on to the 600 was the right move. I kept the light maybe 6" higher then normal due to not wanting to kill or risk damage to the seedlings.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
all the tags in my sig are thanks I give for free seeds bro, a little free advertising is the least I can do ;)

edit: thats not true, the CBH one wasnt a test grow, but it's my first so I keep it around :)

B

bigganjabud

7178513 that code? Just seen the number In my sig so obviously not that one