What's new

I've been doing ZERO runoff for 6 months. Complete Success.

leyus

Excellent. Sham that there is no journal I could fallow your lead. Hand watering 8 plants in coco is pain even without run off. So I think I will give it a try. Why not.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
As far as no runoff I grow tropical plants in 20gal containers that have no holes for runoff. Some are 11' tall. I only give them my well water that is less than 100ppm. They always look great. 12 years with no runoff. There is a white salt crust on top of the soil but so what, they don't care.:biggrin:

theother

No runoff works, runoff works:biggrin: Any new guys I highly suggest when doing no runoff you flush at least once a week with a lot of runoff using low strength nutes.:tiphat:
I think that's probably the best schedule for someone starting coco without doubt. Seems like every so often someone will miss due to overwatering and this pretty much solves that.

He grows in a bed of coco with 72 plants in the bed.:biggrin: I wouldn't do runoff with that setup either:tiphat:

I really think this is a huge factor. The quantity of media is gonna have a huge impact on this. What works in a 5 gallon smartie is gonna need to be modified to work in 1.5 gallons of coco. Common sense is the answer lol.

Didn't quote the post but the oaks coed thing is interesting. I definitely take it with a grain of salt but do believe there is something there, I always run dc in any coco I do, the stuff is amazing. If it did what they where sanctuary bound stuff out to where it didn't effect the media I think I would be scared of it. My honest guess is that it is pk with a broken bond so the have lots of negative "arms" to grab onto the positive ions or whatever of the nutrient. I think the other part of there secret sauce is the acid nature of it. If you check the chelate thread glow posted an article he had written that made a strong case for acids being the only except able chelate-er for negatively charged elements. My guess is the plant is either getting it or at least getting a real good shot at getting it when using drip clean. I wouldn't trip on this though bro, it's kind of like what a surfactent does in a way, it's just increasing uptake, everything that's in the nutrient solution we are trying to feed the plants so it's not the end of the world if some of the EDTA or potassium carbonate gets in there. To be afraid of drip clean would be analogous with being afraid of hydro and at that point your overthinking it.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I use peKacid but I'm not convinced it does a damn thing helpful, I know it doesn't hurt. I'll keep adding it till the day I figure out if it works, I got a lifetime supply:biggrin:

theother

I use peKacid but I'm not convinced it does a damn thing helpful, I know it doesn't hurt. I'll keep adding it till the day I figure out if it works, I got a lifetime supply:biggrin:

Personally I am quiet convinced drip clean with runoff works, whatever it does, it keeps the salts from binding to the media, and it has no negative impact on quality or taste in my opinion. PEKACID is absolutely drip clean I believe, I read that Israeli pamphlets you or someone else through up, it was a good read.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
yup. and 1x a week i also hit them with a .5 feed of just cal mag and molasses. really helps balance things out and gives them a break, makes them very hungry for the next feed.

Awesome, I have read other threads of smaller grows
that use brewed tea once a week in coco and get great
results.

I assume everything is closely monitored.

Good stuff, glad I stumbled across this thread.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
been running with no runoff in coco for YEARS, dripclean and fresh water Fridays(using filtered tap)...low ec....and I LOVE molasses...I've been preaching no run off coco for a long time, mostly disregarded...but hey I keep doin what works best for me.

and I'll take flushed over non-flushed every day of the week...ashes are still white but the flavor degrades quickly after the green rip imho.

Miraculous Meds

That's another one of those bottles that is sitting on a shelf half full. Some people swear by it. Me, ive used it for a year, and thought it was pointless.

Do u still get that salt buildup on top of ur medium when u use it?

I still got salt buildup on my pots when I used it/

Miraculous Meds

Awesome, I have read other threads of smaller grows
that use brewed tea once a week in coco and get great
results.

I assume everything is closely monitored.

Good stuff, glad I stumbled across this thread.

Another one of those things I used to do, and have full batches of all kinds of things to make tea, and think it was pointless too.

I know for a fact that u don't have to use anything extra than base nutes to get top yields like the op and above.

But somebody's got to support those companies. lol

I know ive donated my share.

If it works for u and makes u happy, then that's all that counts. I just know from trial and error that they aren't needed.

Miraculous Meds

So are you hand watering?

When you harvest you are getting like 100 lbs? Damn dude, you must REALLY like getting high! What kind of landrace strain you growing? I've grown lambsbread landrace and I couldn't even get half a gram per Watt, and it's a 20 week strain! You gotta share what your secret is!

Its the environment, fundamentals, and genetics, all equally important. If u work hard on studying and mastering these, then the op's yield is attainable and well beyond.

leyus

been running with no runoff in coco for YEARS, dripclean and fresh water Fridays(using filtered tap)...low ec....and I LOVE molasses...I've been preaching no run off coco for a long time, mostly disregarded...but hey I keep doin what works best for me.

and I'll take flushed over non-flushed every day of the week...ashes are still white but the flavor degrades quickly after the green rip imho.

Which weeks are you using molasses and how much?

Scrappy-doo

Don't hold your breath as I doubt he posts piks of the op. They run 1300 plants, 8 4x8 tables in each room, 72 plants a table. They obviously know what they are doing and no runoff works great for them, end of story:biggrin:

Guess everyone's just gonna have to take their word for it then, eh?.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Guess everyone's just gonna have to take their word for it then, eh?.

It's not like he saw Bigfoot and won't give us piks to prove it.:biggrin: Go read that 300 page blumat thread if you want to see tons of piks of dank grown with no runoff. It's not like the OP is trying to start something new, he's following what a LOT of other people do on here.
Did you see Whadeezlrgs post 6 above yours? He grows awesome dank with no runoff, go check out his piks:tiphat:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Which weeks are you using molasses and how much?

all the way through, although I only add 3-4 tsp to a 25 gallon rez though...sometime's I'll go a bit heavier on the molasses the week before flushing

I don't personally judge drip clean by the presence or lack thereof of dried salts in the medium, do a side by side with and without it, I can guarantee that the side with drip clean has a much better flavor and burn, in my experience drip clean is one of the best flavor enhancers on the market, it's not pumping artificial flavors into our flowers it amplifies the natural flavors and gives you that 'flavored air' type of taste...nice, clean, subtle, flavors. personal preference I suppose...I will not grow without it....also I don't mind paying $40 for a bottle that lasts me around 6 months