What's new

I've been doing ZERO runoff for 6 months. Complete Success.

shredGnar

I switched from #3's to #5's because I am unable to water 2x daily and would come into my garden only to find dry plants falling all,over he place. If nothing else, just allows for more water storage and more weight to prevent tippage. A good kinda problem to have: plants so heavy that the pots can't keep em upright. Just discarded an Orange Diesel clone that was regularly pumping out 8 zips of tops in 3G smart pots. Fill up the pots and saucers to the brim at lights on and they would be dry the next lights on.

I'm not sure how much I believe root size correlates to plant size and yield. As long as the medium maintains proper moisture and nutrients then what is the difference? The bigger mass does help to hold the plant up but I run a trellis so that is irrelevant to me.

I've gotten 17.5 ounces from a 9 week sour pink grapefruit in 3 gals and see 6-8 oz with my regular strains.

I do run 1/4" feed lines with a pump on a recycle timer as I wouldn't be able to hand water 2 x a day.

Anyone reusing their coco?

I was skeptical at first, but saw some people doing the blumat thing.

I decided to use blumat this grow, and have just been using maxibloom KISS with pekacid (dripkleen) and hello, no problems with pH, or salt, or anything.

I won't grow my plants any other way from now on, blumat and coco is amazing.

PS, I was going to reuse my coco, but there was so much roots that I couldn't even beat the coco out of them.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran

I decided to use blumat this grow, and have just been using maxibloom KISS with pekacid (dripkleen) and hello, no problems with pH, or salt, or anything.

PS, I was going to reuse my coco, but there was so much roots that I couldn't even beat the coco out of them.

I ran the same thing. I used 3/4" black hose as the supply line. I had some clear 3/4" line as risers to release bubbles. I noticed a lot of buildup in the clear lines from the maxi and pekacid. You might want to run some white vinegar/water through your lines to clean them after every run or every two runs.:tiphat:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran

yeah blumats and coco rock...although smart pots are not ideal w/ blumats & coco ime

I actually just found my cache of blumats a few days back, and am pretty eager to get em all set up and dripping again

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
they worked okay to good for me, but I would get dry spots in the smart pots when only having 1 blumat per pot(3-4gal). I would also get runoff if I opened up the flow any more than it was...seemed like the smarties didn't allow the coco to fully wick to the edges of the pot mainly the upper 2/3. I've just found that what works best for me in straight coco w/ blumats are normal black nursery pots, they stay evenly moist minus the area directly under the drip line which is obviously a bit more saturated.

also that was a general statement, not directed at anyone in particular.