What's new

Its time for another Coffee Lovers thread!

oldhaole

Veteran
I get my coffee from a guy who locally roasts his own beans.

Good stuff!

There is a place on the Big Island called Merriman's it's near that big ranch. They were selling small batch Kona coffee for 50 bucks a pound.... My mouth dropped open. Great place to eat though.

Geeker....TYVM :tiphat:

Bobby, There's a guy down the road that will take your just picked cherries, husk, and roast them. He gives you half back roasted to his preference. Then he sells his half for $35 a lb.

That's a rip. Picking the cherries is the hard part. All by hand.

Coffee came to Hawaii in the 1850's. Most of the stock came from Guatamala. The best coffee is grown above 3000 ft and under shade. It also grows wild in the gulches, but it's packed too close together to bear well.

picture.php

Scrappy....Coffee will grow anywhere there is no frost. It'll grow in garbage soil, even lava rock.

picture.php

Since I made the last post in this thread, this year's crop has been harvested, and we had a good rain that kicked the plants into flower. Coffee will only flower after it rains. This year I have 10 more trees starting to bloom.

picture.php

I'm running low already. This year I'd like to grow enough to keep myself all year and have enough for Christmas gifts.

And I'm slurping down another cup as I type.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
They had a show on PBS that had a segment where they were grafting kona to grape vine in Hawaii, have you heard about this, OH?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

no half & half in the store so I had to grab
some straight heavy cream for my coffee,
it sure didn't take much to lighten it though.

litebuzz

well I'm a foo foo coffee drinker...chocolate godiva with some peppermint extract...then brew in Mr Coffee...topped with some extra creamy whipped cream....yum in the am with a bat.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
kopiluwak.jpg

Kopi Luwak is the most expensive coffee in the world. At my local specialty coffee bean store, it sells for $420 per pound—or $10 for a 10 oz. brewed cup

Kopi Luwak is very different from that cheap, gauche coffee you and I drink every day. This is because each hand-harvested bean of Kopi Luwak has been artisanally shat out of the digestive system of a small Indonesian pseudo-cat.

Green Supreme

Veteran
An old mix I love is 60% Colombian Supremo and 40% Kona. Peace GS

ps. drinkin Nabob organic medium roast as we speak

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I recently had the misfortune of stopping by La Barista in Detroit Lakes MN, had to be one of the worst cups of coffee I've ever had, it was a depth charge (2 shots espresso in a cup of coffee) of regular non-flavored coffee that was bitter and bad/odd tasting.

I only know of one member from that area and hope he sees this post.

SetHeh

For me nothing compares to a good coffee brewed in Moka Express (see pic below). I think the taste is superior to anything else. Moka Express is also portable and you can take it anywhere.

moka-express-hob-espresso-maker-6-cup.jpg

T

toughmudderdave

Just roasted a nice Costa Rican Finca Salaca Las Brisas...Oh yeah.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love a good cup of Joe.. Im not into it as much as I was 5 years ago. I had everything. Roasted my own beans. Made my own blends..It was a hobby :).. Now I just buy good ground coffee. I dont have the time to do all that anymore..I might get me a bean grinder again. This is the best way to get fresh beans into your cup..Kopi Luwak may be the most expensive but my taste buds don t like it. I will let you guys drink that :)

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For me nothing compares to a good coffee brewed in Moka Express (see pic below). I think the taste is superior to anything else. Moka Express is also portable and you can take it anywhere.

moka-express-hob-espresso-maker-6-cup.jpg

that's all I ever use, makes the finest cup of coffee every time.......

justpassnthru

Veteran
Italian Roast (dark) Expresso, a drop in my half and half..keeps my up all day and night..
Now, I use, Italian Roast Expresso from Fresh and Easy: pre-ground
Made in a Mr. Coffee Expresso machine. I quit grinding, a few years ago.

Just love a good cup of coffee. Can't take the caffiene anymore,:ying: with auto-immune disease.

Starbucks, was nice. Just can't see the price. sumatra, during the holidays, is pretty good, as well.:dance013: jpt

Latest posts

Latest posts